Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UM Band Room

_Only

I've been practicing drums almost every day, and I've been getting better. I seemed to have plateaued recently, but I'm not giving up!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Cheers Darlin' by Damien Rice

Wow, in the beginning you sound just like John Wozniak (Marcy Playground). The rest sounds kind of like slow Placebo. It's a really good sound.

This is my own stuff. All me except for the electric guitar solo on existential grilled cheese.

http://www.reverbnat.../horizenproject

This one's my favorite. Two of my best friends passed away within a week of each other and this was the result. Kind of a stoner metal vibe with a jazz jam in the middle. Cheezy roland guitar synth sax solo but I like the way the synth trumpet solo came out.

https://soundcloud.com/horizen-1/bill-and-steves-hyper-space-go

Edited by Mr. Miyagi
  • Like 2

The Stratocaster I was using was in some weird tuning after being in my guitar case.

I'll probably never be able to reproduce this tone ever again. I just had an idea and ran with it.

It was one of those in the moment things, as you other musicians know. You can hear me singing, but disregard it.

I was just making up lyrics as I went along. I started with the main riff and just improvised.

I broke my high E string right before I recorded this; in fact the entire tune is improvised.

If you listen to all of it you can tell I have a very, very strange approach to guitar. Too much Progressive-Rock.

The atmospheric tones and solos towards the end, for in the spur of moment, aren't bad.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 1

I'm being really brave here..

Video of you sitting alone with an acoustic guitar does take courage. I don't know how you guys do it. My drumming videos usually take around an hour of me doing take after take after.. I really like the song, and can imagine it playing in a slow motion disturbing killing sequence in House Of 1,000 Corpses or Devil's Rejects type movie. It would be awesome.

• Like 1

I'll be brave as well and throw myself out there!

Some delta-blues influenced stuff. I might have a bit of an accent in this one.

6+ years of playing the blues to get to the point where I am.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhdIm0-cJLA

Some indie-stuff. You might get a glimpse at my true vocal range in this.

*Hides*

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 1

I haven't recorded a demo in a while! Edited by Ginko

I haven't recorded a demo in a while!

If you don't mind, I might play some drums with this and post it up here. Something simple, but will give it an extra layer.

• Like 1

If you don't mind, I might play some drums with this and post it up here. Something simple, but will give it an extra layer.

Go for it, man.

• 1 month later...

Go for it, man.

Here, check it out with a little drums. I admit I had a hell of a lot of trouble finding a beat with where it goes into the last chorus, but I tried! Hopefully the 1st half of the song makes up for the 2nd: https://soundcloud.c...ng-needs-a-tree

I would lie and say I did this in 10 minutes, but it took me like an hour, because I'm a goober like that.

Edited by _Only

This is my solo album. I recorded all the instruments and vocals.

Hope you like it.

• Like 3

Hope you like it.

[/media]

It's a magical feeling to suddenly start hearing a familiar chord progression and realize it's a Misfits cover. Very unexpected ending!

[media=]

Edited by TheVeryFirstDinosaur
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hope you like it.

[media=]

[/media]

Far out, man.

I dig it.

Keep it up.

• 1 month later...

Thanks, I've come to recognize those drum fills and synthy sound, and it could be none other than one of Barnabas'.

Here's a video of me playing out some video game nostalgia from the early 90's:

Edited by _Only