Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Would you do this?

Bonecrusher

I'm going to paint a scenario now...

Just suppose your an undercover police officer.

Your latest task is to infiltrate a gang of playboy bank robbers.

However this particular gang rob banks in England and flee to Malyasia to live the high life.

But they don't do drugs,people smuggling or anything really immoral.

Their only vices besides robbing the banks are booze and cigarettes.

So you hang about with then in Malsysia in preparation for the next job.

But in doing this job they require a rocket launcher so you go along with it.

However in the process of acquiring the rocket launcher you get a tip- off about some jihadists doing the same thing.

So would you give clemency to the bank robbers if they manage to stop the jihadists blowing a plane up?

Even after you assisted them in the robbery before.

This is actually the plot of a book I read recently.

Edited by Medium Brown

I think I'd engineer myself into a situation where I could in all honesty say "sorry boss, but I was too slow to stop the robbers from escaping, whoops".

I'd catch two birds with one stone. Both the original target and a bonus one to turn in to my superiors. Then I'd accept their promotion and become a peer.

• Like 1

**** it, I'd get them all caught after we've done the terrorists in but there's always one robber who becomes somewhat of a bro so I'd contact him (or them) when they get out and tell him: "I've stashed something in ____ for you."

Edited by Sean93

I'd catch two birds with one stone. Both the original target and a bonus one to turn in to my superiors. Then I'd accept their promotion and become a peer.

That means you don't think two wrongs make a right.

You'll have to consider the fact that he's an undercover officer.

So to improve his street cred on future jobs he"ll have to take something like this on the chin.

For all you know he might meet some associates of the robbers on his latest assignment.

I don't think his conscience and actions will be giving him any restless nights.

His immediate superior was actually thinking the same thing by letting him off.

But there's still the little fact that he's an accessory to an armed robbery.

Though I wonder if he'll need some pscyological tests for Stockholm Syndrome.

He just got too cozy with his targets but he already thought what they doing was a victimless crime.

I would have probably done the same thing if I was in his shoes.

Screw the kudos the promotion will give me.

Edited by Medium Brown

However in the process of acquiring the rocket launcher you get a tip- off about some jihadists doing the same thing.

So would you give clemency to the bank robbers if they manage to stop the jihadists blowing a plane up?

Even after you assisted them in the robbery before.

This is actually the plot of a book I read recently.

Of course I would. The two crimes are not even remotely on a comparable level. That book has a stupid plot.

It's basically Oceans 11,12 and 13 ,meets The Expendables/Iron Man . So I could hang out with George Clooney ,Robert Downey Jr and Jason Statham ....and make nice....

So,hell yeah ?

Hell YEAH

Edited by Simbi Laveau
  • Like 1

Of course I would. The two crimes are not even remotely on a comparable level. That book has a stupid plot.

Tbh this thread is all about how far your conscience will take you.

It seems that discretion is indeed the better part of valour judging from some of these responses.

The undercover cops thoughts were suggesting it was a victimless crime long before he took on the job.

He was told constantly by his superiors that the jihadists were not part of his remit and against protocol.

However it wasn't all plain sailing when he infiltrated the gang because there was a bit of disharmony.

It didn't help matters when he admitted to the gang he was an undercover officer.

My initial thought was him being coercied by the robbers to let them off scot free.

But I can't see that because he had the high ground with the rocket launcher.

His conscience was still pretty much intact because he didn't try to kill them.

However there's still a bit of a question mark of him not using his powers of arrest.

He imagined one good turn deserved an other which was ideal in his eyes.

Edited by Medium Brown

This needs a part where you need to ask help and not do things alone :) You can actually stop both if you ask for help, right?