Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
Simbi Laveau

Man carries skull home in carry on bag

9 posts in this topic

http://www.bangkokpost.com/learning/learning-from-news/333834/tourist-skull-in-carry-on-bag

A British tourist fell seven meters off a balcony ,and sustained a severe head injury in Thailand .

Thai surgeons removed part of his skull,about 1/4th of it,to relieve brain pressure .

He flew home with the skull in a bag, so surgeons in the UK can make a titanium mold of it ,to replace it in his head .

It's unknown if he fell,or was pushed from the balcony .

Edited by Simbi Laveau

http://www.bangkokpo...in-carry-on-bag

A British tourist fell seven meters off a balcony ,and sustained a severe head injury in Thailand .

Thai surgeons removed part of his skull,about 1/4th of it,to relieve brain pressure .

He flew home with the skull in a bag, so surgeons in the UK can make a titanium mold of it ,to replace it in his head .

It's unknown if he fell,or was pushed from the balcony .

I hope he wasnt stopped by Customs and accused of importing human body parts,which is totally banned,except in the case of a body being brought home for burial under a special licence to do so.

I hope he wasnt stopped by Customs and accused of importing human body parts,which is totally banned,except in the case of a body being brought home for burial under a special licence to do so.

The article says he was accompanied by a doctor,given his condition ,so I don't think so .

They probably had documents etc.

If your transporting ypour own body parts would that be an exception ?

"Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio; a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy; he hath borne me on his back a thousand times; and now, how abhorred in my imagination it is! My gorge rises at it. Here hung those lips that I have kissed I know not how oft. Where be your gibes now? Your gambols? Your songs? Your flashes of merriment, that were wont to set the table on a roar?"

"Yes sir, very eloquent sir. Pack this skull yourself sir?"

2 people like this

"Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio; a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy; he hath borne me on his back a thousand times; and now, how abhorred in my imagination it is! My gorge rises at it. Here hung those lips that I have kissed I know not how oft. Where be your gibes now? Your gambols? Your songs? Your flashes of merriment, that were wont to set the table on a roar?"

"Yes sir, very eloquent sir. Pack this skull yourself sir?"

Once more into the breach dear friends,once more. We shall build the walls with our English dead.(no transport home for them guys)

@ W.Shakey-Spear.

2 people like this

It's unknown if he fell,or was pushed from the balcony.

If pushed, am not surprised he lost the head.

1 person likes this

If your transporting ypour own body parts would that be an exception ?

I have no idea. I assume if its for a medical issue,and your head looks like his does ..

(if no one clicked on the link,his head is quite hair raising) ,I would think they would allow it .

1 person likes this