Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
ali smack

dog headed people

33 posts in this topic

That is despite the fact that eyewitness testimony is notoriously unreliable.

Human memory can be extremely unreliable. I read about a survey done of September 11 eyewitness accounts. People who were interviewed just after the events described what they saw. A year later they were interviewed and on average something like 30% of the details of their stories had altered in the meantime. Five years after 9/11 they were interviewed, on average, over 50% of the details of their stories had changed from the original account they gave.

And that says nothing about how reliable the original account was. I've seen myself what happens when people are interviewed after a car accident and none of them can agree on even the basic nature of what happened.

The fact that eyewitness testimony is used to convict people is not an indicator of how reliable it is, it is in indication of a serious flaw in how evidence is weighed in court cases.

Read post 5 then respond to me.

My people called Mongols Dogheads. Yes. That was a nick name for Mongols when they invaded my land. It isnt surprising because Hunagrians and others called them that way. Its ugly nick nake due their small size and their fur hats. Ugly name isnt surprise since Mongols burn kill and rape. And we Croats were among few people who defeated them. Although it wasnt a "M" of Mongol army but still. Mongols couldnt won on mountain terrain. And btw dont take it as insult. Its just historical fact. In west Europe describe them as two heads, one leged monsters, cannibals and so on.

Also if anything is my field in history its Mongol empire. I studied Mongols foe atleast 10 years now. I adore Temujin and Mongols.

Hey, no problem. I was actually joking...yes my Dad's father's family are of Mongolian descent. And interestingly per your reply, what is now Croatia on my Dad's mother's side, but was Austria-Hungary when my Grandma came to America).

But I wasn't attacking you or your people's nickname for Mongols or defending what the Mongols did. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cynocephaly

Many historical figures have had dogheaded experiances. From Marco Polo to Saint Christopher (who himself supposedly had a dogs head).

Schedel%27sche_Weltchronik-Dog_head.jpg

1 person likes this

anubis_statueforum.jpg

Anubis is sooo awesome, as is anything Ancient Greek, imo. Then you get hermanubis who looks like ScoobyDoo in a dress. Somethings just don't need remakes/sequels.

has anyone heard reports of dog headed people in cities.

I've dated a few. Alcohol is responsible, I believe (hope).

here's some stuff i've found about supposed dog headed people sightings.

http://mattsalusbury.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/short-history-of-dog-headed-men.html

http://listverse.com/2009/04/24/top-10-bizarre-modern-paranormal-phenomena/ it's on no 4.

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread569325/pg1

this one is about a supposed sighting in a city.

1 person likes this

Hey, no problem. I was actually joking...yes my Dad's father's family are of Mongolian descent. And interestingly per your reply, what is now Croatia on my Dad's mother's side, but was Austria-Hungary when my Grandma came to America).

But I wasn't attacking you or your people's nickname for Mongols or defending what the Mongols did. :)

No problem QuiteContrary! Its all cool.

After all we might be relatives. I love Austria Hungary. It was real steam punk scene,