Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is proof of alien life a risk to society ?

Saru

But If E.T really is far,FAR ! in our advance on all aspects of evolution ,THen the real reason not to even bother us or contact us is pure Logic. Dont mess with something thats so messed up,IT will destroy its self in a few hundred years on its own ! justDONTEATUS :tu: Were a cause of cancer,

Would you try to contact a colony of ants?

I fear for us if we find intelligent life. We can not even live together as humans we fight amongst ourselves and other countries. We have problems with race, religion, wars. So imagine how people would feel about races from other planets. If the governments know about life on other planets its probably best they keep it quiet we are not ready for that yet.

And yet the FTB's would have you believe this chaos hides some global Government secret.

It will be the end of the world!

Not literally, it will be the end of the world as we know it. The key word is "energy". Oil is the engine of the world. The powers to be do not want to lose control of the "oil card". If and when oil is obsolete because of new and free energy the phenomenon represents, the power brokers will not be able to control us..."We The Sheeple"

LOL

What if the ever ominous "they" stop here looking for Rocket Fuel on a generational ship or the like?

If you really think about it ,ITs a lot better than worrying ! ITs Boom,Boom out go the Lights !

Boom Town Rats! :tu:

I don't like Mondays.

Energy. Really. I dont think so. Humans love to hate each other. Most of the time because of religion. Religion controls. That wouldnt stop with aliens. FYI. I believe in a higher power, but I dont believe in religion in general. Boo ya.

I would say it is more an inherent trait we have not learned to control yet. Before settlement, Australia's Indigenous fought fierce wars, same with the Maori.

Would you try to contact a colony of ants?

If they were capable of speech as we know it (such as the FOXP2 Gene) thought patterns, initiated an Industrial Revolution and had been to space, had machines then sure I would. Such would indicate a complex commutative process is a part of this creatures ife and is capable of advanced forms of communication.

But If E.T really is far,FAR ! in our advance on all aspects of evolution ,THen the real reason not to even bother us or contact us is pure Logic. Dont mess with something thats so messed up,IT will destroy its self in a few hundred years on its own ! justDONTEATUS :tu: Were a cause of cancer,

Exactly, there has to be others out there as screwed up as we are in a galaxy this big, there is never just one problem child, where are they? We coud go bowling or something.

If there was alien life capable of interstellar travel, I highly believe that the chances of them being hostile will be very slim. I believe for technology to be built that is capable of interstellar travel, unification of intelligent minds would definitely be needed. Therefore, that society would understand the benefits of working with eachother to reach a common goal, and the chances of them developing compassion would be highly likely (hence my theory on why we have not traveled to outer space as much as we should have by now because of all the wars that have occurred in human history). Why enslave and kill your neighbor for a cup of sugar when you can just ring the doorbell and ask?

Of course unless they are ruled by a very powerful dictator or a very strong religious belief that they are the supreme rulers of the universe, which would be highly unlikely since we here have seen how rebellions and wars break out under these influences. Or if they are Daleks.

Edited by Dien
  • Like 1

If they were capable of speech as we know it (such as the FOXP2 Gene) thought patterns, initiated an Industrial Revolution and had been to space, had machines then sure I would. Such would indicate a complex commutative process is a part of this creatures ife and is capable of advanced forms of communication.

We humans are on top of the food chain on this globe, yet we still cannot understand or decipher how insects or even whales communicate. Even as advanced as we are.

We humans are on top of the food chain on this globe, yet we still cannot understand or decipher how insects or even whales communicate. Even as advanced as we are.

Yes we can, who told you that? Whales use sonar to create differing sounds to indicate things like food and territories, and each individual insect is born with a distinctive "vocabulary" that is shared only with other members of its own species. Learning plays little or no role in the ability to produce these signals or to understand them.

That's not true, I recall a documentary about people examining whalesong for repeated patterns and a change in behaviour courtesy of those patterns and them having found correlation. It's the fact WE can't talk to them that's the problem not that we don't know what they're saying.

Yes we can, who told you that? Whales use sonar to create differing sounds to indicate things like food and territories, and each individual insect is born with a distinctive "vocabulary" that is shared only with other members of its own species. Learning plays little or no role in the ability to produce these signals or to understand them.

Not what I meant to say. Perhaps I should rephrase that. What I mean is that as advanced as we are, we cannot "directly communicate" with other species on our world. Yes, all kinds of living things communicate with one and another, even plants

We can't join "their" conversation.

That's not true, I recall a documentary about people examining whalesong for repeated patterns and a change in behaviour courtesy of those patterns and them having found correlation. It's the fact WE can't talk to them that's the problem not that we don't know what they're saying.

I just responded to what you just said. That's what I meant. I ain't much of a writer. :rolleyes:

You Guys worry too much ! We Got Iron Man,Flash Gordon, Super Man, Salt Water to spray onto them, You dont think there watching all our Documentaries ! :tu::gun:

• Like 1

Not what I meant to say. Perhaps I should rephrase that. What I mean is that as advanced as we are, we cannot "directly communicate" with other species on our world. Yes, all kinds of living things communicate with one and another, even plants

We can't join "their" conversation.

Indeed we can do that too, we can mimic cries and draw in animals for study or prey. There is no "language" to crack as such, it's mostly a series of instinctual responses (not instinct) to known sounds as far as I know. Language is the evolution of this process, an adaption if you will, or some believe it might be that language is a spandrel, a nonadaptive element arising as a byproduct of other processes, which works with evolution too.

This is why we have to observe so many animals in the wild, we cannot communicate, and they know man as a predator so natural behaviour is going to be affected.

I do not know if plants so much communicate as much as simply take advantage of the local environments. It has been noted that the roots of some plants like corn will emit a clicking sound when water is found, encouraging others to grow towards sustenance, but I am not sure that is actual language as such.

• Like 1

There is no "language" to crack as such

Not according to some researchers, they're suggesting that whales actually communicate complex ideas - bees certainly give complex directions to each other.

Not according to some researchers, they're suggesting that whales actually communicate complex ideas - bees certainly give complex directions to each other.

Isn't that more a social instinct? Hive mentality sort of thing? We do not have any Bees with street signs and such but electrical fields that tell other bees where to find the flowers, which benefits the colony. I do not think an electrical field is communication, but rather more an instinctual property?

LINK - Bees Buzz Each Other, but Not the Way You Think

• Like 1

Hehehe, man this is getting too much :w00t:

I think what I'm trying to say we humans have a hard time communicating with each other, let alone other species, here or out there. I surmise it could be a universal problem at any level on the evolutionary scale.

Wheww! That was hard to say too :w00t::huh:

Hehehe, man this is getting too much :w00t:

I think what I'm trying to say we humans have a hard time communicating with each other, let alone other species, here or out there. I surmise it could be a universal problem at any level on the evolutionary scale.

Wheww! That was hard to say too :w00t::huh:

And we are only traversing Oceans :tu:

Imagine how hard it will be to exchange ideas across space! It seems a bit hard to believe that Aliens land here and know all our languages, concepts, cultures and traditions. Or have no problems with Quarantine, and can cross species breed.

ANy race thats licked the vastness of Time & Space travel will no doubt have Licked the Human contact problem,maybe more than we know,ever wonder how many Humans we make every hour on this rock?

More than enough to feed a Fleet of Space travelers.

ANy race thats licked the vastness of Time & Space travel will no doubt have Licked the Human contact problem,maybe more than we know,ever wonder how many Humans we make every hour on this rock?

More than enough to feed a Fleet of Space travelers.

BBQ is a form of quarantine isn't it? :)

BBQ is a form of quarantine isn't it? :)

At Milliways ITs the Blue Plate special !