Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Piers Morgan debates Ted Nugent on GunControl

acidhead

An AR-15 is the name for a particular class of Rifle, of which a Bushmaster .223 caliber model XM15-E2S is just one variant of.

I'm not interested in arguing semantics, thank you.

What don't you get...there was no AR-15. I expect the media to get their facts straight, especially after this long.

That is from your link.

And an assault rifle, at least according to its inventors, is an automatic loading gas operated rifle (See Gewehr 44, also known as Sturmgewehr or Assault Rifle). The Bushmaster sure fits that description. Calling a donkey horse does not change its nature.

Edited by questionmark

I expect the media to get their facts straight, especially after this long.

Media (of any sort, whether it be television, radio or even web based) reporting facts? Wow, that would be a odd concept! :innocent: After all, why change the habits they've got themselves into for so long!

Okay, this is going to be a response in stages, so bear with me:

On Morgan first. That way I get away from that sanctimonious jerk quickly....

Don't you get it, oh backward colonial types? Why, what he is doing is trying to help you all understand just how SILLY you all are! :yes: See, giving his vast experience of writing then editing one of the UK's less salubruious newspapers, not to mention writing two (possibly, could be more, but I'm not even going to bother and check this because I really hate this bugger) well selling books on his life, and lest we forget, his stint on a talent show (Amazing that. He has sod all talen himself. Well, you could I suppose call being so flaming arrogant a talent, in which case he's good at that!) he simply is a genius in knowing how to sort out ALL of society's ills, especially those of a country he's not a citizen of! Why you ought to be THANKFUL at his words of wisdom. :innocent:

Or better yet, just shake your heads, and switch off any show he appears on. Piers Morgan is an ********, end of matter. And for the love of whichever diety you follow, DO NOT send him back over here. There must be some deserted islands off your coast you can ditch him on....

Look, on the gun debate issue I will say it is a matter for the US to deal with, but for Pete's sake it has to be dealt with now. Yes, your laws allow ownership of firearms, but do you really want to go down the idea some folk are coming out with that everyone - non criminal types - should carry a gun? The wild west is a part of your past, and it wasn't like the movies. So it is well past time for all sections of American society to get it thrashed out, and make laws that will prevent any more tragedies in schools, churches, even your street corners of shootings that are not just carried out by crooks and criminals, but by those who frankly ought not to be near a pea shooter let alone a sidearm.

I'm not interested in arguing semantics, thank you.

But, Michelle, isnt that exactly what you're doing when arguing that an XM15 shouldnt be called an AR15?

Up here we refer to any variation of the AR15 as an AR15. The only reason Bushmaster calls their weapon the XM15 is because AR15 is trademarked to Colt. The weapon itself (the design of it) is essentially the same and common nomenclature calls this design (and variations of it) the AR15.

If I were to use another example: The military uses the M16. The M16 has had many different variations over the years, M16A1, M16A2, etc. Those are slight modifications but share the same design, and hence they weapons in general are called M16s. Only when you the need arises to be extremely specific does the exact varient's name come into play.

• Like 3

What don't you get...there was no AR-15. I expect the media to get their facts straight, especially after this long.

lol, they can't even spell the model of the shotgun right.it is not canta, but saiga. btw same mistake in both sources, perty much copy paste job.

But, Michelle, isnt that exactly what you're doing when arguing that an XM15 shouldnt be called an AR15?

I just made on offhand comment because it's a pet peeve of mine when the news isn't accurately reported. A Chevy and a Mercedes are both cars but they aren't the same. :P

Don't you get it, oh backward colonial types? Why, what he is doing is trying to help you all understand just how SILLY you all are!

oh, look at that, another brit is telling us how silly we all backward colonial types are, lol. it must be national thing there. go on, tell us something else, clown

On the front of owning weapons, I understand the concept of self defense, and being armed - especially in regard with protecting your house or property - is as mentioned part of your laws, but why do you need to own what looks like a sub-machine gun? See, I can understand the "trifecta" if you like of having ownership of a pistol, shotgun and rifle. That makes sense, but is owning the likes of an AR-15 - whether this be the above mentioned Bushmaster or any of the variants - simply to intimidate any intruder? There was a recent documentary over here on the open carry movement, and during one part it followed a couple who go around armed regulary to a meeting of like minded folk. Now the couple - man and wife - both had small handguns, the man carrying a snubnosed revolver, the woman a small automatic (with pink grips). As they stood talking to their friends - all armed with similar weapons, discussing how they also had a shotgun each at home, a new man joined them. And on his hip, he had the holster that looked like a classic old west gunfighters type, and in this was a old style Colt .45. He even did the spinning on finjger trick to impress the camera crew. Which in itself was possibly stupid. Anyhowm when asked why he had that type of gun, while the others had not only more modern ones, and smaller to boot, he kept saying "It's my right." No problem with that, but was it also a sort of "arms race" as well? You know, you lot have smaller guns, I got a bigger one!

On the front of owning weapons, I understand the concept of self defense, and being armed - especially in regard with protecting your house or property - is as mentioned part of your laws, but why do you need to own what looks like a sub-machine gun? See, I can understand the "trifecta" if you like of having ownership of a pistol, shotgun and rifle. That makes sense, but is owning the likes of an AR-15 - whether this be the above mentioned Bushmaster or any of the variants - simply to intimidate any intruder? There was a recent documentary over here on the open carry movement, and during one part it followed a couple who go around armed regulary to a meeting of like minded folk. Now the couple - man and wife - both had small handguns, the man carrying a snubnosed revolver, the woman a small automatic (with pink grips). As they stood talking to their friends - all armed with similar weapons, discussing how they also had a shotgun each at home, a new man joined them. And on his hip, he had the holster that looked like a classic old west gunfighters type, and in this was a old style Colt .45. He even did the spinning on finjger trick to impress the camera crew. Which in itself was possibly stupid. Anyhowm when asked why he had that type of gun, while the others had not only more modern ones, and smaller to boot, he kept saying "It's my right." No problem with that, but was it also a sort of "arms race" as well? You know, you lot have smaller guns, I got a bigger one!

See, there is a little problem for the gun industry, and that is that the new urban generation (if you exclude the gang bangers) has very little interest in real guns, they prefer virtual guns so that is being "solved" by two programs, first to sell the older generation a completely new type of weapon, as useful as tits on a bull for most private uses, by suggesting that they are getting a military gun to defend themselves against... (well in lack of a useful target lately against the "Tyrannical Government") and on the other side by trying hard to bring gun education into youth groups and sometimes even schools to generate some interest.

If Lanza had used the shotgun, the libtards would be crying a river about shotguns today, right?

I'm just trying to figure out what really matters. So far, it's the 0.6% of gun crimes using their politically correct poopy-pants "assault" rifles.

lol, they can't even spell the model of the shotgun right.it is not canta, but saiga. btw same mistake in both sources, perty much copy paste job.

The word сайга or CANTA which appears on the Rifle itself, is the Russian name, which translates into Saiga.

• Like 3

The word сайга or CANTA which appears on the Rifle itself, is the Russian name, which translates into Saiga.

thanks i knew that, however evey exported saiga rifle\shotgun, has word saiga written in english, there is no need to translate anything

thanks i knew that, however evey exported saiga rifle\shotgun, has word saiga written in english, there is no need to translate anything

While you might, the person Tiggs answer was directed to evidently did not.. or was trying to sell us down the river as idiots. So I think that the answer was in order.

• Like 1

While you might, the person Tiggs answer was directed to evidently did not.. or was trying to sell us down the river as idiots. So I think that the answer was in order.

Tiggs solved the conspiracy theory for us by identifying what was actually left in the trunk, and to the untrained eye who wants to smear the "assault rifle" at every possible junction of the debate, it looks like an AR-15 and that's good enough to focus on a barely registering miniscule percentage of gun crimes, as well as float the next CT some people fall into after any/every inconsistent news story they hear about.

It looks black and scary, but since Lanza used the .223, everyone's yammering about AR-15s and not Saiga 12s.

Tiggs solved the conspiracy theory for us by identifying what was actually left in the trunk, and to the untrained eye who wants to smear the "assault rifle" at every possible junction of the debate, it looks like an AR-15 and that's good enough to focus on a barely registering miniscule percentage of gun crimes, as well as float the next CT some people fall into after any/every inconsistent news story they hear about.

It looks black and scary, but since Lanza used the .223, everyone's yammering about AR-15s and not Saiga 12s.

Your question was whether the "libtards" would be squealing, well, in view that the Saiga is another castrated military rifle, my bet would be yes.

Why is it that the most adamant "responsible" gun owners on this forum seem to be the ones joking and/or threatening to use their guns to shoot people?

There's reasonable people here, like HerNibs and Michelle... and then theres the more vocal ones who talk of actually shooting people.

So it's unacceptable to even JOKE about firearms around you? I read Fess' statement and it never occurred to me he was serious. Part of the joke was that ted is known as a wild man and that would have been in keeping with his persona - hence the "he's not stupid" The inescapable, provable truth is that the VAST majority of all US gun owners NEVER use it in anger against another human being.
  • Like 1

i just watched the video, of cops getting a rifle out of the trunk, even thou it was grainy, it was NOT ar type of rifle, the charging handle on ar is in the top back of the reciver, what they found was ak type rifle, with charging handle on the front\side.

Edited by aztek

Your question was whether the "libtards" would be squealing, well, in view that the Saiga is another castrated military rifle, my bet would be yes.

Lo! Shotguns are rifles now! I'm afraid you just replaced one conspiracy with another.

lol, no they are not rifles, but some shotguns are hard to tell apart from rifles, at the first glance especially in a dark, on grainy video ,saiga is a good example, lever action 410 shotguns, and marlin bolt action shotgun. they look just like rifles.

lol, no they are not rifles, but some shotguns are hard to tell apart from rifles, at the first glance especially in a dark, on grainy video ,saiga is a good example, lever action 410 shotguns, and marlin bolt action shotgun. they look just like rifles.

No, you are right, the Saiga 12s is just a combat shotgun (in its original version), not a rifle. The rifle was in the school.

So it's unacceptable to even JOKE about firearms around you? I read Fess' statement and it never occurred to me he was serious. Part of the joke was that ted is known as a wild man and that would have been in keeping with his persona - hence the "he's not stupid" The inescapable, provable truth is that the VAST majority of all US gun owners NEVER use it in anger against another human being.

I did not say that it's unacceptable to joke about guns nor did I make reference to any one specific comment. What I made reference to is how those that are yelling the loudest about this subject also are the ones that make statements or comments advocating armed revolution and even saying that they'll shoot anyone who tries to take their gun away. Hell, I've even seen comments wishing that "anti gun" people get shot.

i just watched the video, of cops getting a rifle out of the trunk, even thou it was grainy, it was NOT ar type of rifle, the charging handle on ar is in the top back of the reciver, what they found was ak type rifle, with charging handle on the front\side.

You mean the shotgun that the report says was in the trunk?

• Like 1

Hell, I've even seen comments wishing that "anti gun" people get shot.

And it's people who think and act like that, are the very ones who will make matters worse for actual responsible gun owners throughout the country ..Shame they aren't smart enough to realise that

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 1

Why is it that the most adamant "responsible" gun owners on this forum seem to be the ones joking and/or threatening to use their guns to shoot people?

There's reasonable people here, like HerNibs and Michelle... and then theres the more vocal ones who talk of actually shooting people.

I have seen a few jokes but not anyone making threats though i do not doubt it in these forums,when a soldier deserves what he got being murdered in cold blood while helping another former soldier it crosses over from a discussion to anything goes.

• Like 1