Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Action figure collecting

ali smack

Does anyone collect action figures?

I think they are really interesting and have over 300 figures of all kinds of stuff:

musicians, including pop stars, rock stars, rappers, film characters, cartoon characters,

advert characters, comic book characters, computer game characters, wrestlers, footballers,

boxers, tv series characters etc.

What are other people's views on figures? Do you like them or think it's a childish waste of money???

• Like 1

It's a hobby I enjoy off and on, but I wouldn't blame anyone if they consider it a childish pursuit. Bottom line is, it's something I enjoy that doesn't hurt anyone and I'm still able to fulfill my other financial obligations, so I don't see the harm.

For me, I think it stems from growing up in a family of modest means so now I go back and grab some of the action figures we couldn't afford when I was younger. I have an extensive vintage boxed Transformers collection. A few Voltron and Macross stuff too. I also like customizing the 12 inch 1/6 scale action figures as well.

• Like 1

I like collecting figures and have so since the 1980s hence why i have a huge collection.

Most of my stuff is opened, but I do have a vintage WWF Undertaker and TMNT Usagi Yojimbo still sealed on their cards. They pretty much fill one of the bedrooms in my house.

I have mostly Simpsons WOS figures.147 to be exact.

But I have complete collection of Heroes figures and about 15 Hasbro WWF figures.

I have a lot of others as well. I think it;s a harmless and interesting hobby. Most of mine are out of there packages apart from a club mez hoodz figure and a Rocky 2 hospital rocky balboa figure. I have been collecting them since I was 2. And the first one I got was that leach guy from he man.

• 11 months later...

Do you like them or think it's a childish waste of money???

I am the envy of all the kids I know.

Does anyone collect action figures?

I think they are really interesting and have over 300 figures of all kinds of stuff:

musicians, including pop stars, rock stars, rappers, film characters, cartoon characters,

advert characters, comic book characters, computer game characters, wrestlers, footballers,

boxers, tv series characters etc.

What are other people's views on figures? Do you like them or think it's a childish waste of money???

if you like them then go for it!

the people i don't get are those who collect something solely for its monetary value (or projected future value)

if you are going to collect something, no matter what it is, it should be because it brings joy to you in some meaningful way.

...otherwise it's borderline hoarding mkay? lol

• Like 1

Do you like them or think it's a childish waste of money???

Childish waste of money? A lot of the figures from the 1970's and 80's are worth a fortune now...

• Like 1

It seems like everything from the 80's is selling for a fortune right now.

That's pretty cool about your collection. As someone who loves collections in general I have to admire you for having so many action figures.

A friend of mine got me some "KISS Alive" action figures (I love the band) about 15 years ago. Just last year I decided it was OK to open the packages and display them, proudly.

I have a bunch of toys in boxes, somewhere.

When I was a kid I created imaginary lands out of my yard.

It was the best way to spend time.

I've thought about collecting.

• 4 weeks later...

I collect Barbies and never open them. I have Alice Cooper dolls and Bruce Campbell as Ash from Evil Dead. I see no harm in it. Oh and I have Tim Curry as Dr. Frank n Furter from The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

• Like 1

I have Spawn series one and two still in the packaging. I don't really collect them, they are all in a big box in the attic.

As a kid back in the 80's, I liked having action figures. I still have several WWE (then known as WWF) action figures, such as King Kong Bundy, Hulk Hogan, Hillbilly Jim, and the Junk Yard Dog.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I had a WWE action figure delivered a few days ago (Kofi Kingston's action figure specifically) and now i'm waiting for the second acton figure, i ordered, to arrive (that would be the Rock's). It's the first time in my life, that i own an action figure, so i'm too excited! :D

Here it is :)

post-149100-0-38227000-1413241119_thumb.

Edited by FollowTheTrail

I would do things that my family would disown me over for this.

I just got this bad boy in. I figured I'd better do it now before the price skyrockets when The Avengers: Age of Ultron smashes the world.

200120-classic-ultron-on-throne-003.jpg

I don't collect them at all, but every so often I get ones bought for me as Xmas and birthday presents. I get stuff like this for my birthday from time to time from people I know simply because they are figures from my favourite movies and they see them in a shop and think I'd like them.

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

I've other random stuff like action figures of Ron Burgundy, Einstein, Bender from Futurama, etc. that have been bought for me from time to time.