Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jodi Arias Trial

docyabut2

I can only find this stating that the National Enquirer printed this story. Has it actually been covered in court?

Generally if someone miscarries a child, they need medical treatment. Even if the person decides to let the miscarriage occur naturally without a D&C, follow up ultrasounds would be needed to ensure no tissue is left behind as it can be dangerous. And surely there would be some evidence if this occured?

Plus it's likely she would have told someone at the time ..... a friend or a work colleague. She was probably just a bit late one time.

• Like 1

Even her own defense know she is guilty, they are not even denying it. If they thought she was innocent they would be pleading "not guilty...not self defense!

Arias' lawyers are hoping that a sympathetic portrayal of Arias as Alexander's physically and emotionally abused girlfriend will bolster her claim that she killed Alexander in self-defense. Arias stabbed her lover 27 times, slashed his throat, and shot him twice in the head in 2008, two years after they met and began their sex-fueled affair.

No, self defense is not guilty.

No, self defense is not guilty.

Was replying to the "guilty of what" they are not denying that she killed him.

I suggest that they consider their source.

Specifically re: the texts in evidence in this case, those should be viewed in their entirety. Also, people should view them for themselves because comments about them- including their very content- aren't based on accurate information.

I don't have a direct link to the texts, but they can be found with a little research.

Gosh regi - it sounds like you're calling someone a liar. How odd. Facts are facts. Everything else is a story about the facts.

Here's a link:

- Court testimony and screen shots of verbatim text messages. i.e. source.

No cherry picking here. You can get decent screen shots of the spreadsheet detailing the communications, pause the clip & enlarge so you can read them yourself w/o lawyers and witness discussion.

Hey all... Just heard on the news that the jury will be sequestered.

Inaccurate is not the same as lying.

regi ~ no, it's not, but that's not what you implied with your choice of words; 'consider the source'. I perceived the insult intended, and no big deal, I don't care enough to be that insulted, a bit maybe, but I will call a spade a spade, regardless. Not asking for clarity, mind you. I don't believe it's achievable at this point.

Up to now I've gone to lengths to use court testimony as my information source since so much media is focused on this case and it's muddied the waters badly with disinformation, manipulation of facts, and the general manner in which the HLN-Nancy Grace school of thought distort facts so badly as a rule. Not a worry though. Nothing personal there, they just hunger for ratings, it's a paycheck. Hard to say what motivates others behavior who follow this case.

was hoping for closings to begin today, so I dropped in, but darn. more testimony. Is the jury even awake?

• Like 1

that's not what you implied with your choice of words; 'consider the source'.

I didn't (and wouldn't) consider you a source.

I didn't (and wouldn't) consider you a source.

the source in this case being the previous posts you were disclaiming in your post, this is the reference made & I'd guess you were/are clear about that. A bit edgy, but hey, I see how deeply your feelings seem to run over this case. I would never presume to consider myself 'source', and have been diligent in pulling info from court clips once the Nancy Dis-Grace Channel went viral with this case in every media format... facts got harder to come by. The package they're selling is widely represented if you rely on news online for the most part, as I do.

I hope you enjoyed JM's closing. I have read how highly you regard him.

I watched it and found but myself wondering what all the fuss is about. He doesn't strike me at all as a skillful orator. At times I even considered him a bit country-bumpkin-y, and is as guilty of cherry-picking evidence as the defense is. Neither side of this case is admirably represented, IMO. I started watching Nurmi's closing but it was flat and disjointed (so far), so I stopped. But at long last, it will soon be in the hands of the jury, and over.

• Like 1

Well the verdict should be in tomorrow ,what do you think she`ll get? I guessing frist degree murder .

• Like 1

Please just strap her to the gurney so we don't have to listen to Nancy Grace droning on about her.

• Like 2

I think its clear that Jodi did plan to kill Travis, but when she got there decided to make him really suffer frist.:(

• Like 1

One quick fact, Jodi is hot.

This is puzzling to me! :lol: Are you saying that because you know she will do slutty things, or because you think she looks hot? Because I think she looks plain verging on ugly!

I see how deeply your feelings seem to run over this case.

My feelings run deep for any perceived injustice, whether it's seeing victims further victimized, or if it's wrongful convictions.

This is puzzling to me! :lol: Are you saying that because you know she will do slutty things, or because you think she looks hot? Because I think she looks plain verging on ugly!

Oh, I wouldn't have even asked because I know a quick fact too and it has nothing to do with Arias! :lol: (If she was ever hot, that was a looooooong time ago. :lol: )

• Like 1

The jury is finally out on this. I guess the only thing they are debating is the death penalty,... for Nancy Grace.

• Like 1

From my cold dead hands would you sentence her to death were I on the jury. She's mentally ill folks. While there is evidence pointing out her guilt, I can see there is plenty of room for mercy here as well.

Uh... both lol.

• Like 2

One quick fact, Jodi is hot.

Maybe so but (singing to the tune of 'too fat polka') 'you can have her I don't want her she's too mean for me'....

• Like 1

From my cold dead hands would you sentence her to death were I on the jury. She's mentally ill folks. While there is evidence pointing out her guilt, I can see there is plenty of room for mercy here as well.

No offense, Yamato, but may I ask why? It sure looks like she planned it. I grant you she may be mentally ill, though. Still, does that excuse or exonerate or extenuate (hope that's the right word) premeditated murder?

Of course because she will do "slutty" things. She has been made to look ugly for the trial. She's not ugly. Not real hot though either.

• Like 1

Notes re the 16 page message, around 15 minutes into part 2 of day 41, as per http://jodiariasisinnocent.com/jodi-arias-trial-video-3-jodi-arias-is-innocent-team-jodi/jodi-arias-trial-video-day-41-jodi-arias-is-innocent-jodi-arias-not-guilty/

"I have rarely heard words strung together as they are in this instant message."

16 pages of abuse.

Specific words are important. Name calling versus character assassination.

In the 16 pages:

What a freakin whore.

He accuses her of going on to the next dick.

He tells her her words are worthless.

He hates her.

She's caused him more pain than the death of his father.

She's a rotten lunatic.

He's never dealt with a more solid form of evil.

She's nothing but a liar.

She lives a life identical to satan.

She's a three hole wonder.

She ought to get tips for giving bjs.

She never loved him.

She's got a ****'s job.

Who freaking cares about you you're worthless. You're a b****.

You're lies make your life worthless.

You're taking up people's air.

You don't care. You don't know what horror you've caused me.

You're a laughing stock.

You don't care about anything but Jodi.

He blames her for a lot of the pain he feels in his own life.

He tells her he was nothing more than a dildo with a heartbeat to her.

You're demented.

I guess what everyone is wondering is what Jodi said or did to Travis to make him so angry in the texts. Some say maybe it was the sex tapes she had over him or her accusing him of liking little boys and exposing everything to his new girl friend or what. In said on the news what ever it was Jodi was threating to get a lawyer on the text message. I know recording some one is iilegel, so maybe it was the sex tape.

Personally, I don't need the defense- or the prosecution for that matter- to tell me how I should interpret evidence, and to take a statement or statements out of context and offer an explanation(s) is far from an accurate presentation of evidence.

In the May 26th text, we see that Arias responded, but what she said isn't there to see. We do see, however, that when she did respond, she appeared not only coy, but oblivious, and that's after having been referred to as a sociopath!

Strange, to say the least.

Anyway...............

Alexander expressed anger in the text of May 26th, but he also expressed a great deal of hurt. Well, the hurt certainly came first, and I don't know what Arias did, but whatever it was, Alexander was very offended and deeply hurt and angered by it.

His use of the words 'sociopath' and 'scammed' are very telling in that they offer insight into the nature of whatever it was. (Even in anger we don't normally refer to people as a 'sociopath' and accuse them of 'scamming'.)

I believe she definitely breached his trust, and did so in a very devious and calculated manner.

I noticed words Alexander didn't use- which is what Arias claimed he said to her when she claimed he came after her that day. Of all the not-so-nice words he used, he never referred to her- or said to her- before, what she claimed he said later.

I also noticed that he used the word 'freakin' in that same May 26th text- which indicates to me that he didn't normally use bad language.

Edited by regi
  • Like 1

Here's what I've seen as the texts from May 26th, 2008, presented consecutively, as recorded. (Typos are as they appear in the texts.)

(4:08:16 Incoming) A2/2N response from you about it. Deal?

(7:59:15 Outgoing) I sent you a response to your dire conversation, that I hope youread because you need to read it. Maybe it will spark human emotion in you something that only seems to exist when it comes to your own problems. But everyone is just a part of your sick agenda. By the way, your pic comment to Danny Jones makes you look like a pure whore, even more to the people who know you. You should be embarrased by it. If he knew what I knew about you, he'd spit in ur face. Sow ould every one else. I have never in my life been hurt so bad by someone. But why do I even say it because you wouldn't care. It doesn't serve your evilness.

(8:35:02 Outgoing) You couldn't get off your lazy butt to to read it could you. That's the sociopath I know so well. It freakin' figures.

(9:11:11 Outgoing) I don't want your apology I want you to understand what I think of you. I want you to understand how evil I think you are. You are the worst thing that ever happened to me.

(9:14:02 Outgoing) You are a sociopath. You only cry for yourself. You have betrayed me worse than any example I could conjure up you are sick and you have scamed me.

(9:16:06 Incoming) I dont have an email from you? Which email did you send it to?

(9:16:39 Outgoing) Ur facebook

(9:17:44 Incoming) Hmm, I didn't get an email notice about it but I'll check it now.