Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
Ashotep

Man Takes 5 yr Old hostage

54 posts in this topic

The guy seemed obviously mentally ill. I hope he rests in peace - he could have killed the child and didn't so he must have been a bit more humane than his neighbors gave him credit for.....

1 person likes this

They distracted him with a flash bomb and dropped in and shot him.

I wonder if they felt it was too dangerous to try to take him alive because of the presence of the child, or maybe he pointed the gun at them...maybe we'll never know. I just wonder because they did capture Holmes alive. I realize this was a different situation and may not have been possible, tbh, I'm not too sorry he died...after all, he did shoot the bus driver. I realize he had mental problems, probably was mentally ill, but I think that's no justification for shooting someone...I mean for him to shoot the bus driver. No justification for shooting a mentally ill person either unless it's in self defense or no other way to protect (as in this case) an innocent.

...unless it's in self defense or no other way to protect (as in this case) an innocent.

Probably both, but like you said we may never know.

I do know that if a gunman points a gun at law enforcement, they are generally trained to shoot the suspect before being shot at themselves.

Even LE body armor does not protect the entire body.(though I do realize it was an FBI hostage rescue team with likely much more protection than standard LE)

Also, perhaps more importantly, like you suggest, they were concerned first and foremost with the safety of the child, which may have required the use of deadly force against the armed suspect as quickly as possible to avoid something bad happening to the child in such an enclosed space.

Just my opinion... no facts.

Edited by pallidin
2 people like this

DEVELOPING: A law enforcement source says initial reports indicate that a five-year-old boy who was being held hostage in an underground bunker in Alabama for nearly a week has been released. Kidnapper dead.

http://www.foxnews.c.../#ixzz2JyNqMKvD

So glad to hear this.. I am glad the little boy is now safe...Good news in the end, I had dreaded hearing about the boy being killed..

1 person likes this