Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Israel airstrikes in Syria (confirmed)

AsteroidX

Because of the historic hatred between these two groups. Both feel entitled to the land, though the Palestinian Arabs didn't give two shakes for it before the Jews came back to live there. Ainyway, they both want it and feel they are willing to die to get it. That's the short answer. The long one is that the whole situation seems supernatural in nature and it's being used to bring about a new age of this world. Tough times before it arrives though. Mankind is about to be taught the futility of such hate.

You obviously have very little understanding of history, if you think this "hate" is historic.

Because of the historic hatred between these two groups. Both feel entitled to the land, though the Palestinian Arabs didn't give two shakes for it before the Jews came back to live there. Anyway, they both want it and feel they are willing to die to get it. That's the short answer. The long one is that the whole situation seems supernatural in nature and it's being used to bring about a new age of this world. Tough times before it arrives though. Mankind is about to be taught the futility of such hate.

I know that it happens because of the historical hatred. I mean why as in why does it have to be the case? Why can't they *both* "have" the land?

You obviously have very little understanding of history, if you think this "hate" is historic.

I don't think he's wrong. I think the historic hate has led to present actions which cause more current hate.

I don't think he's wrong. I think the historic hate has led to present actions which cause more current hate.

I was reffering to history before the existence of israel itself, the hatred spawned after.

I know that it happens because of the historical hatred. I mean why as in why does it have to be the case? Why can't they *both* "have" the land?

I think that they both will be forced by the international community to agree to such a sharing arrangement - especially of Jerusalem. But as to why they won't share? Human nature I assume. It certainly would be a more rational way to proceed. And I don't understand your point completely but if you mean possibly a single state then that would never be acceptable to Israel and for justified reason. Within 2 generations or so Israel would be just another Muslim state in the region with Jews hopelessly left in the minority. Since they are hated in the extreme this is completely unacceptable for them.

I was reffering to history before the existence of israel itself, the hatred spawned after.

The hatred of the state of Israel, of course. It could hardly be otherwise - kind of hard to hate something that hasn't been around for 2 millennia. But if you are seriously contending that there is no long standing hatred of Muslim for Jew then I would direct your attention to the Holy Qur'an. It's hardly a Valentine's greeting. You obviously are speaking of the more recent history where they have gotten on for a few decades while living together in Palestine. If you pull at the thread of that idea a bit you will find it unravels easily. They got along because the Jews were in a more or less permanent second class condition - much the same as Palestinians in Gaza and WB today.

Glad I can be of amusement for you Acidhead. No offense taken btw. Anytime anyone from that auspicious body of do gooders needs to see me they'll have no problem looking me up. And I might add that I also am heartened to know that anyone would consider me an extremist when all I do is state basic biblical beliefs. You see the faithful are told that such persecutions would come on them and would be far more than just insults from "friends" like this. Eventually if I speak my mind about my faith I may ACTUALLY hear that knock at the door and be taken someplace "for questioning". And while I'm sure it might be a little stressful or costly it will reassure me that I am in fact living the correct way. Does it seem the slightest bit unfair, acidhead, that you are willing to think me somehow dangerous because of my beliefs even though it's plain for anyone who has read my thoughts for this past year that I couldn't possibly be a real threat to anyone? Friend, I tell you that a time is coming when to do what you have just done (hopefully in jest) will be enough to actually flag a person and single them out - just because of their faith and willingness to merely speak of it, for attention from that government you so mistrust. It won't be funny then. And the greatest irony of all to me is that while you'd do something like this to a Christian, you'd never dream of saying any such outlandish thing against a Muslim, for fear of being considered "hateful". All humor aside Acid, I hope you'll consider this in the future.

These chistian-judaism biblical beliefs you interpret your own special way are encouraged in your posts. Your posts welcome war and destruction. It's like you crave the coming of the end and a new beginning. It's hollow. It's empty. It's psychotic. That is NO different than the Islamic extremist beliefs you encourage others to fear.

Just curious....

Have you ever heard 'we become what we hate'?

If israel keeps prodding and poking everyone they are going to assure themselves of total annihilation sooner or later!Their god did not come down out of the sky and save them during WW2 the US did and we have been weakening and our ties loosening.There enemies are many and they are getting backed by bigger and bigger allies themselves.I have nothing against israel but the whole we can do what we want idea is not realistic anymore.

• Like 1

These chistian-judaism biblical beliefs you interpret your own special way are encouraged in your posts. Your posts welcome war and destruction. It's like you crave the coming of the end and a new beginning. It's hollow. It's empty. It's psychotic. That is NO different than the Islamic extremist beliefs you encourage others to fear.

Just curious....

Have you ever heard 'we become what we hate'?

I do crave the end of this horror of an existence that most humans are subjected to daily. Just because your life may be somewhat comfy cosy at the moment doesn't change that the vast majority of humanity lives in squalor, fear and ignorance. Equating me with those who wish for the destruction of my enemies is false but don't let that stop you from the character assassination if it's important to you - doesn't bother me Acid. But when you make excuses for the actual behavior of violent groups and equate them with rhetoric from an opposite side then you look ridiculous. My "interpretation" of belief is mainstream - far from being in the area of zealotry. You refuse to comment on the important parts of what I say and instead fall back to a lame accusation that I am some threat because of my ideas. My ideas. In a world where we so value free speech and knowledge, surely it is not threatening to espouse one's ideas in a public forum? Face it Acid, you are as much a zealot as the next guy, you just lay back and try to couch the attack as an intellectual exercise.

Their god did not come down out of the sky and save them during WW2 the US did and we have been weakening and our ties loosening.There enemies are many and they are getting backed by bigger and bigger allies themselves.I have nothing against israel but the whole we can do what we want idea is not realistic anymore.

John Kerry was hired to correct this lack of bowing to our Israeli friends enough by our Muslim POTUS.

If israel keeps prodding and poking everyone they are going to assure themselves of total annihilation sooner or later!Their god did not come down out of the sky and save them during WW2 the US did and we have been weakening and our ties loosening.There enemies are many and they are getting backed by bigger and bigger allies themselves.I have nothing against israel but the whole we can do what we want idea is not realistic anymore.

I personally believe that Israel will remain forever. I accept that that flies in the face of logic but religion is that way I guess. The Bible says that at some point future the WHOLE world will come against them and God Himself will protect them. I've chosen what I believe.

WOW... you're one sick individual bud.

Just curious - why is he sick, yet Iran's leaders get a pass when saying the same thing, artfully I will admit, but they say the same thing repeatedly.

Just curious - why is he sick, yet Iran's leaders get a pass when saying the same thing, artfully I will admit, but they say the same thing repeatedly.

I can never figure this out either. It is like when people say, other countries have nuclear weapons, why can't Iran?

Maybe because the countries with nukes are not threatening to wipe another country of the map?

I do strongly believe that Iran WILL nuke Israel as soon as it has enough capability. The only reason they need a nuke deterant against the West will be for the reprisals that will follow.

I think and certainly hope

I do strongly believe that Iran WILL nuke Israel as soon as it has enough capability. The only reason they need a nuke deterant against the West will be for the reprisals that will follow.

I think and certainly hope you are wrong, but you are right in that is the reason Iran cannot be allowed to have nuclear weapons. People thinking they should be allowed "like other nations" can only be seen as utter airheads.
  • Like 1

I think and certainly hope

I think and certainly hope you are wrong, but you are right in that is the reason Iran cannot be allowed to have nuclear weapons. People thinking they should be allowed "like other nations" can only be seen as utter airheads.

So why is Iran so desperate to acquire Nuclear Weapons? I could understand if they felt like they were in danger of an Iraq style invasion. But Bush has gone, the world has no desire to get involved in another Iraq/Afghanistan conflict. But they still continue and can see the world has no desire to confront them, if it continues we may be forced.

Only the airheads believe Iran in it's claims of a peaceful nuclear energy program, they are an oil producing nation for gods sake.

The only other reason I can think of is to gain ultimate control of the region. They will be able to threaten Saudi Arabia and even with the Saudi's military capability they will effectively be defenseless. But Iran already has missiles capable of carrying a nuke and reaching Saudi.

At the moment they seem to be working on long range capability which has reaching Israel written all over it. This Mickey Mouse space program is almost certainly a smoke screen for long range missile testing, exactly like North Korea.

Finally should we just ignore the threat to 'wipe Israel off the map'?

• Like 2

So why is Iran so desperate to acquire Nuclear Weapons? I could understand if they felt like they were in danger of an Iraq style invasion. But Bush has gone, the world has no desire to get involved in another Iraq/Afghanistan conflict. But they still continue and can see the world has no desire to confront them, if it continues we may be forced.

Only the airheads believe Iran in it's claims of a peaceful nuclear energy program, they are an oil producing nation for gods sake.

The only other reason I can think of is to gain ultimate control of the region. They will be able to threaten Saudi Arabia and even with the Saudi's military capability they will effectively be defenseless. But Iran already has missiles capable of carrying a nuke and reaching Saudi.

At the moment they seem to be working on long range capability which has reaching Israel written all over it. This Mickey Mouse space program is almost certainly a smoke screen for long range missile testing, exactly like North Korea.

I'm beginning to really believe that this is exactly the situation. They act as though the threat isn't real but in their hearts the truth is IMO, they cannot lose because it doesn't matter to them if Israel is destroyed - or so they think. It's insanity to think that Israel would refrain from nuking everyone they thought was responsible.
  • Like 1

I personally believe that Israel will remain forever. I accept that that flies in the face of logic but religion is that way I guess. The Bible says that at some point future the WHOLE world will come against them and God Himself will protect them. I've chosen what I believe.

I support your rights to have your beliefs,i do not mock or bash any religious persons beliefs as long as they do not bash my ways of thinking.I see all this has 2 sides aswell,i just do not want the world to go to war because 2 religion's can not figure out how to solve a few problems over fairly insignificant things when compared to the whole.

I support your rights to have your beliefs,i do not mock or bash any religious persons beliefs as long as they do not bash my ways of thinking.I see all this has 2 sides aswell,i just do not want the world to go to war because 2 religion's can not figure out how to solve a few problems over fairly insignificant things when compared to the whole.

I appreciate your attitude in this and I understand your concern about being dragged down by what might appear as the lunacy of others. A few here snipe at me because i have the audacity to speak about what I believe I see coming - they act as though I have the power somehow to bring it about simply by speaking about it. Trust me, I have no desire to see the pain and suffering it will bring, but I don't get a vote either - except in how I behave when it happens. And the last part of your post is most important to understanding all this I think. The dispute IS insignificant in the grand scheme. That is why a thinking person should understand that it is more than just a simple property dispute. I believe our Creator is using a simple thing to show us the ultimate ending of where unbridled hatred, jealousy and pride takes us as a species. We literally are going to have to come to the brink of the abyss before we finally understand and are able (the survivors) to change. JMO

You should stop believing everything you hear on TV, and that goes for those who liked your post. The rhetorical "threat" from Iran refers to the Zionist regime. It is analogous to my desire to rid our government of the neoconservative regime. It's analogous to what happened to the USSR in 1991. Did the map of the US change when we eliminated many neocon influences from our government? Did someone die? Stop believing the Zionist propaganda bud. We've got to figure out how to get a lot less defensive about foreign governments we're instructed by our handlers to agree with. What is so sacrosanct about the Israeli regime, pray tell? I'm not asking 'and then', I'm asking you, skookum.

You need to figure out who the airheads are too. What is up with this media-fed propaganda supposing that oil burning electrical generators are what Iran needs to have to keep its lights on? Nuclear energy powers electricity. Because Iran is an oil exporter has nothing to do with their need for, and right to have, nuclear power.

I can never figure this out either. It is like when people say, other countries have nuclear weapons, why can't Iran?

Maybe because the countries with nukes are not threatening to wipe another country of the map?

Like North Korea? Oh wait....

Where has Iran directly threatened to wipe out another country?

I have never seen evidence of this, only twisting of words.

The last War Iran was involved in was with Iraq and it was Iraq who attacked Iran. (they where pushed to do it by the US)

It's funny how everyone says Iran is dangerous but they haven't attacked anyone in 214 years!

Now look at Britain, US and Israels track record of attacking other countries and their involvement in wars.... LOL

Edited by Coffey
  • Like 1

I do strongly believe that Iran WILL nuke Israel as soon as it has enough capability.

Why do you strongly believe this? How do you know? From the TV?

Why do you strongly believe this? How do you know? From the TV?

Apparently the next Monkey they send into space will have a 1 megaton warhead and a catapult.

Edited by shaddow134
  • Like 1