Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Piers Morgan debates Ted Nugent on GunControl

acidhead

Did you know that Morgan is Irish? He has an English accent and a Welsh surname (fake), but he has roots in Eire. Ireland shares the USA's history when it comes to expelling monarchist troops. One would think that Morgan would sound less like King George III with that kind of background.

Interesting tidbits but until 2 months ago I've never heard of the guy.

Yes shoot anyone who disagrees with you.. You all should get guns in case you are in an argument, that should make your rights to own guns look better... Bring back the days of the old west...

Seriously, I believe you all should own a right to keep your arms and not ever loose your rights ( said it a dozen times ) But shooting people who do not agree with you, is not the smart way to go about it.. You are only giving the anti gunners more ammo ( pardon the pun ) to use against the gun owners... If you were serious in what you said, then it doesn't look good, if you weren't serious, then you may see were I am coming from

Whoa! Pump your brakes. You ma'am always gripe on people about misconstruing your words. I guess you really don't know me but seriously, do you think I was actually advocating something so stupid.

Why is it that the most adamant "responsible" gun owners on this forum seem to be the ones joking and/or threatening to use their guns to shoot people?

There's reasonable people here, like HerNibs and Michelle... and then theres the more vocal ones who talk of actually shooting people.

That goes for you too if you're referring to me. Though I expect it from you, c'mon... Guess that's the curse of conversing in text, everything is taken as so literal.

Thanks ANDTHEN! Thought I was dealing with mostly intelligent people here. Guess that's not very intelligent of me to think.

I don't personally believe that Mr Fess was being serious for a second, with his "Ted should of drew his gun!" comment. Looks like humor to me.

Obviously - If anyone does ever see anybody directly threaten anyone on here, then please hit the report button to make the moderation team aware of it. We'd rather have multiple reports of the same incident than none at all.

Thanks in advance,

Tiggs

[Forum Mod Team]

I don't personally believe that Mr Fess was being serious for a second, with his "Ted should of drew his gun!" comment. Looks like humor to me.

Obviously - If anyone does ever see anybody directly threaten anyone on here, then please hit the report button to make the moderation team aware of it. We'd rather have multiple reports of the same incident than none at all.

Thanks in advance,

Tiggs

[Forum Mod Team]

Coming from you, I'm humbled. Thanks. And I'll give kudos to you and the moderator staff too. I've had to report at least two threats that I can remember. One on a thread and one in a PM. They were both handled swiftly and accordingly.

having Ted talk about anything is an insult to stupid people. A stone has more brains.

Whoa! Pump your brakes. You ma'am always gripe on people about misconstruing your words. I guess you really don't know me but seriously, do you think I was actually advocating something so stupid.

From my post, I clearly wrote....

If you were serious in what you said, then it doesn't look good, if you weren't serious, then you may see were I am coming from

I added that into the same post you read. That post above, clearly shows I don't know you well enough to know if you were or were not serious. I was hoping you weren't serious, and see exactly where I was coming from.... I am sorry for acting confused, I didn't know ..I will know in future if you say anything like that again, I'll take it as your humour... It takes a while to get to know you all on here, and how you all post.. I hope you can understand that...

Edited by Beckys_Mom

From my post, I clearly wrote....

I added that into the same post you read. That post above, clearly shows I don't know you well enough to know if you were or were not serious. I was hoping you weren't serious, and see exactly where I was coming from.... I am sorry for acting confused, I didn't know ..I will know in future if you say anything like that again, I'll take it as your humour... It takes a while to get to know you all on here, and how you all post.. I hope you can understand that...

It's all good. I figured we spoke enough already that you shouldn't wonder what angle I was coming from but I know it is hard to decipher personalties without faces, voices and body language.

• Like 1

It's all good. I figured we spoke enough already that you shouldn't wonder what angle I was coming from but I know it is hard to decipher personalties without faces, voices and body language.

This is one reason i try stress try not to argue with people over the net,cannot look someone in the eyes,cannot hear their tone of voice,and cannot see their reaction.Causes lots of confusion

• Like 1

That is from your link.

And an assault rifle, at least according to its inventors, is an automatic loading gas operated rifle (See Gewehr 44, also known as Sturmgewehr or Assault Rifle). The Bushmaster sure fits that description. Calling a donkey horse does not change its nature.

Aren't most semi-automatics gas operated and auto loading? Are they all "assualt weapons" (since many are pistols) now? I thought they had to be capable of selecting full auto to be assualt rifles.

Aren't most semi-automatics gas operated and auto loading? Are they all "assualt weapons" (since many are pistols) now? I thought they had to be capable of selecting full auto to be assualt rifles.

No, most automatics before the invention of the Gewehrr 44 were recoil loading.

No, most automatics before the invention of the Gewehrr 44 were recoil loading.

Thanks for the info.

The M1 Garand is gas operated. So this an "assult weapon"?

The Maxim Machine Gun is recoil operated. So this not an "assult weapon"?

Which would you rather your fellow citizens have?

Seems a recoil operated weapon will shoot about as fast as a gas operated one.

Thanks for the info.

The M1 Garand is gas operated. So this an "assult weapon"?

The Maxim Machine Gun is recoil operated. So this not an "assult weapon"?

Which would you rather your fellow citizens have?

Seems a recoil operated weapon will shoot about as fast as a gas operated one.

The Garand falls under the same category as the M14, and the official classification was "battle rifle", despite the ability of the M14 to shoot automatic salvos, normally they should be assault rifles (at least by our modern classification). And no, the Maxim falls under the category machine gun, and it is quite irrelevant if gas or recoil operated, the fire mode is relevant here.

With large caliber ammunition it is better (because less complicated) to use recoil loading, with smaller ammunition gas loading.

And as far as I am concerned they can have all of them if they handle them with the care that should be given to a firearm.

True enough. reading plain text on a screen can make it much harder.. It is a lot different face to face. Anyhoo, glad there are no hard feelings..

• Like 1

And as far as I am concerned they can have all of themif they handle them with the care that should be given to a firearm.

The problem that has catapulted this issue into the mass media and its marble masters has nothing to do with handling firearms with care. It's about politicizing inanimate objects because people turn murderous and then prey on helpless victims. This notion that mass murderers sensationalized by our media aren't being careful is preposterous.

[media=]

[/media]

I didn't watch your video but I did read about the store owner being upset about the deception. I'm not saying he's stupid but what did he expect? Journalistic integrity? Chalk it up to a lesson learned.

Well, whether on not Alex Jones' argument is better or not, I had to give up watching after 10 minutes.

The guy simply just strokes his own ego. It just makes him look like a arrogant snot.