Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

President Obama’s popularity surges

questionmark

That would not be too bad, if there were actually 3 parties in Congress and the majority would have to be sought on a case to case basis. But if that 3d party just makes one of the existing obsolete (as happened all through US history) it will not make much difference.

I agree with you totally on that thought.

You do realize lots and lots of Americans don't vote in these polls, don't even pay attention to the elections anymore.

1. polls are not votes. They are based on statistics. When you finish school maybe you'll understand.

2. If you don't pay attention or even participate in election then you have no right to complain. period.

In view that the Republicans put up the "best of every family" to run for Prezz there was never any serious danger of him loosing the election. My question is whether they don't have anybody left with the capacity to win or simply chickened out in view of the bunch of problems Dubya left behind.

Ron Paul had a great chance but the R's ignored him. Same with the press. He could have easily been the R's nod versus Obama. The first debate RP would have destroyed him.

• Like 2

I wasn't satisfied with Romney or Obama in 12. But I did my patriotic duty and voted anyway but it was more like a flip of the coin.

In 08 I had hopes for McCain. With his service record and a POW in Nam where he wouldn't leave his fellow POW's when he had the opportunity

made me think of an unselfish man and possibly be unselfish about doing right for his country. But now that's history.

• Like 2

possibly it's just that people are relieved no to have Romeny, although if that was the case I'm not sure why more didn't vote for him in the first place. Otherwise, I've no idea why this might be.

Or it's just a poll. There will be many more. Some going up. Some going down.

Obama is wildly popular in most of Asia -- much more than in the States.

By all means, take him.

(seeing as by now, my comments here will have got me on a no-fly list anyway)

You and I both know how the true believers and the puppets in the press will react to any hint of a scandal "it's Republican muckracking", "it's a lie, spread by racists", "Obama got a Nobel Peace Prize, obviously he's not guilty", "ohh look, something shiny!" and ads full of Democrat mouthpieces from Hollywood.

I agree. He's untouchable.

• Like 1

The inaugural spectacle is still fresh in people's minds, hence the surge. It'll be back to business as usual in a couple of months.

Edited by WoIverine
  • Like 1

I wanted ron paul he was the only one with even a decent sounding plan in my opinion,but popularity,money,and the media won out over the best interest of the american people once again.If only people would stop voting based on party loyalty and what is in it for themselves only,and instead vote for the collective good we might have a bright future!I think after how this election divided the people that idea is gone for good though.

• Like 4

I wanted ron paul he was the only one with even a decent sounding plan in my opinion,but popularity,money,and the media won out over the best interest of the american people once again.If only people would stop voting based on party loyalty and what is in it for themselves only,and instead vote for the collective good we might have a bright future!I think after how this election divided the people that idea is gone for good though.

Am,en.... and I ain't even jewish

• Like 1

Am,en.... and I ain't even jewish

Hahahaha agreed and neither am i lol

I'd like to make several points.

First if the Americans aren't voting shame on them they don't deserve to have a say, especially when they finally had absentee ballots for people who had to work in some states that may have not been able to in prior elections.

if people felt that "none of the above", or writing in a candidate of their choice, would have any effect, they might be more willing to do that, but if they feel that the only choice is the same two tired old choices who are all but indistinguishable really at the end of the day, is it really fair to say "they don't deserve to have a say"? if people do have a say,it makes no difference, really.

• Like 2

if people felt that "none of the above", or writing in a candidate of their choice, would have any effect, they might be more willing to do that, but if they feel that the only choice is the same two tired old choices who are all but indistinguishable really at the end of the day, is it really fair to say "they don't deserve to have a say"? if people do have a say,it makes no difference, really.

Seems you know as well as i,a write in has no chance no matter what the circumstance.To much money flows behind closed doors!Money makes the world go round and we are almost completely out.What comes next?

• Like 2

Ron Paul had a great chance but the R's ignored him. Same with the press. He could have easily been the R's nod versus Obama. The first debate RP would have destroyed him.

I tend to doubt that, Ron Paul had many things in his policies that were attack able. He might have been a honest man but many of his policies were half cooked and even less thought through as I have pointed out many times in the past.

• Like 2

Maybe because he's not a moron.

Your projecting your hate outwards here and believing it maps well to objective reality - big mistake.

Br Cornelius

Right, because if I disagree with your guy, I'm just full of hate and rage. Maybe I'm a racist too.

Frankly, I was one of the ones asking how Bush got reelected.

• Like 2

And the Obama machine would have painted him to be a complete and total racist nut. He would have lost in a real landslide.

• Like 1

The inaugural spectacle is still fresh in people's minds, hence the surge. It'll be back to business as usual in a couple of months.

Well if we get first quarter economic numbers like we just saw yesterday with the fourth quarter, it won't be pretty.

Well if we get first quarter economic numbers like we just saw yesterday with the fourth quarter, it won't be pretty.

Well, given that most of the loss is due to a reduction in military spending everybody should be happy.... less spending, less debt.

Maybe because he's not a moron.

Your projecting your hate outwards here and believing it maps well to objective reality - big mistake.

Br Cornelius

What is the "objective reality"? looking at it totally objectively, the best that could be said is that he's just the same as any other Politician, perhaps more competent than some candidates there might have been for president, perhaps less than some might have been, but we'll never know that, will we. As far as his Economic policy seems to go, I think the most generous thing one can say is "what policy?", seeing that it just seems to be carrying on exactly as before, only borrowing a bit more. I don't think questioning whether he is in fact the Messiah need necessarily mean that one hates him.

• Like 1

Well, given that most of the loss is due to a reduction in military spending everybody should be happy.... less spending, less debt.

Well that's the spin at least. Although Harry Reid seems to think it was because the Republicans snuck in during the middle of the night and cut spending while Obama was skeet shooting at Camp David and the Dem congress was all down banging whores in Guatemala.

• Like 1

That would not be too bad, if there were actually 3 parties in Congress and the majority would have to be sought on a case to case basis. But if that 3d party just makes one of the existing obsolete (as happened all through US history) it will not make much difference.

Things are never going to be right until we put a stop to the reality TV/Boxing match politics we have going on right now. I do not know if a strong third party would help, but we need to try something.

I wasn't satisfied with Romney or Obama in 12. But I did my patriotic duty and voted anyway but it was more like a flip of the coin.

In 08 I had hopes for McCain. With his service record and a POW in Nam where he wouldn't leave his fellow POW's when he had the opportunity

made me think of an unselfish man and possibly be unselfish about doing right for his country. But now that's history.

That is a really rational way of looking at it. I really liked McCain until the whole Sarah Palin thing -- case in point about reality TV politics.

That is a really rational way of looking at it. I really liked McCain until the whole Sarah Palin thing -- case in point about reality TV politics.

Exactly. I think he really shot himself in the foot there. A lot of people, I suspect, had nothing against him, but took a look at who might be his VP and thought " :unsure2:".

Exactly. I think he really shot himself in the foot there. A lot of people, I suspect, had nothing against him, but took a look at who might be his VP and thought " :unsure2:".

While true, what is ironic is that he chose Palin to kick start his lackluster campaign.

Edited by questionmark

While true, what is ironic is that he chose Palin to kick start his lackluster campaign.

Conventional wisdom is that she was chosen for, not by, him.

Folks seem to forget that there was a very positive reaction to her initially. It wasn't until she started talking that things turned sour. If she had been a woman of substance and not talking points, there's a good chance they would have won.

This is a silly thread.

Why don't you do one where Fox News polls people in Texas.

Let me know what THOSE results show.

Washington Post and ABC news are as biased as they get.

ABC the All Barack Channel.