Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Waking up to a whistling noise

NocturnalWatcher

Just wondering if anyone has ever awoken to a whistling noise before. I just woke up out of nowhere to a whistling noise, not a human noise more like an instrument or something. I don't remember dreaming about anything before it happened. It woke me up right out of sleep and I looked at my alarm clock it was 20mins before it was supposed to go off. The noise only lasted like 2 seconds and when I heard it I had the urge to wake up out of my sleep.

Just seemed a little bit strange I don't think I've ever had a sudden noise wake me up like that before it was something like a cross between a flute and a whistle.

Maybe you were dreaming the noise. I have dreamed it was raining and I could hear it hitting the roof right before I woke up when it wasn't.

Maybe you left the kettle on the hob! (Just a thought)

s4904.gif

Just think of it -- forever and ever and ever no one will ever know whether the noise was real or a dream, and if it was real, what it might have been.

I wanna say you were beggining to astral project-once with me I began vibrating and hearing a loud whistle sound like a train.

BUT here lately right before Im bout to close my eyes, Im always disturbed by some noise....i wake up asking my friend if they heard anything and I always get a 'no' or "you're just dreaming"...i dont believe ive ever dreamed sounds tho....that i can recall

Its a common sign that You were beginning to astral project/reached the Vibration Stage of AP.

Edited by stevemagegod

I've woken up this morning and a few days ago thinking someone was calling my name faintly, as though outside my door - but I was asleep and woke up, asking who was there, in a loud voice, to no response. I've done this before, as many people have in their lives. It's just one of those things that happen. I can't say with certainty, but I suspect noises, such as whistling, and other such things can also occur, which are likely just natural aberrations of the mind.

Interesting about the astral projection. I've been pretty vocal that I do not believe astral projection is real.

At this point the best theory to me is that I dream the sound

• 4 years later...
On 2/1/2013 at 3:32 AM, NocturnalWatcher said:

Just wondering if anyone has ever awoken to a whistling noise before. I just woke up out of nowhere to a whistling noise, not a human noise more like an instrument or something. I don't remember dreaming about anything before it happened. It woke me up right out of sleep and I looked at my alarm clock it was 20mins before it was supposed to go off. The noise only lasted like 2 seconds and when I heard it I had the urge to wake up out of my sleep.

Just seemed a little bit strange I don't think I've ever had a sudden noise wake me up like that before it was something like a cross between a flute and a whistle.

The Same ****  Just Happen To Me But I'm Not Okay With it

• 7 months later...

It was late April 2016; during raining season. Probably one of the slowest days i worked on. I was dreaming of something that might happen to me in a distant future. When all of sudden i hear a vocie. It was calling me and telling me to wake up. I eventually ignore it. I heard a giggle and said “ you have to wale up now” then a drop falls onto my forehead. Immediately i wake up and i see my roof, i turn my head looking at the clock its 20 minutes before i had to go to work. Go up an thought i left my window open but it was completly shut and i checked the roof if it was leaking but it was dry. The following day it happen again until late march when the rain was clearing my last dream told me. “ i wish i could spent more time but behave. I have to go” i got a kiss in my forehead i woke up it was a day off i went outside my house and a strong wind blows since then i havent heard a voice.

Until today Febuary 15, 2018. It was an old dream about my school and a girl whom i love and still do. I remember i stash her info somewere in my desk. Anyways it was old school dust every were. And my desk was still there for so long untouch. I walk through the halls and see images of past memories. I search for something but i dont know what. Then i hear her voice. “Why are you hear?” I then reply “ i not sure myself but something impulse me to be here” she then said “ hmm i dont remember summoning you here. And clearly you didnt cone see me” i then added. “This is an old school i used to attend not long ago”. Then that same voice said. “Funny i used to attend it too” i ask for her name but i got no anwser. Later when i was heading towards the lockers she said “dont go there. There’s someth there’s something onibious lurking there.”  I told her i am being call. Shen then grabs me and with saden eyes reply. Im sorry but i am going to force you out of this. She suddenly kissed me and i woke up sad. Now im here writting this. If anyone can relate.

• Like 3

Maelfeme

Welcome aboard. You might have done better starting a new thread, but here we are.

That dream character seems a little bit overprotective?

In a way i would say a guardian was there preventing me from falling.

If we have to fall (and yeah, we pretty much do have to fall sometimes), then dreams are definitiely the palce to do it.

• 1 year later...

I woke to the same experience this morning, found myself instantly awake and alert.  Your description of it sounding like a flute-like whistle is exactly what I heard.  It was 5 notes over about 2 seconds.  I immediately recorded myself whistling those 5 notes with my phone so I wouldn't forget them.  Today my mom texted me to let me know my uncle was close to death???