Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I found a video about Noah's Ark

chopmo

Found this while doing the usual rabbitholing of youtube. Has anyone seen this before? Thought's on it.

I like what they showed, but I've been fooled by TV before *insert rant about von donikan*, wasn't fooled in the typical way but they shoot the type of television that encourages watching 2 seasons in a short amount of days and leaving A EFF LOAD of what if's but as usual decypher, debunk, purge and continue. hahaha

But this, I liked how it happened quite a natural fluke and I enjoyed the evidence they supplied I could understand that would be how it's done if it were ever to be found. It's quite old by the look of it so there's quite a high chance it's been seen before if so please direct me to the thread :) as I have read the noah threads on um that I could find and not seen something like this.

http://youtu.be/QvsG3E7WAn0

• Like 3

ark2wh.jpg

Well, it certainly looks like something that settled in mud a long time ago. The mud hardened and the structure has decayed. But it also looks like glacial moraine. The feature is indeed unusual but not so drastically different from the surrounding terrain. But the following picture, I think, gives us the full story.

ark2.jpg

This looks like an ancient mud slide. And this structure was just denser than the surrounding material and rode the slide down. Although with that said, it still doesn’t preclude that the Ark could have settled further up on the saddle. That would explain why that structure was more solid than its surroundings. They claim that high carbon content is there but that could also be remnants of a grove of trees that the mud slide buried. To date, I still haven’t heard if they’ve pulled out timbers or not but the GPR is just inconclusive. It’s obvious that they are interpreting what they want to see. I definitely think that this needs to be explored further.

The anchor stones are interesting but they could have been placed there by the Byzantines. That one is near this structure would indicate that it was obvious to be a resting place to the Byzantines and I would go as far to say that it was Theodora that had these stones placed. I believe she had an affinity for religious artifacts and sites.

• Like 2

Don't believe it.......

doug

I you search for Dogubayazit, Turkey in google Earth/maps (make sure to center on the town). Take E80 west until you hit E99 and follow it south. Do not take the turnoff to Cetenli. E99 will make a hairpin turn to the west. Right when it makes that turn, you’ll see several “terraces” to the south. Look at the third terrace. I think that is our ship?? It appears to be a collapse of a sub structure. But there’s no way to tell if this is just erosion or that there is something buried there?

They also dicovered the Egyptian chariots underneath the Red Sea.

• Like 1

ark2wh.jpg

Well, it certainly looks like something that settled in mud a long time ago. The mud hardened and the structure has decayed. But it also looks like glacial moraine. The feature is indeed unusual but not so drastically different from the surrounding terrain. But the following picture, I think, gives us the full story.

ark2.jpg

This looks like an ancient mud slide. And this structure was just denser than the surrounding material and rode the slide down. Although with that said, it still doesn’t preclude that the Ark could have settled further up on the saddle. That would explain why that structure was more solid than its surroundings. They claim that high carbon content is there but that could also be remnants of a grove of trees that the mud slide buried. To date, I still haven’t heard if they’ve pulled out timbers or not but the GPR is just inconclusive. It’s obvious that they are interpreting what they want to see. I definitely think that this needs to be explored further.

The anchor stones are interesting but they could have been placed there by the Byzantines. That one is near this structure would indicate that it was obvious to be a resting place to the Byzantines and I would go as far to say that it was Theodora that had these stones placed. I believe she had an affinity for religious artifacts and sites.

You raise some quite well thought of holes to pick from and I see and understand where you are coming from.

I agree it still needs alot more research, but Turkey's government is not as friendly as you would think when you claim you are trying to dig up "God's Boat" out of their backyard, especially if you're not Turkish. No offence, I can agree if I ran the country I would perfer the country that contains it to find it, it's just human :P.

I like the point they showed about the bibles resting place for the boat is Mount Arrarat which is REALLY close to where they have this site. The biggest clincher for me was the GPR's findings, not only did it show results finding what it did for the top of the structure the same patterns/lines as they expected for a boat showed in the sides of the structure. If it wasn't for the Earthquake they never would have got as far as they did. I really appreciate the team that did this research as they were sure they know what it is, they still show their skeptism and keep their cockyness to a minimum top points for that. It's the shape, location and after effects of the earthquake that does it for me.

I'm not a big churchie or anything like that, but over the last findings of an actually great flood happening in the Middle Eastern area, I don't mean it effected the entire world, but it could have been a massive tsunami for those times and still these times as well.

I agree with your theory of it could have been a Byzantine ship. Doesn't explain the location of where it lays now unless it was being massively transported or a sinkhole happened a long time after the great flood which allowed the water to lay dormant whilst the boat moved couldve been a natural disastor as they were traveling, there is so much you could put to it with the anchor stones being decorated like they are, but are massive compared to a normal Byzantine anchor stone. But even to the point of the type of metal found is perfect for that era.

The only thing that made me warry is; a) it's a Religious Claim. B) the constorted shape.

B) has an partial excuse you can apply but it doesn't "solve" the issue, after being stuck and the deteriating out ways as to how the GPR's findings would explain that within saying, similar if you opened a casedela or watching a bowl crack from the inner bit.

If it's not a boat of anytype when it comes down to it, we might be looking at a very earl model of a trojan horse possibly.

Appreciate the constructive comments everyone.

Edited by chopmo

There is several pyramids and terraces in Australia, the one in the Hunter Valley has a hyroglyphic story on it. People have also found ALOT of rammases II merchandise (if you will) hidden in the bush and very weird places they have been found. There's also a story of them being stranded and wounded here. Which would explain the more caramel skin colour of the aboriginals in southern parts, North queensland and Northan NT they sport curly hair after breeding with the trading papua new ginean tribes and wa they have flat straight from breeding with the trading malaysia and southern asia. Being ancent tribes it's spectacular that we can notice the differences by certain periods in time in their people now.

Lol point being egyptians were everywhere. So it would not suprise me if there were dumped bodies from a possible washout to the deadsea in very past times.

This would push byzantine theories as well considering, correct me if I am wrong but weren't they a civ made from Rome and Egypt :S or at least strongly involved with the two.

Yeah. and the katakana script om the wheels was translated, saying, "Made in Japan".

Before getting into questions of where Noah's Ark came to rest, should we be asking the question "did it exist at all?"

I'm convinced that it didn't based on some fairly simple marine engineering concepts as detailed in this episode of Skeptoid (you can read the transcript or listen to the podcast):

http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4279

"The long and the short of it — no pun intended — is that there's no precedent for a wooden ship the size of Noah's Ark being seaworthy, and plenty of naval engineering experience telling us that it wouldn't be expected to work. Even if pumps had been installed and all hands worked round the clock pumping, the Ark certainly would have leaked catastrophically, filled with water, and capsized."

There's also the little tidbit that it would have taken more timber than was available in Noah's part of the world to build the thing.

It's just a fun bible story folks. Nothing more.

Before getting into questions of where Noah's Ark came to rest, should we be asking the question "did it exist at all?"

I'm convinced that it didn't based on some fairly simple marine engineering concepts as detailed in this episode of Skeptoid (you can read the transcript or listen to the podcast):

http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4279

"The long and the short of it — no pun intended — is that there's no precedent for a wooden ship the size of Noah's Ark being seaworthy, and plenty of naval engineering experience telling us that it wouldn't be expected to work. Even if pumps had been installed and all hands worked round the clock pumping, the Ark certainly would have leaked catastrophically, filled with water, and capsized."

There's also the little tidbit that it would have taken more timber than was available in Noah's part of the world to build the thing.

It's just a fun bible story folks. Nothing more.

It ran aground next a big bugger off mountain in the middle of pretty much desert, what other proof do you need to say it might have not been a quality build :P. I'm not trying to say Noah gather EVERY animal aswell. My point is, is the story of a big ass boat being built to saving their kind from a mass disastor if so, why the boat? did they ever look at just migrating? how did they know to build a boat? how did they know how big to make it? and the process of it all. Maybe if we can found who originally commissioned it, it could quite possibly reveal the original story before translation of sects passed on to sects.

With the more than timber comment? do you mean metals would've have to be used as well, because they did say throughout that clip they have found metals more than likely common in that time before the big boys were made (metalwise). Even in the dirt composition on the top of the object, it has metals through it but nothing around or beside.

Edited by chopmo