Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Californians are currently being disarmed!

Uncle Sam

Frankenstein has taken her life into her own hands if this story turns out to be true.

Whats serious? That they're taking guns away from felons who shouldnt have them and the mentally ill? The same thing they've been doing for years? How is this "serious"

Until someone shows me that a lawful gun owner's home was broken into and their guns taken as part of this, or until someone shows me that they're forcefully disarming the entire population, I'll be here pointing out how everyone's (yet again) jumping to conclusions and crying wolf.

You want guns out of the hands of the criminals, yet people freak out when guns are taken out of the hands of criminals. How the hell is there supposed to be any worthwhile discussion when people keep freaking out just for the sake of freaking out?

If they been doing this for years, the citizens are used to it. How come they are in a uproar about this?

Whats serious? That they're taking guns away from felons who shouldnt have them and the mentally ill? The same thing they've been doing for years? How is this "serious"

Until someone shows me that a lawful gun owner's home was broken into and their guns taken as part of this, or until someone shows me that they're forcefully disarming the entire population, I'll be here pointing out how everyone's (yet again) jumping to conclusions and crying wolf.

You want guns out of the hands of the criminals, yet people freak out when guns are taken out of the hands of criminals. How the hell is there supposed to be any worthwhile discussion when people keep freaking out just for the sake of freaking out?

You completely miss the point as usual.

but they are bursting into their homes to take away the guns.

That is not the impression I got from the video.

Some people are having their guns reported stolen by the police, then the police barge in taking their guns.

This is something I want more details on.

Another instance is that a citizen who has a guns from his grandparents, the police come and confiscate the guns even though it been in their family.

Was it an assault weapon that wasnt registered? Did it belong to a rightful owner?

You started this post in relation to a *specific* situation occuring *currently* in California--- yet when I read the news articles regarding this situation, there's no mention of any of the above 2 points.

What ,police and media don't lie ?

What about people? Do they exaggerate and jump to conclusions?

Pardon me for actually wanting information and not jumping to baseless conclusions.

I get given a story about how California is being disarmed currently. Upon investigation, its an ongoing operation (has been for years) which removes illegal weapons from felons and mentally ill. Given this information, and no more, you want me to assume that they're tricking lawful gun owners into losing their guns? Where's the logical connection?

If they been doing this for years, the citizens are used to it. How come they are in a uproar about this?

Probably because someone started the rumor that they're disarming all citizens and brutally breaking into their homes to do it... It does seem to be the trend these days. Something happens -> exaggerate it 10 fold -> Other people freak out without looking at the facts.

• Like 1

That is not the impression I got from the video.

This is something I want more details on.

Was it an assault weapon that wasnt registered? Did it belong to a rightful owner?

You started this post in relation to a *specific* situation occuring *currently* in California--- yet when I read the news articles regarding this situation, there's no mention of any of the above 2 points.

What about people? Do they exaggerate and jump to conclusions?

Pardon me for actually wanting information and not jumping to baseless conclusions.

I get given a story about how California is being disarmed currently. Upon investigation, its an ongoing operation (has been for years) which removes illegal weapons from felons and mentally ill. Given this information, and no more, you want me to assume that they're tricking lawful gun owners into losing their guns? Where's the logical connection?

Read through all the comments that don't pertain liberal media or people talking to media, you can see they are getting upset about this issue. They are currently being disarmed in multiple instances, some are suspicious and some flat out wrong. Go check it out on twitter... read through thousands and thousands of comments from people if you want.

https://twitter.com/search/realtime?q=California+guns&src=typd

http://www.ammoland..../#axzz2KAj3tbSY

July 1st adding many new "illegal" gunowners

And those people who own those "illegal guns" will have every gun in their household confiscated, even if it is not the gun they are looking for. We are looking at a ever rapid expansion of illegal guns, to cover a wide variety of guns that encompasses all the citizens in California, so effectively they are disarming citizens through sneaky laws. I warned this many times over, now we are seeing the fruits of their labor going into effect, basically wiping our ability to protect our constitution out of existence.

Edited by Uncle Sam

California LEO vs MS13...yeah right.

Read through all the comments that don't pertain liberal media or people talking to media, you can see they are getting upset about this issue. They are currently being disarmed in multiple instances, some are suspicious and some flat out wrong. Go check it out on twitter... read through thousands and thousands of comments from people if you want.

So read through all the comments but ignore the ones that don't have people freaking out?

And what do you expect the comments to say, anyway? "Everything is business as usual"? People comment on extremes--- those who are freaking out (whether rightfully or wrongfully) are going to tweet their opinions. Those who arent freaking out and don't consider it anything odd or suspicious arent going to take the time out of their day to tweet "All is well".

Now, lets see the tweets that I see:

Paul Black @RetwetRT1

California confiscates illegal guns but faces obstacles http://feeds.cbsnews.com/~r/cbsnews/feed/~3/bI_QElkU2Jg/ …

1stHeadlines@1stNewsHeds

CBS News: Tense moments as California agents confiscate illegal guns

Stephanie Cantizano@StephCantizano

@andersoncooper YES more states should have take guns from criminals programs just like California!!!

Steven Therrien@acerwind

@AC360 all states should follow California's example of confiscating illegal guns. They should finance it by taxing gun owners.

Fact Check Piers@FactCheckPiers

Anderson cooper's show doing an exposé on a California program that gets guns out of felons hands. No issue with that at all @piersmorgan

No Bio@__Africana

There are 40,000 illegal guns in California. #AndersonCooper

Stefan@SabVilla4

@AC360 Concerning your report on California's illegal guns: Neither the reporter nor the police officer were wearing seat belts?

Firearms shows@Firearmsshows

Tense moments as California agents confiscate illegal guns - CBS News http://dlvr.it/2vpprf

Rojin Hamid@rojinny

Omg the types of illegal guns im California astound me!

Anderson Cooper 360°@AC360

"I'm amazed that #California is the only state that tracks these people down." - @andersoncooper to @randikayeCNN on #guns

Alex Coles@DevilsAdvocateC

@DailyCaller hey they're taking your guns! For serious this time! Even @CBSNews says so http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2013/01/30/phil-matier-thousands-of-guns-illegally-owned-in-california/ …

Sam the Patriot@repubvoice2012

California wants to mandate insurance for all guns... How stupid.

News 24h@FastNewss

Tonight on AC360: California goes after illegal guns http://q.gs/3NV0F #topic

jennifer @piercethecrown1

I'm listening to 21 Guns (Live Mountain View, California) by Green Day on Pandora http://bit.ly/YUFrqP #pandora

donnasparks@donnasparks

Cue the hysteria. Agents in California are actually going into homes and seizing guns belonging to 'mentally unstable' and felons.

Ella Zimmerly@EZimmerly

"People...[haven't turned in firearms as ordered]...So special agents...are going after them to seize the weapons." http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2013/02/06/tonight-on-ac360-california-goes-after-illegal-guns/ …

I dont see the outrage you're implying.

*snip*

Your not reading far enough. Keep reading... Your seeing mostly liberal citizens speaking after those who are p***ed. Anderson Cooper fans and stuff like is taking over the twitter.

Edited by Daughter of the Nine Moons
removed redundant quote

AsteroidX, as a reminder a discussion thread should be an exchange of views. "Shut up" is simply not an acceptable response.

thank you stellar for your priceless contribution, and putting us silly American kids on the right track, I don't know how we made that far without your input, gee.... it is really great to have you on board, our wise foreign brother, wisdom of such magnitude, are essential to our increasing quality of life, we bow to you master. :nw:

now I hope you can read between the lines, buddy. lol

• Like 1

Your not reading far enough. Keep reading... Your seeing mostly liberal citizens speaking after those who are p***ed. Anderson Cooper fans and stuff like is taking over the twitter.

I believe I've made my point. The only people freaking out are those that jumped to conclusions, didnt check the facts and assumed that they were disarming *everyone* instead of checking the facts.

Those that are pointing out reality you are calling liberal and telling me I should ignore.

Btw, I didn't know liberal was synonymous with rational, but I'll keep it in mind for next time.

Btw, I didn't know liberal was synonymous with rational, but I'll keep it in mind for next time.

Where did you come up with that analogy ? :nw:

There seems to be more than a small problem with snide obnoxious behavior. The expectation is civil and courteous behavior.

• Like 2

There seems to be more than a small problem with snide obnoxious behavior. The expectation is civil and courteous behavior.

I am trying to not to display obnoxious behavior, trying to let people know and understand. None of my posts were directed at someone, only to prove to those what is happening.

Edited by Uncle Sam

And just as an added point: if your watching this happen to your neighbor, all you see is the police confiscating guns. You don't immediately know that those were illegal. It's understandable that some if these people then tweeted about It before knowing all the facts.

Daughter of the Nine Moons if I went onto a foreign countries forum and started espousing my own views onto them I would expect no less. Honestly. I understand what you are saying but this is an American politics subject. Could you elaborate what civil and courteous behavior is ? In context please.

I mean if I go onto the Mideast section and start espousing Christian views...Perhaps I am confused by your statement.

So are they taking the illegal guns away from the gangs as well or just hitting the soft targets?

• Like 2

So are they taking the illegal guns away from the gangs as well or just hitting the soft targets?

They are hitting the soft targets. Making citizens pay insurance for their guns, making guns legally owned illegal to be able to break down doors to confiscate all guns, and other laws that make it harder for legal citizens who own guns. It is basically a multi-prong attack on our second amendment to make them either give up guns or confiscate the guns. Those who give up their right to bare arms for temporary security deserve neither.

Edited by Uncle Sam

They cant realistically take guns away from gangs. Thats the reason why gangs are what they are.

Daughter of the Nine Moons if I went onto a foreign countries forum and started espousing my own views onto them I would expect no less. Honestly. I understand what you are saying but this is an American politics subject. Could you elaborate what civil and courteous behavior is ? In context please.

I mean if I go onto the Mideast section and start espousing Christian views...Perhaps I am confused by your statement.

This isn't your country's forum, nor am I espousing my views... I'm espousing the facts.

This isn't your country's forum, nor am I espousing my views... I'm espousing the facts.

Actually this is. Me and him are both Americans. Full blooded Americans who see what is happening, understand more than you possibly know, because we following the news and see the facts unlike you. You can't just rely on the news media, you got to rely on every media you can find to find the facts. Did you know Federal Government is trying to seize the power of the State Sheriffs? That is right, we are facing increasing attacks on our constitution daily by the government. When you can't see the facts like we do, then you are blind from the truth by the media that portray it as it is.

Edited by Uncle Sam

And just as an added point: if your watching this happen to your neighbor, all you see is the police confiscating guns. You don't immediately know that those were illegal. It's understandable that some if these people then tweeted about It before knowing all the facts.

Theres not alot of fact in that statement but a whole bunch of conjecture.