Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Massive manhunt on for ex-cop

OverSword

Why did the cops need hundreds of assault style weapons with high capacity magazines? I submit this question to Piers Morgan's mailbox. One armed murderer on the loose and the police employ limitless power with no questions asked. A private citizen bears one firearm kept in their home for defense against armed criminals but Morgan can't understand how that could possibly be necessary? There seems to be a severe disconnect at play regarding proportionate and reasonable use of force. It obviously has nothing to do with guns themselves but everything to do with who wields them.

Ya a fired cop ex militery with a right to get what ever gun he wants, no reason to think he might be p***ed just sell him a gun right.

• Like 1

Let the dead man rest. His story has been told. Anything else were just arguing about munitia IMO. CNN has wall tpo coverage of him being murdered if thats what your looking for.

• Like 1

Ya a fired cop ex militery with a right to get what ever gun he wants, no reason to think he might be p***ed just sell him a gun right.

So now the gun-control issue is selling fired people guns who might be angry. Call Obama immediately; he missed that one.

So now the gun-control issue is selling fired people guns who might be angry. Call Obama immediately; he missed that one.

No you missed it, whats your number lol

given that he was fired in 2008 does the term crime of pasion ring a bell and being able to buy a gun over the shelf is not a good practise. He could have stocked up and done a crap load more than he did.

given that he was fired in 2008 does the term crime of pasion ring a bell and being able to buy a gun over the shelf is not a good practise. He could have stocked up and done a crap load more than he did.

Whoah now... are you saying that he shouldn't have been allowed to buy a gun and ammo because he was fired?

In the end, ironically as it sounds, I think Dorner won. His week long episode was psychotic but it did indeed prove a point: It's not spelled Justice, it's Just-Us.

Is he a hero? No... absolutely not. He shall be remembered as a crazy man who attempted to take on The Man.

He lost and will be forgotten.

Business as usual.

• Like 2

Looks like Bible Thumping Gun Toting Blood Thirsty Tea Partiers got their wish. The death of a black man that didn't get a fair trial. And who said the Tea Partiers are not racists.

they are not, but you are, regardless of your color.

• Like 2

fired ex cops military, don't have any more right to own weapons than anyone else, you have no idea what you talking about, again.

the whole cabin burned to a crisp, yet his DL somehow survived there, undamaged, yea, right.

not to mention his id was mentioned in news, in different places, like mexico border, somehow he just kept getting it back, lol, that makes sence.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNk-bV40XMc

The full auido of Chris Dorner raid .They are clearly heard saying burn that Morther Fer down. So basicaly they excuted him so they are no better than, he is. Edited by Ryinrea
  • Like 4

Agreed. Too many times I have wittnessed that people who are accused of shooting police do not make it to trial. If they are in pursuit of an alleged cop killer the police suddenly become judge, jury, and executioner.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 2

Whoah now... are you saying that he shouldn't have been allowed to buy a gun and ammo because he was fired?

I never said that. I was just saying that being able to buy a gun off the shelf with no background checks is not a safe way to do business.

fired ex cops military, don't have any more right to own weapons than anyone else, you have no idea what you talking about, again.

You didn't read what I said and you jumped the gun again.

What I find ironic is that people are ok with a shoot out where the police attempt to kill him unless he surrenders, but they're not ok with just burning the cabin unless he surrenders?

As far as I'm concerned, if he's firing at the police and putting their lives in danger, we shouldnt restrict the police from using a method which would accomplish the same thing as a shootout yet without putting their lives at risk...

• Like 2

i agree, nothing wrong with buring down the house, in this particular instance, can't blame them. however they lie about not doing that on purpose, tear gas would not set house on fire. they should just say they did, and not get tangled in more lies.

for what it worth, he showed how incompetent and how little (not at all), regard for public safety lapd has. i'm talking about mistaken identety (in reality not even caring for identity) shootings

• Like 1

The full auido of Chris Dorner raid .They are clearly heard saying burn that Morther Fer down. So basicaly they excuted him so they are no better than, he is.

many of them were no better than him in the first place, thats why he had a grudge. But it was obvious what was going to happen, he was never going to come out of this alive.

So often we hear about people 'defending' themselves against mad gun men and having the right to shoot them...., well, this is what happened here, but this time he was the mad gunman.

I just do not get why he had to take this gun rampage route, he knew what would happen, now he is dead and all the protesting against the corrupt was in vein!

He could not fight his case in the last court room, but surely getting a gun, killing innocent people and getting himself killed was not going to help bring down those men he hated so much.

It makes me wonder how unstable he really was even before this all started.

Surely there could have been someone who would have listened to him and helped??? if the answer is no, then there really are some big problems there.

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 2

i agree, nothing wrong with buring down the house, in this particular instance, can't blame them. however they lie about not doing that on purpose, tear gas would not set house on fire. they should just say they did, and not get tangled in more lies.

for what it worth, he showed how incompetent and how little (not at all), regard for public safety lapd has. i'm talking about mistaken identety (in reality not even caring for identity) shootings

Well, I'm not sure how they deployed the tear gas, but any type of grenade has the potential to start a fire, as even smoke grenades "burn".

Now, before someone comes over here and flips out on me I want to elaborate on my previous statement: The police should have to take every reasonable measure to capture fugitives alive, but if they're being shot at, they're going to make him stop shooting by killing him if necessary. As such, I couldn't care less if he dies by a bullet to the head or by fire.

• Like 3

Well, I'm not sure how they deployed the tear gas, but any type of grenade has the potential to start a fire, as even smoke grenades "burn".

Now, before someone comes over here and flips out on me I want to elaborate on my previous statement: The police should have to take every reasonable measure to capture fugitives alive, but if they're being shot at, they're going to make him stop shooting by killing him if necessary. As such, I couldn't care less if he dies by a bullet to the head or by fire.

true and right. Everyone has a right to defend themselves. i am sure every American would agree with that.

I agree that bringing him in alive would have been better, but for who really? him? he knew from the start that he would be killed, thats why he carried on shooting.

In a chilling, 6,000 word “manifesto” on his Facebook page he has threatened to “bring warfare” to the LAPD and “utilise every bit of small arms training, demolition, ordinance and survival training I’ve been given.”

Those are not the words of a man who thinks he will survive the outcome, FCOL, he worked for them, he knew the score.

• Like 1

i think they used SIP Grenade or something similar, it also smokes, but burning phosforus can not be put out until it burns out itself, they are also called burners, (not smoke granade as it previosly been mentioned, ).

what happened looks a lot like waco incedent. atf and feds also deny burning it down, but yea, we believe them. lol

there was no reason for them to use smokes, they had no intent to flush him out, they were scared he would come out shoting. you don't shoot at the house from 200 guns if you want to smoke someone out.

Edited by aztek

He made it clear he wasn't going down without a fight. He killed innocent people. I don't feel bad the way things ended for him.

Edited by glorybebe
  • Like 2

He made it clear he wasn't going down without a fight. He killed innocent people. I don't feel bad the way things ended for him.

neither do I.

But I do hope that someone will do something about any corrupt cops that may be in the force and that if anyone else wants to shop them, then they do not do it with a gun and killing sprees.

, then they do not do it with a gun and killing sprees.

well the courts seems to cover them up pretty good, it happened twice in his case alone, i'm sure there are many untold cases like that, how do you suggest they do it??

• Like 1

well the courts seems to cover them up pretty good, it happened twice in his case alone, i'm sure there are many untold cases like that, how do you suggest they do it??

Wow! I really do not have a clue. But boy you got major problems if the courts are covering things up. As for happening twice in his case alone....the judges and the jury are corrupt too? really?

Saying that, we do not have the best judges here either, but in the end the truth will come out...unless ofcourse they are shot dead first like in this case, but in England we do not have it that way.

Edited by freetoroam