Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Nail polish

Keel M.

Hey Ladies!

I'm looking for a US brand of nail polish that appears to be one colour in certain light and a different colour in other light. Anyone know of a brand that has polish fitting this description?

Thanks!

Hey Ladies!

I'm looking for a US brand of nail polish that appears to be one colour in certain light and a different colour in other light. Anyone know of a brand that has polish fitting this description?

Thanks!

I think a few polish brands have done it,but they're usually special edition . I'm sure Revlons done them . I had a few .

I would check Sally Hansens brand. She does awesome colors now .

I grow my own nails so I'm not looking for fakes. I like looking at the incredible nail art on Pinterest though!

Edited by Lady Kasey
  • Like 1

I have a Sally Hansen one, it's "Sally Hansen Nail Prisms" in kind of red/copper/ colours. I just saw another similar one by another brand online not too long ago though. I'll try to see if I can remember where I saw it posted...

Sally Hansen is a good start. What I'm thinking of, though, is something I've seen on cars. Where looking at it in the shade, it looks black or a very dark green, yet in direct sunlight, it's purple. I just can't think of what that's called. I had a bottle of a nail polish like this years ago, but it wasn't bought here.

This is the one that I have, you can't tell by looking at the picture, but the colours shift in the different light from the darker to lighter. Is this what you mean?

Essence+-+Late+At+Night+in+Sally+Hansen+Nail+Prisms+-+Amber+Ruby+3.jpg

I'm pretty sure I saw other one on Pinterest because that's the only place online where I happen to see nail polish all the time. lol I just typed in "iridescent nail polish" and a bunch of different ones came up but I only recognize the OPI ones.

Okay I'm happy to say I found exactly what I was looking for. I decided to stop by the local Ulta yesterday on the way home from the hospital and struck gold. :D It's Orly colour Royal Velvet. In some light it looks purple and in other light it looks navy blue. They had a second colour called Space Cadet, but they were out. I looked at the bottle of Royal Velvet and figured it would be close to what I wanted. Sure enough it's exactly what I was looking for so now I will have to go back and pick up a bottle of the Space Cadet too. It will probably just be a different combination of colours, which is good.

The Sally Hansen Prisms are really cool! I have a few of them! There is a purple / teal color I really like, as we'll as a yellow / pink one that's light but nice too!

So where might I find these SH Prisms? I don't recall seeing them at Walgreens or anything. Does Sally's Beauty Supply sell these? We have Ulta, but apparently they sell only the nail care items from SH, not many of their colours. :(