Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jodi Arias Trial

docyabut2

Now you've got it right. It's a statement made about a universal group of people, highly correlated to Nancy Grace viewers to be sure. Yes, people ARE guilty of rushing to judgment and violating presumption of innocence, yes. I take Due Process very seriously as that is our rule of law, and thankfully so. That's a very big deal when REAL life is concerned. This is about more than the life and death of one person regi, and we seem a bit too eager to double down on the death side of things, jmho of course.

No, you were addressing the posters in this thread when you said "armchair prosecutors", and the posters you were referring to were the posters with an opinion of guilt.

YOU"RE the one an apparent fixation on Nancy Grace, and you insinuate that it's because of Nancy Grace that people have opinions!

Don't "universally, highly correlate" ME with Nancy Grace viewers, and suggest that it's because of Nancy Grace or anyone else for that matter, that my opinion is what it is!

My opinion is based on the EVIDENCE, and it's right there in front of you, and if you can't see it, then NO ONE can help you see it.

I HAVE NOT rushed to judgement. I know what the evidence is and I've formed an opinion about what it shows.

Maybe you haven't recognized this, but sometimes, there's evidence in a case which leaves no doubt, and the trial is the process of law when a defendant refuses to plead guilty to charges made by the prosecutor.

This is one of those cases. Apart from premeditation, the only question I see for the jury is whether or not they believe that Arias "forgot" ...because that AIN"T self defense on that body.

You say you'll reserve judgement...B.S. You've expressed opinions, and you've also attempted to defame Alexander's character!

You grandstand about "innocent until proven guilty". Hello? We ARE NOT in a court of law, and if we were in a court of law, I definitely WOULD NOT want you on the jury! (Unless I were A GUILTY defendant :lol: )

Edited by regi

Hi all, there is a photo found in the camera of Joni holding Tavis`s inguire body at 5,31 June 4. It shows her foot, pant leg and the top of his bloody head, The photo was shown in the court room, its hard to find it on the net.I posted it once but it disppeared, Maybe someone can find it. But to me it says a lot in the time line of how Travis was killed.

• Like 1

Is the Jury not locked away in a nice hotel without access to media that could influence them? (Excuse my ignorance)

El, jury is instructed to avoid all media about the case.

And...don't worry about whether or not Arias will receive a fail trial. Since this is a death penalty case, the defense has been granted leniency (in the interest of possible future appeals) that it otherwise would not have been afforded.

• Like 2

Eldorado, and Yamato, since you both have expressed concern over this issue, what effect did public opinion (and I'm including pretrial publicity) have on the Simpson and Anthony verdicts?

• Like 2

Eldorado, and Yamato, since you both have expressed concern over this issue, what effect did public opinion (and I'm including pretrial publicity) have on the Simpson and Anthony verdicts?

I'm not really concened at all. I was merely wondering why it was creating such interest on UM as opposed to the thousands of other murder cases that are ongoing around the world, but now I know. It's 'live', so to speak and has saucy ingredients plus plenty of blood. :)

She is however, guilty or not, entitled to a fair hearing. As we all are, in a fair & just society.

• Like 1

She is however, guilty or not, entitled to a fair hearing. As we all are, in a fair & just society.

Well, of course, that's a given, but my question illustrates there's no reason for concern that public opinion will effect a verdict because those two cases demonstrate that it won't; both of those defendants received verdicts favorable to them despite an overwhelming amount of pretrial publicity and when the vast majority of the public believed strongly in their guilt.

Also, of course, I know juries can get it wrong, and no matter what the Arias verdict is, I will still strongly believe in her guilt, just as I still believe strongly in Simpson's and Anthony's guilt.

• Like 2

The defence showed a picture of small peice of rope .

Detective Flores says pieces of rope were found on the staircase, bedroom and bathroom.

The defense presented evidence of rope? There was no mention of rope in Flores' report.

• Like 1

The defense presented evidence of rope? There was no mention of rope in Flores' report.

3:52 p.m. ET: Detective Flores and Prosecutor Martinez are going back over where pieces of rope were found at the crime scene.

3:50 p.m. ET: Martinez is having Flores read over more Facebook messages between Alexander and Arias. Now Martinez in reviewing a photograph on a piece of rope found at the crime scene

http://www.hlntv.com...odi-arias-trial

Edited by docyabut2
  • Like 1

That was my interest to, how this soft spoken girl could have done such a horriable thing. The weapons ,so far they don`nt have the gun.Jodi said on the stand the gun she used was Travis`s gun in his closet, that she threw in the dessert after the defence killing. Friends say Travis never own a gun. There a gun that was stolen from Jodi grandmothers house that they say was the same type gun that killed travis.The knife was in the dishwasher,wash and cleaned. The only proof they have of Jodi being there is the bloody hand print, hers hairs and the photos found in the camera that were in the washer machine dated June 4, the day he was killed. Jodi does admit she killed travis in self defence, with his gun. but how the defence is going to prove that is beyond me.,with no gun as the evidence and to who`s gun it was. To prove premeditation, the proscution has to prove she brought that gun of her grandmothers with her.`Im not sure, but I don`t think they have found that gun of yet.

I agree with you. Premeditation will be hard to prove. All they have for that is circumstantial evidence. Still, there is enough for me to believe the murder was premeditated. I think she went to Travis' house to kill him if he didn't change his plan of taking another girl to Cancun.

Thank you for your replies, cousins! :)

I was thinking that I had missed something e.g. the guy was famous in some way, but i can see now it's just one of those cases which has all the ingredients that the media, and ourselves, love and they have latched onto it.

I hope you don't think I was having a shot at anyones interest in the case; if it's covered so widely and intensely it's natural in my opinion to have a look-see and form an opinion. A bit hard to avoid, in fact. I just hope the woman gets a fair and honest judgement that hasn't been influenced by public opinion. We all deserve that, no matter the crime.

I know what you mean. I've been on some forums where most of the people post really juvenile messages about Jodi Arias that have nothing to do with the trial. They hate her. I prefer a forum where evidence is discussed and theories are explored.

• Like 1

Thank you.. I'll view it later.

Is the Jury not locked away in a nice hotel without access to media that could influence them? (Excuse my ignorance)

Great question! I don't know.

• Like 1

No, you were addressing the posters in this thread when you said "armchair prosecutors", and the posters you were referring to were the posters with an opinion of guilt.

YOU"RE the one an apparent fixation on Nancy Grace, and you insinuate that it's because of Nancy Grace that people have opinions!

Don't "universally, highly correlate" ME with Nancy Grace viewers, and suggest that it's because of Nancy Grace or anyone else for that matter, that my opinion is what it is!

My opinion is based on the EVIDENCE, and it's right there in front of you, and if you can't see it, then NO ONE can help you see it.

I HAVE NOT rushed to judgement. I know what the evidence is and I've formed an opinion about what it shows.

Maybe you haven't recognized this, but sometimes, there's evidence in a case which leaves no doubt, and the trial is the process of law when a defendant refuses to plead guilty to charges made by the prosecutor.

This is one of those cases. Apart from premeditation, the only question I see for the jury is whether or not they believe that Arias "forgot" ...because that AIN"T self defense on that body.

You say you'll reserve judgement...B.S. You've expressed opinions, and you've also attempted to defame Alexander's character!

You grandstand about "innocent until proven guilty". Hello? We ARE NOT in a court of law, and if we were in a court of law, I definitely WOULD NOT want you on the jury! (Unless I were A GUILTY defendant :lol: )

I think it's very possible to form an opinion and then to change that opinion in the face of new evidence or new understanding. Common sense has a place in forming opinions too.

• Like 1

Hi all, there is a photo found in the camera of Joni holding Tavis`s inguire body at 5,31 June 4. It shows her foot, pant leg and the top of his bloody head, The photo was shown in the court room, its hard to find it on the net.I posted it once but it disppeared, Maybe someone can find it. But to me it says a lot in the time line of how Travis was killed.

I would like to see that photo!

I would like to see that photo!

They showed the photo only again briefly today in the court room,but never really question Joni to much on it. I suppose the jury is wondering the same thing.

The photo is of Joni`s backside holding Travis`s bloody body.

here it is

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/01/09/arias-picture-session

Edited by docyabut2
  • Like 1

These were photos in the camera found in the wash machine, it appears to me the blue stripe is on joni shirt and her arm is holding travis bloody body and thats his foot below ,and no is explaining how this photo could have been taken.

• Like 1

They showed the photo only again briefly today in the court room,but never really question Joni to much on it. I suppose the jury is wondering the same thing.

The photo is of Joni`s backside holding Travis`s bloody body.

here it is

http://www.hlntv.com...picture-session

Thank you very much. Pretty stupid to take a camera to a murder.

These were photos in the camera found in the wash machine, it appears to me the blue stripe is on joni shirt and her arm is holding travis bloody body and thats his foot below ,and no is explaining how this photo could have been taken.

I've studied the picture and I have no clear idea of what I'm looking at. If that's her behind then who is taking that photo?

I've studied the picture and I have no clear idea of what I'm looking at. If that's her behind then who is taking that photo?

Joni was taking photos of Travis in the shower, the last picture of Travis alive in the camera was at 5. 29 in the shower and this photo was at 5.31.Maybe the camera was still in a picture mode when she dropped his camera and started stabbing him .Her testimony was Travis got mad at her when she dropped his camera on the floor. Who knows, but it is puzzling.

• Like 1

HI! DOCYABUT2...Her name is JODI not Joni... That pic has been shown throughout the trial. They believe either the camera dropped or perhaps on a timer.. definitely an accident. Creeepy though that her LOVE was photography, & the pics were her downfall...

Edited by missterri

It's also creeping me out a bit that I believe her when I KNOW she is a LIAR......BUT SHe NEVER wavered from her story..... she was up against a very powerful and feared lawyer...she LISTENED to the prosecutors questions so carefully and did not let him put ONE WORD in her mouth, no matter how leading his questions were.. I dont feel he tripped her up... I feel she was telling the truth on the stand & never changed it. .even so, I'm not sure that I believe it was self defense, although it could be because he certainly was no angel. &I dont think that it was premeditated at all.....I think she went there to try to get him to love her one last time & then when she knew he didnt, she SNAPPED & went into a rage... I believed the crying on the stand was real & from losing him and shame at what she did. The picture of him dead and bloated in the shower has been the hardest one for her to look at throughout the trial... & for me it is the WORST one too. The talking heads kept saying that one was nt even bloody and seem to think she was just putting on an act of fake tears. I just dont think so. On the other hand I have cried for Travis and his family...SO VERY SAD, SO UNFAIR.... He had so much to live for....I am just glad I am not on that jury.

Edited by missterri
  • Like 1

I said I watched her show one time in years. Your "fixation" dispelled.

I insinuate because Nancy Grace's audience form their opinions from Nancy Grace? No, I flat out state that they do. People don't think for themselves, they rely on the junk food they see on their boob tube to form their opinions for them. The examples of this are endless. This moral hazard has taken us to war and resulted in the death of millions. It's the primary reason why we have the unsatisfactory dolts in Congress and the White House that we do. It's the essence of our moral and financial bankruptcy in this country. This is just another ghastly appendage of the same societal beast.

I didn't attempt to defame Alexander's character. He defamed his own when he said the trash on the "sex tapes" that he did. Any man who blathers that a 12-year old girl is "hott" needs to get his head on straight.

Yes we are in the court of law, what do you think this trial is? A circus act for your entertainment? Jodi Arias is innocent until proven guilty. Your extreme bias on this matter does not change the color of right or nullify the most sacred rights of our people.

Nancy Grace viewers are led to believe that people are guilty when they turn out innocent in the end. "Universally" means not personally. "Highly correlated" means that there's a relationship between watching Nancy Grace and believing in the guilt of the accused, which you have been crystal clear is your own opinion whether you watch Nancy Grace or not. This presumption of guilt is a theme of that vampire bat's show in case after case, after case. You've rushed to judgment on this matter multiple times on this thread when you state that "...she killed Travis...". I can dig up those instances if I must but I don't care about you and you shouldn't care about me. Let us stick with the facts, and stick with the story. Let us not get personal. This isn't about me and it isn't about you. I could care less about you or me. Boring...

We will agree to disagree because as it stands, you have no hope of changing my mind with responses like these. Good day, and please try to remember the importance of Presumption of innocence and Due Process in our legal system.

Edited by Yamato
  • Like 1

Making human trash famous, for one thing. Highlighting the worst of humanity instead of the best. A massive waste of resources; revealing a gossipy nosy herd of an audience.

I have no interest in Jodi Arias's ultimate fate. I'm not going to change my opinion about Nancy Grace's daily trash because there's a correlation between that trash and not-guilty verdicts. Arias should be given a fair trial, all the facts should be considered, and the rule of law should prevail. Period.

• Like 2

Making human trash famous, for one thing. Highlighting the worst of humanity instead of the best. A massive waste of resources; revealing a gossipy nosy herd of an audience.

I have no interest in Jodi Arias's ultimate fate. I'm not going to change my opinion about Nancy Grace's daily trash because there's a correlation between that trash and not-guilty verdicts. Arias should be given a fair trial, all the facts should be considered, and the rule of law should prevail. Period.

I agree with so much of what you said.... but you lost me when you said you dont care about the fate of the PEOPLE involved... have you been following the trial?

• Like 1

I agree with so much of what you said.... but you lost me when you said you dont care about the fate of the PEOPLE involved... have you been following the trial?

Awwww it's nice to be agreed with, every once in a great while. :)

Though I'm sorry I lost you, to say that I care would imply that I have an emotional interest in the outcome of this case. I do not. Maybe if someone sat me in a room and forced me to watch wall to wall coverage and analysis, the emotional centers of my brain would light up and I'd be good and ready to make my decision already.

I just want the rule of law to prevail, despite the opinions. My care for all else, notwithstanding.

• Like 2

Just watched a bit after this read this thread and all I can say about it is that it is one of the most entertaining things I've seen on TV in a while.

I honestly can't tell if she is guilty or innocent from the part I saw alone, the forensics are pretty much botched, the people involved are hilarious, you couldn't write a better sarcastic comedy if you tried. Then the media outlets on top of it. Coming to the conclusion that she is a psychopathic killer and claiming the lawyer is a genius by playing with an emotionally unstable person who makes bad choices, when makes her emotionally unstable by verbally attacking her then asking really bad yes or no questions, to make it look she makes bad choices. He is literally walking himself in to a non-guilty verdict by the jury and he doesn't even have a clue. Hopefully the rest of the trial wasn't played out like this.

Personally I don't really care about the outcome, just that it goes down the right way.

• Like 2