Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 3
F3SS

Obamacare average $20K per family!

232 posts in this topic

Now what are they going to do to figure out how companies that hire all 29 hour employees are going to be screwed? I'd guess that they'd take an average of past hours when business ran normal and according to how the business saw fit, lets say 33 hours. There will be an equation figure out how many employees there are at 29 and how many there should be at 33 and that'll tell you how many extra employees were hired. If that comes out to be seven extra employees the fine will be $3000x7x#of total employees= Screwed=job losses=bankrupt companies=higher prices for consumers= all kinds of other negative variables and ultimately equals screwed by those who work for us.

One thing that I am hearing more and more of in my area that is happening, is that in grocery stores and other minimum wage or close to minimum wage jobs- they are cutting back employee hours and hiring more employees. By keeping employees under 29 hours per week, they avoid the Obamacare requirements. This is having the consequence of many more people working several part time jobs, and not getting any benefits for any of their jobs. And they will never be eligible for employer provided healthcare, or the expanded unemployment that they would otherwise be eligible for if they lost their job and it was full time.

And you're missing the incredibly efficient public backlash at these businesses, causing them to lose money and backtrack a few moments later.

Edited by ninjadude

And you're missing the incredibly efficient public backlash at these businesses, causing them to lose money and backtrack a few moments later.

Hasn't happened yet, backlash is much more likely to be focused on the government as they will be blamed for why businesses are doing this. And furthermore some of these businesses will simply close the doors and go bankrupt if they are forced to pay huge fines or lose lots of business from public backlash. Which I guess would solve the problem of those businesses trying to skirt the laws. Trouble is the number of businesses that could go under might be staggering. Only time will tell. The impact on the economy could be drastic. It is never just as simple as forcing a business to pay more and more. Businesses exist to make money, if they cannot be profitable enough because of crushing regulation, the owners will simply close up shop and people will lose jobs.

However to be fair, Obamacare has not yet fully implemented, and companies are positioning themselves so that when it is fully implemented if the costs to do business skyrocket, they will not be hit so hard. Only time will tell how things shape up in the next few years. A lot of it has to do with the uncertainty surrounding Obamacare and what it fully means for businesses. So they are just preparing for the worst. I do not blame them.

All I am saying is that we do not know all the unintended consequences that Obamacare will have. Government regulation ALWAYS has unintended consequences, and Obamacare surely will have a slew of them. Some might be positive, some might be horrible, and some might be neutral. Only time will tell.

Nevertheless the current administration is doing things that are worrying people, more people are preparing for civil unrest than ever before. Things are happening that you may not be aware of. You, me, nor anyone else fully understands all the implications and ripple effects that Obamacare will have.

Edited by Einsteinium
1 person likes this

An unintended consequence that has recently surfaced is the cost of veterinary service for pets may and likely will go up. There are certain medical devices such as I-V bags and many other things that are manufactured as duel use for humans and animals that of course have an extra tax levied on them. Things designed solely for animals will not be subjected to the tax.

Ninja, if you think that public backlash from the outs of the liberal 20% or the entire 99% of regular folks is going to prevent a business from going belly up you are so wrong. It's so funny that you the you can bully businesses into operating under financial distress. What will you do when you are outside picketing or screaming or whatever your plan is and demanding fairness in ways that you truly don't understand because you don't run a business and the owner says you know what screw this shuts his doors for good and gives you 50 more unemployed people that you're going to have to work harder for so they can collect a gov check of some kind?

I run a business. It isn't big enough to matter in this discussion but if 'the public' demands I run my business out of prosperity well I'd sooner close shop than deal with all things involved running a business just to be broke. Business don't run well on deficits.

2 people like this

Hasn't happened yet,

did you miss the CEO of papa johns saying how he was going to cut jobs because of Obamacare and then a very short time later recanted? there are lots of other more local businesses claiming the same and getting their rear-end handed to them a few days later.

When it comes down to it ninja, money talks and makes the world go round. No amount of complaining will change that. Papa John can easily raise his prices or cut jobs without a public announcement and likely will.

Edited by -Mr_Fess-

did you miss the CEO of papa johns saying how he was going to cut jobs because of Obamacare and then a very short time later recanted? there are lots of other more local businesses claiming the same and getting their rear-end handed to them a few days later.

That is but one example. And remember- Papa Johns is a big franchise. The hardest hit will be the small businesses. The kind that will be unlikely to be featured on major news outlets.

1 person likes this