Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Otter ate 200 prized fish worth £10,000

Still Waters

A 'devastated' couple were forced to remove a 6,000 gallon pond from their garden after 200 of their prized fish worth a total of £10,000 were eaten by an otter.

Linda and Alan Brown, both 60, said the huge pond in the garden of their home in Thetford, Norfolk, which contained about 150 goldfish and 50 other fish, was the talk of the local neighbourhood.

http://www.dailymail...l#axzz2JqvxHkx7

• Like 2

whats up with European Otters this is the second mass murderer in 2 weeks,

I bet my black Labrador could have eaten more :/ They are known not to be the fussy breed, but a greedy breed certainly.

Goldfish are expensive in Euro. We get them free at the fairs here in America.

• Like 1

The otter doesn't give a flying cod about the value..it was simply hungry.

Has the otter been captured yet ? This cant go unpunished. Certainly we have otterly propesterous law that covers this.

• Like 1

Nature +1 - Idiot who spent way to much on fish for a garden -1 Priceless................hahahaha

• Like 1

From today's Daily Express; the couple were quite happy to have Kingfishers and Heron at the pond - so what exactly were these feeding on then?

If they had any regard for wildlife they would have retained the pond with no (domesticated) contents.

Couple with more money than sense, stock their pond (luxury) with fish that an otter eats.

Well I a sorry, but booo hooo.

Money can be spent any which way you want, if it is for pleasure and nature comes along and does what it does naturally,

get - a - life. :no:

• Like 1

Koi and carp can be prized and irreplaceable .I would heartbroken too

Way to many fish in that pond anyway for it's size. Plus, why get rid of it? surely if you can spend 10k on fish, you can spend 50 quid on a piece of wire meshing to cover it at night or when you're away!