Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

If only my branches were falling stars

SpiritWriter

My love is as nothing

and so I chop it up

and put it in the ground.

I light flames

as if words were not enough,

that their flickerings

would talk and talk to heaven.

My hands should be severed

for I am a magician.

I make smooth

the surface of the mound.

A girthy stalk

of hearty leaves

punctures through the clouds.

• Like 5

My love is as nothing

and so I chop it up

I light flames

that their flickerings

for I am a magician.

I make smooth

A girthy stalk

of hearty leaves

This reminds me of small pieces of paper I used to write things on then burn them in ritual so my thoughts would be amplified, love spells and the like.

It also causes me to think about my prayers, how they at times can be very self-centered in the same manner, but please leave me my hands.

Very simple yet grande again. I like this series of poems you are sharing with us lately. Poems like this have so much going on with so little said so just reading can make our mind wander all over the place, wish I really knew what this one was about.

• Like 1

Nice. I like it. :yes:

I need to post my own poetry some time... I'm just always nervous of possible ridicule...

• Like 1

Nice. I like it. :yes:

I need to post my own poetry some time... I'm just always nervous of possible ridicule...

Don't be nervous friend... poetry is a great way to explore and share your heart.. Only post what you feel like sharing and dont listen to the naysayers.. We have to get use to ridicule anyway if we want to be ever able to voice our true opinions or speak up for anything/anyone...

This reminds me of small pieces of paper I used to write things on then burn them in ritual so my thoughts would be amplified, love spells and the like.

It also causes me to think about my prayers, how they at times can be very self-centered in the same manner, but please leave me my hands.

Very simple yet grande again. I like this series of poems you are sharing with us lately. Poems like this have so much going on with so little said so just reading can make our mind wander all over the place, wish I really knew what this one was about.

You already know what its about.. ;) you just said it... poetry is for the reader as much as the author, so what it spoke to you, that's what its about.. :)

Thanks for your responses I believe you... :)

My love is as nothing

and so I chop it up

I light flames

that their flickerings

for I am a magician.

I make smooth

A girthy stalk

of hearty leaves

Okay, now I'm scared!! Great writing SpiritWriter!

Edited by Mistydawn
  • Like 1

That's it! I quit writing poetry. Your poem just blew all my previous attempts at writing poetry clear out of the water.

Very nice SpiritWriter. :yes:

Edited by theSOURCE
  • Like 1

Don't be nervous friend... poetry is a great way to explore and share your heart.. Only post what you feel like sharing and dont listen to the naysayers.. We have to get use to ridicule anyway if we want to be ever able to voice our true opinions or speak up for anything/anyone...

What the hell, why not?... It's not like it matters anyway... Might as well just lay it all out...

• Like 1