Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obama Skeet-Shooting Photograph

questionmark

The White House released a photograph today of President Barack Obama skeet shooting at Camp David last August after some Republicans expressed doubts that the Democratic president had engaged in the activity.

Obama, who is seeking a ban on assault weapons and other measures to reduce gun violence, told the New Republic in its Feb. 11 issue that he shoots skeet “all the time” at Camp David and respects the nation’s hunting tradition. He was responding to a question about whether he had ever fired a gun.

Read more

This is funny to me! :tsu:

Now they are going to have to start putting ol' Barry on the firing range!

I saw this coming. He was getting hammered for his skeet shooting comment.

• Like 1

8436110735_5ec05750a2_b.preview.jpg

I own two shotguns, I have shot them and I continue to use them. There is something wrong about this gun... mainly the smoke coming out the side. I can understand if it is coming out the chamber, but the side of the barrel that suppose to be solid? I smell a photo op.

Edited by Uncle Sam
  • Like 1

[/size]

I own two shotguns, I have shot them and I continue to use them. There is something wrong about this gun... mainly the smoke coming out the side. I can understand if it is coming out the chamber, but the side of the barrel that suppose to be solid? I smell a photo op.

could be, I smell he missed with the first shot, and the tried the second, the barrel position indicates that.

In this video you can see what I mean

Now, if it was a photo OP it was months ago and little to do with the controversy. What I find cheap though is that this only surfaces after some criticism... probably was afraid that the anti-gun-lobby would not vote for him.

Edited by questionmark

So he shoots a shotgun?

What is the point here?

So he shoots a shotgun?

What is the point here?

hit a flying target.

ED: and as to why, some REpubs have been accusing Obama of never having shot a gun in his life.

Edited by questionmark
  • Like 2

and as to why, some REpubs have been accusing Obama of never having shot a gun in his life.

Umm this came from a comment Obama himself made about enjoying skeet shooting at Camp David. That was his attempt to relate to the 2nd Amenders. The humor came after his comment.

[/size]

ported barrel. very common for skeet trap shooters

Edited by aztek
  • Like 3

Exactly right Uncle Sam. I haven't fired a shotgun in years, but that almost looks like a black powder type charge, and the asymetric smoke discharge doesn't make sense. :unsure2:

Are you people for real? What are you saying? That it's photoshopped?

• Like 1

If people are saying its real, why insinuate that there's something "off" with the photo?

I think there referring to his shooting posture not the photo :yes:

• Like 1

If people are saying its real, why insinuate that there's something "off" with the photo?

And if it's not a real photo? It wouldn't be the first time the government tried to cover or smokescreen us, right? If you trust in the government that much, you're in for some really disappointing times...

One thing that gets me about this picture is where he's aiming. I've always seen people aim upward and unless he took lessons from Dick Cheney, it looks dangerous the way he's doing it. Take a look at the picture I've found and the one of the President...

post-57450-0-82321100-1359991983_thumb.j

Edited by Mantis914

And if it's not a real photo? It wouldn't be the first time the government tried to cover or smokescreen us, right? If you trust in the government that much, you're in for some really disappointing times...

One thing that gets me about this picture is where he's aiming. I've always seen people aim upward and unless he took lessons from Dick Cheney, it looks dangerous the way he's doing it. Take a look at the picture I've found and the one of the President...

Not everybody can afford a handmade Benelli.

Edit: And if the Prezz was using one I could hear the howling about favoring Italian arms instead of Remingtons.

Edited by questionmark

When shooting zombies it's important not to shoot over their heads. :P

obamazombie_zps1cfd0d63.jpg

• Like 5

Are you saying its not a real photo? Because that's what it seems people are insinuating when they "question" the muzzle blast...

:) The article only says he was skeet shooting. Didn't say he was good at it.

:P

Nibs

• Like 5

So people howl about how Obama hates guns. Obama points out that he doesn't hate guns and goes skeet shooting. Then the same people howl about how no photo was put out to prove this claim. The Whitehouse rolls its eyes and puts out a photo. Now people are claiming the photo is fake?

You know I wonder if Obama came out in favour of oxygen if some of our members would immediately stop breathing.

• Like 2

So what, there's a photograph of Obama skeet shooting. What's to discuss? (other than the usual partisan-charged turd vs. douche banter)

Maybe the photo is real. So what? Maybe the photo is fake. So what?

I'll bet if there was a photo of Obama on vacation kissing another woman, it'd be the democrats who'd all clamor that it was fake while the republicans would insist otherwise. What's so sad about this exercise is how our view of reality is determined by straining things through a predetermined political filter first. .It's pretty obvious how threads like this can expose our inner partisan without needing anyone to admit it. Pure partisan turd nip.

• Like 3

Are you saying its not a real photo? Because that's what it seems people are insinuating when they "question" the muzzle blast...

I'm not insinuating anything... I'm saying flat out, it looks dangerous as to where he's aiming the gun, unless he is aiming at a zombie...

Maybe Nibs said it best. They didn't say he was good at it...

Hey at least the tags weren't still on his jacket like Kerry had when he ran for president ... lol