Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Can Ghosts come through the computer?

LostSouls7

I do when some people insist on derailing threads with their butthurtness...yes.

Sorry replied to the wrong thread. But yeah, you do get butthurt a lot I agree.

• Like 1

No recorded evidence of a big bang but I guess since science told you it happened... :whistle:

We've recorded red shifted galaxies and microwave radiation coming from space. But I guess if you don't understand how science works... :whistle:

• Like 1

No recorded evidence of a big bang but I guess since science told you it happened... :whistle:

I do when some people insist on derailing threads with their butthurtness...yes.

Indeed.

• Like 1

We've recorded red shifted galaxies and microwave radiation coming from space. But I guess if you don't understand how science works... :whistle:

I guess his point was that we weren't there and didn't see it happened so it's hard to be 100% sure.

It makes me thinks of black holes, Scientists are convinced of their existence from the impact they have on the surrrounding matters but they never saw one. It seems a lot like ghosts, we've got all kind of occurances happening and their presence are felt on the surrounding people but Ghost Hunters are unable to catch a full apparation from all angle on camera.

Edited by sam_comm

http://www.unexplain...15#entry4794400

so not innocent little miss innocent! :)

If you want to cry over it or accuse me of calling you "crazy", be my guest, dear.

First incident of rudeness by you in that thread you have quoted there. And condescending by calling me dear, dear.

And the little miss innocent doesn't help. You're the first to leap to defensiveness. Read the thread again and what I said to you. I never once said you called me crazy. I said it was offensive and you pretend not to know what I'm talking about, Spike.

How ever you wanna be.

Edited by coldethyl
  • Like 1

Is the universe was formed from a magical big bang in space.

Then I believe it's possible for ghosts to come through a website.

Only one way to find out. actually visit a "haunted website".

But it would probably just give the PC a virus.. as strange websites usually do.

Is the universe was formed from a magical big bang in space.

Then I believe it's possible for ghosts to come through a website.

Only one way to find out. actually visit a "haunted website".

But it would probably just give the PC a virus.. as strange websites usually do.

I wouldn't call the big bang 'magical'. That's contradictory.

• Like 1

I would say existence is a computer calculating what it's gonna be.

I guess his point was that we weren't there and didn't see it happened so it's hard to be 100% sure.

It makes me thinks of black holes, Scientists are convinced of their existence from the impact they have on the surrrounding matters but they never saw one. It seems a lot like ghosts, we've got all kind of occurances happening and their presence are felt on the surrounding people but Ghost Hunters are unable to catch a full apparation from all angle on camera.

By that logic, unless someone actually saw and/or recorded a murder happening, we shouldn't convict anyone of murder because we're not "100% sure".

Of course not. You don't need to record something happening to have a very high confidence via other evidence that it happened.

• Like 1

That depend who you ask. For some it has already been proven from the various experiences they lived and investigations they made. If you mean ''scientifically proven'' then no it hasn't and all the skeptics are not convinced. But let us remember what ''Paranormal'' means.

Paranormal is a term used to describe a whole range of phenomenon which the causes and mechanisms are apparently unexplainable by established scientific laws. The prefix ''Para'' means something out of the norm, the norm being here the scientific consensus of an era. A phenomena is qualified ''Paranormal'' when it seems to be unexplainable by known natural laws, letting then wide open the field for all kind of researches, interpretations, suppositions ect.

It is then not to be wondered why some consensus have been established in the ''Paranormal world'', between Ghost Hunters and believers from all kind of investigations and Paranormal studies made on the subject of ghost. Accounts of Paranormal activity are also important and allows patterns to be established and links to be made.

Yes I know exactly what is means.

The issue is, something as popularized by millions of people gobally should be verified easily.

Other things once considered paranormal - bioluminescence etc. - are easily documented, verified, proven - and bioluminescent creatures were not witnessed by the masses worldwide.

See where I'm coming from?

599825_397575506975194_1535819017_n.jpg

hmmmm ... its Hitler's ghost ... in a way ... para normally speaking ...

~

• Like 1

The issue is, something as popularized by millions of people gobally should be verified easily.

Other things once considered paranormal - bioluminescence etc. - are easily documented, verified, proven - and bioluminescent creatures were not witnessed by the masses worldwide.

See where I'm coming from?

I see where you're coming from. I would say that a subject as popularized by millions doesn't necesserely make it any easier to verified. For one it can be easily blown out of proportion and not all claims are legitimate paranormal activities. I agree that our understanding of science, helps us understand various phenomenon that were until now unexplained. For instance, today we know that various cases of possessions or ghost huntings can be attributed to psychiatric mental health issues and can be treated.

I just discovered recently The International Institude Of Metapsychic in France and I am very impressed by what they do. it has been founded in 1919 by Professor Charles Richet who has published various text on his studies and results. He has made discoveries notably on ectoplasm phenomenon (being a term coined by him) and studied the best mediums of his era. I am very impressed by what I read in a book he co-writted on the subject of Parapsychology.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Richet

If you can read French or translate the webpage:

http://www.metapsych...jourd-hui-.html

Edited by sam_comm

So has anyone had any recorded or written experience of a ghost coming out of the computer?

And if so.. when did this happen?

I need to watch Pulse again.. I just love the mood set in that film.

I suppose if one is of the belief that ghosts can haunt objects, then yes, a computer could potentially be haunted. However, haunted website? No. There wouldn't be anything tangible to haunt.

A less tec example as provided by my very tec hubby... A book could be haunted, but the story itself wouldn't be. Otherwise every time a copy of the story was made, new haunt would spawn with it, or the haunt would split into multiples to haunt every copy of the book.

• Like 2

It makes sense a book or particular object can be haunted...

but not a website... makes sense....

well now off to view some spooky sites...

:yes: Most favorite topic of mine, anywhhere. Been involved in it for years, just me, a flashlight, a recorder, a cheap camera, a pocket knife, box of bandages, and some water. Now just where are the lights and camera crew, and make-up folks when you ned them? I do not go into homes that are inhabited, never have, I perfer abandoned country buildings, old farm houses, places that "word of mouth" has said there was something "odd goin' on". Have had my share of "strange experiences", mainly on battlefields in America and Europe. Am loookinf forward to the 150 anniversary at Gettysburg, PA. All the tourists will probably scare the heck out of anything "supernatural", God I hope not, have had a room reserved up there since my visit last July 4th., as I do go there, have been going for about 20 yrs., along with stops at Fredricksburg, VA.and Antietam,MD. We have got 2 "haunted" Civil War sites here in North Carolina, Ft. Fisher and Bentonville. Not as excciting as some but seeing "things" one might have trouble explaining using "science", then again, maybe not. :yes: BTW, ghost can come through a computer, a telephone, a closed door, well, just about anything they are so inclined to do so, based on first hand observations, anyway.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

LostSouls I know you replied to my thread a few months ago (titled sickly face in the computer screen) It's not spot on "The Ring" like but I was watching a video and I personally believe it was an entity of some sorts. I just thought I'd bring it to this topic if anyone wants to read an encounter somewhat simmilar to what the OP is about, you can find it here on UM.

Have a great day!

If people don't "derail" threads, the thread dies once everyone has had their say.  I suppose maybe it should, but I prefer keeping it alive sometimes, and maybe seeing side-issues and related things explored.  At any rate this is a public forum and so it is up to the monitors and I think the rest of us should keep our mouths shut when it comes to whether not something is rude.

The side-issue I have in mind here is whether the Holy Spirit can be broadcast.  I remember a faith healer in the States telling his audience to put their hands on the TV set and pray with him.  Of course, my being skeptical, my eyebrows went up, but I put my hand there anyway, and, as you would expect, felt nothing.  This can be explained by the fact that I didn't believe (my reaction to that of course is, "convenient.")

Can the Holy Spirit be thought of as a ghost anyway.  Sometimes he (it?) is referred to as the "Holy Ghost" but that seems to have gone out of style, and obviously he is something different from any ordinary ghost.

16 hours ago, threepwood said:

LostSouls I know you replied to my thread a few months ago (titled sickly face in the computer screen) It's not spot on "The Ring" like but I was watching a video and I personally believe it was an entity of some sorts. I just thought I'd bring it to this topic if anyone wants to read an encounter somewhat simmilar to what the OP is about, you can find it here on UM.

Have a great day!

I see all sorts of things even less believable on the internet.  A "lost soul" is a ghost.  Are they happy?  Is their state anything we can to do ameliorate?

Hah yeah :/ I don't know how but I thought this was an active thread and after I made the post I saw it was from 2013. Kind of embarrassing so I'm sorry for that

Here's an article about the strange but true case of Ken Webster's computer which, in 1984 (before Tim Berners-Lee invented the World Wide Web), received bizarre messages from someone from the time of Henry VIII and Queen Catherine Parr and someone from 2109: https://mercuriuspoliticus.wordpress.com/2010/11/01/ghost-in-the-machine/

Was it ghosts or a time travel experiment conducted from 2109 or something else?

Edited by Black Monk
  • Like 2

It reminds me of a fun thing I used to do with my nephews. I would put mp3s on their mother's computer that were messages from the man in the moon. I would tell them what good lads they were and how I kept an eye on them from the Moon.

This story sounds like someone took the idea of messages left on a computer and changed it into a ghost story.

Although there was no internet at the time there were dial in bulletin boards. You can read about their advent here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulletin_board_system

• Like 1

Pulse was good. I hope you were also able to see the original Kairo. To answer your question, I think we would need to know a great deal more about the potential physical properties of this type of "energy" (spirits) before answering that.

For the moment, I'm going to say that I don't think it's possible.

• Like 2

On 1/25/2017 at 9:00 AM, Black Monk said:

strange but true

*snip*

If theres a preferred way, please let everyone know. 

Edited by rashore
breaking rule 3f, 5a, 5c