Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jodi Arias Trial

docyabut2

So then what happen after that? Could the scenario really be that she did start stabbing him as he went down the hall, and slit his throat at the end of the hallway, then dragged his body back to the shower? The only thing maybe someone can point out to me, in the photo showing her dragging his bleeding body, where did it take place only two to three minutues after the last photo of Travis being alive

jodi17n-3-web.jpg

• Like 1

It appears that a knife attack occurred in the hallway, and that Alexander was down in that location for a certain period of time. (that's due to the amount of blood, and the pattern of the blood; and that foot prints show a lot of movement in that one location).

A lot can happen in a few minutes, so....

That photo could have followed the hallway attack and the image could show what immediately followed the neck wound (that's observing the area from which the blood appears to originate, and the direction of the blood flow... and that the position of the body offers opportunity to inflict a wound of that nature).

Edited by regi

She took the gun and threw it in the dessert .........

She threw the gun into a PUDDING? :o

• Like 1

It appears that a knife attack occurred in the hallway, and that Alexander was down in that location for a certain period of time. (that's due to the amount of blood, and the pattern of the blood; and that foot prints show a lot of movement in that one location).

A lot can happen in a few minutes, so....

That photo could have followed the hallway attack and the image could show what immediately followed the neck wound (that's observing the area from which the blood appears to originate, and the direction of the blood flow... and that the position of the body offers opportunity to inflict a wound of that nature).

Surprisely after listening to some of the Jury` s questions to Jodi, I`m starting to believe her story. I agree a lot can happen in a few minutes.She did say she dropped the gun after it went off by the sink, but he kept comming at her. She must have picked up the knife that was in the bathroom that she did say earlier was there, and was used to cut the rope he tied her up with in the sex act .So she must have kept stabbing him as he was trying to get out of the bathroom, down the hall where she cut his neck , then dragged his body by the legs back into the bathroom by the shower where the camera was kicked, taking that picture of her lifting his body back into the shower.

To add I think she does remember the stabbings,but to horiffic to admit , as far as the self defence her account may be believable.

• Like 1

One question to Jodi, how did you have enough time to grab the gun with Travis right behind you? What I got out of some of her replys put together, was when she ran down the hall way into that end of the closet and slammed the door, Travis may have hesitated a little being all wet, before he ran down the hallway and when he got to the closet and saw the door shut, ran back down the same hall way to the other end of the closet in the bathroom, but Jodi was already there by the sink with the gun,thats when he tackled her like a line backer ,her falling back and the gun going off . Seems believiable, what do you think? I guess that why some of the Juriers were asking were there locks on the closet doors.

Edited by docyabut2
  • Like 1

Re: that juror question about the closet doors, maybe they wanted to hear from Arias why she would run into a closet for protection if the doors didn't lock....or if they did lock, why she didn't lock them, or if just what she would say about her knowledge of whether or not they locked.

Anyway, it sounds to me that they find doubt in her story.

I don't know if it's been asked where precisely in the desert she ditched the gun. (I'm just wondering if it's been specifically stated that it's something else she claims not to remember.)

The burglary to her grandparents home isn't logical, for many reasons.

For one thing, I don't think there were indications of a break-in; I think it was believed that a particular door was entered, but I don't know if it was determined how it was entered.

2) The home (to me) seems to be an odd choice for a random burglar.

3) The TV was dated, and so we can reasonably assume that the stereo and DVD player (which were reported missing) were also dated, so it could seem odd that they'd be taken.

4) A very large amount of change (all appearing to be quarters) was visible near the gun cabinet. It's odd that that wasn't taken, yet Arias claimed that $30.00 was missing from her room.

5) Only the .25 caliber gun was taken, while other guns in the cabinet were not.

None of the items reported missing have been recovered.

• Like 1

Re: that juror question about the closet doors, maybe they wanted to hear from Arias why she would run into a closet for protection if the doors didn't lock....or if they did lock, why she didn't lock them, or if just what she would say about her knowledge of whether or not they locked.

Anyway, it sounds to me that they find doubt in her story.

I don't know if it's been asked where precisely in the desert she ditched the gun. (I'm just wondering if it's been specifically stated that it's something else she claims not to remember.)

The burglary to her grandparents home isn't logical, for many reasons.

For one thing, I don't think there were indications of a break-in; I think it was believed that a particular door was entered, but I don't know if it was determined how it was entered.

2) The home (to me) seems to be an odd choice for a random burglar.

3) The TV was dated, and so we can reasonably assume that the stereo and DVD player (which were reported missing) were also dated, so it could seem odd that they'd be taken.

4) A very large amount of change (all appearing to be quarters) was visible near the gun cabinet. It's odd that that wasn't taken, yet Arias claimed that $30.00 was missing from her room.

5) Only the .25 caliber gun was taken, while other guns in the cabinet were not.

None of the items reported missing have been recovered.

I don't remember when or how the gun was discovered missing. Did the grandparents check on the gun a lot? i assume it was not in plain sight. Anybody know?

Gee guys I am starting to believe her whole story, even though she did lie to cover it all up. She might have feared for her life, but the horiffic way she ended Travis`s life was wrong, which to me was just nothing but pure rage. She could have ran out of the bathroom after the shooting.If I were to convict her,life.

• Like 1

Gee guys I am starting to believe her whole story, even though she did lie to cover it all up. She might have feared for her life, but the horiffic way she ended Travis`s life was wrong, which to me was just nothing but pure rage. She could have ran out of the bathroom after the shooting.If I were to convict her,life.

I want to believe her. I keep trying to believe her. But what she did makes no sense at all. I don't hold lying to LE against her. She knew she was in trouble so she lied. People do that. Bottom line: I don't think Travis physically abused her. She should have plead temporary insanity. Now that I could believe.

Is it impossible to believe that Travis Alexander attacked her and she responded in a rage with an all-out retaliation? After so much bizarre language from him about rape, sodomy, pedophilia, bondage and force control, it's not impossible to me and far from it.

Self defense and these wounds aren't mutually exclusive. It can be an act of self defense that conceivably turned into a murder in the midst of a violent battle. And that's even if she did it, which nobody seems to be questioning but me.

If she took a Polygraph and failed on the answer Yes that she killed Alexander, then Yamato's controversial standards of belief would get some respect. Conversely, if she answered Yes and passed, I'd let my doubt go. If this girl was "psycho" or "insane" then we shouldn't even be trusting what she says about what she does or doesn't remember. She's on trial in a death case, she's obviously going to do everything in her power to get out of this predicament, as would we all. Using that as the primary prosecution tool is the clearest sign of a weak prosecutor who isn't asking for a much more rigid standard of proof that we have the power and the technology to deploy. Hard to believe I'm the one asking for the better prosecution and providing ways to get it, yet I'm being shunned for what I think I need to believe in guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.

I thoroughly enjoy watching her work the prosecuting attorney. How is he, with all his education, not able to out smart her on playing words...that's what his whole life and career is based on and he lost pretty much every round to her. I believe Alexander was a preditor and he knew her weakness and he used it to his advantage. I do NOT believe he was this sweet wholesome guy he portrayed himself to be. I think he was d*ck and I think he played a huge part in his own undoing. That being said, I do believe she is guilty but not of first degree murder. I don't think she's mentally well at all. I think there's some real deep seeded issues she's never delt with and I think she needs a hospital, not a prison. She's a very sick person and she needs help. I feel sorry for her and both families.

• Like 1

I’ve found this really interesting to read the comments here and the news coverage from the States. This isn’t a big deal here in the UK, I haven’t seen anything on the news at all. Someone linked earlier to a Daily mail article and that is the first I have seen it mentioned in a UK paper. I asked my husband and he had never heard of either of them, or the story itself.

In my opinion, after reading everything here, I believe she is guilty of murder. And not because she said she killed him (as Yamato said, she lied about other things maybe she lied about that too), but I believe it because I feel that is what the evidence points to.

With her Grandparents gun getting “stolen”, hiring a car and filling canisters with fuel so she didn’t need to stop, changing her hair colour, taking the battery out of her phone..... to me, all this things indicate that it was pre-meditated.

I don’t think he was an angel, but I think she was a willing participant. I think she enjoyed that kind of scene just as much as he did. She didn’t want him to go off on a break with another woman, she wanted him herself. That does not sound like the kind of woman who was getting abused to the extent she said he did. And the whole “young boys” things, would any woman on here continue a relationship with someone, and keep that secret for them, if you knew your boyfriend was in to young boys????

I don’t think the way she reacted after his death either are the actions of an abused woman who killed a man in self defence. Obviously no one knows how they would react in that kind of situation. I would think that if I killed someone, the first thing I would do is call the police. I wouldn’t start cleaning up, throw the camera in the washing machine, move the body, throw away the gun I used, leave a voice mail making it sound like I was never there and didn’t know he was dead and then send flowers to his grandmother! That is covering your tracks, not the actions of someone who accidently killed a man who was attacking you. I would assume you would be shocked and upset and not thinking straight at all. ***obviously this is just my opinion and subject to change if I read about new evidence LOL***

Edited by Moon Gazer
  • Like 4

I’ve found this really interesting to read the comments here and the news coverage from the States. This isn’t a big deal here in the UK, I haven’t seen anything on the news at all. Someone linked earlier to a Daily mail article and that is the first I have seen it mentioned in a UK paper. I asked my husband and he had never heard of either of them, or the story itself.

In my opinion, after reading everything here, I believe she is guilty of murder. And not because she said she killed him (as Yamato said, she lied about other things maybe she lied about that too), but I believe it because I feel that is what the evidence points to.

With her Grandparents gun getting “stolen”, hiring a car and filling canisters with fuel so she didn’t need to stop, changing her hair colour, taking the battery out of her phone..... to me, all this things indicate that it was pre-meditated.

I don’t think he was an angel, but I think she was a willing participant. I think she enjoyed that kind of scene just as much as he did. She didn’t want him to go off on a break with another woman, she wanted him herself. That does not sound like the kind of woman who was getting abused to the extent she said he did. And the whole “young boys” things, would any woman on here continue a relationship with someone, and keep that secret for them, if you knew your boyfriend was in to young boys????

I don’t think the way she reacted after his death either are the actions of an abused woman who killed a man in self defence. Obviously no one knows how they would react in that kind of situation. I would think that if I killed someone, the first thing I would do is call the police. I wouldn’t start cleaning up, throw the camera in the washing machine, move the body, throw away the gun I used, leave a voice mail making it sound like I was never there and didn’t know he was dead and then send flowers to his grandmother! That is covering your tracks, not the actions of someone who accidently killed a man who was attacking you. I would assume you would be shocked and upset and not thinking straight at all. ***obviously this is just my opinion and subject to change if I read about new evidence LOL***

I agree. It all points to pre-meditated.

• Like 2

I agree. It all points to pre-meditated.

The hair color- photos showed Jodi`s hair a lighter brown, in a later photo a darker brown and as she said dyed her hair twice in few months. If she was planning to disquised herself, would`nt she have dyed the hair dark once, then lighting the hair back.

The gun and the burglary.If it was Jodi that did the burglary plus taken a TV a stero and and dvd player, would`nt there have been trace of where she had taken the stuff , a storage unit. a friend , ect.

Gas cans - people always take extra gas crossing the desert.

• Like 1

The hair color- photos showed Jodi`s hair a lighter brown, in a later photo a darker brown and as she said dyed her hair twice in few months. If she was planning to disquised herself, would`nt she have dyed the hair dark once, then lighting the hair back.

The gun and the burglary.If it was Jodi that did the burglary plus taken a TV a stero and and dvd player, would`nt there have been trace of where she had taken the stuff , a storage unit. a friend , ect.

Gas cans - people always take extra gas crossing the desert.

I'd say any of those things on their own wouldn't be strange, but considering it all ended up with her killing someone then they sound like more than coincidence to me.

• Like 2

I don't know too many women that would allow themselves to be used sexually, that haven't suffered some form of abuse in their life. And yes I said used because I don't think she was a willing participant in the sense that she knew it was going now where with him. I think he made it seem as though he loved her and was going to marry her someday and she believed him because she loved him. I think he did abuse her mentally and emotionally. I don't think she enjoyed any scene....I think she wanted this man, who treated her very poorly, to love her. Now why would anyone want to be with someone if that person treated them so bad? Um idk how about pick up pyschology book and read about how much of a roll a dad/male figure plays in a girls life and what kind of impact having a not so good one can do. Idk about her childhood but I can only assume something was lacking in order for her to seek the love of someone like she did. Again, I think she is guilty but not of 1st degree murder. He could have very well prevented this whole thing had he done what was morally right and not taken advantage and used her.

• Like 1

I thoroughly enjoy watching her work the prosecuting attorney. How is he, with all his education, not able to out smart her on playing words...that's what his whole life and career is based on and he lost pretty much every round to her. I believe Alexander was a preditor and he knew her weakness and he used it to his advantage. I do NOT believe he was this sweet wholesome guy he portrayed himself to be. I think he was d*ck and I think he played a huge part in his own undoing. That being said, I do believe she is guilty but not of first degree murder. I don't think she's mentally well at all. I think there's some real deep seeded issues she's never delt with and I think she needs a hospital, not a prison. She's a very sick person and she needs help. I feel sorry for her and both families.

I agree with you. I think Travis destroyed an already damaged woman. He encouraged her delusions when he wanted sex. Then he broke her heart over and over again. That said, she murdered him and I believe it was premeditated. I think she needs to be in prison for the rest of her life to protect society.

• Like 1

I don't know too many women that would allow themselves to be used sexually, that haven't suffered some form of abuse in their life. And yes I said used because I don't think she was a willing participant in the sense that she knew it was going now where with him. I think he made it seem as though he loved her and was going to marry her someday and she believed him because she loved him. I think he did abuse her mentally and emotionally. I don't think she enjoyed any scene....I think she wanted this man, who treated her very poorly, to love her. Now why would anyone want to be with someone if that person treated them so bad? Um idk how about pick up pyschology book and read about how much of a roll a dad/male figure plays in a girls life and what kind of impact having a not so good one can do. Idk about her childhood but I can only assume something was lacking in order for her to seek the love of someone like she did. Again, I think she is guilty but not of 1st degree murder. He could have very well prevented this whole thing had he done what was morally right and not taken advantage and used her.

If I was to believe that she wasn't a willing participant and that she was indeed used and abused by this man, then yes I could totally agree with your statement. However I don't believe that, we only have her word for it. Unfortunately the only person (still alive) who knows the 100% truth is Jodi.

Just out of interest, I know she changed her story from knowing nothing, to masked burglar, to self defense. But when did she submit that final plea? Was it early on after she was arrested? I was reading on a news site earlier that said it was 2 years after being arrested that she eventually pleaded self defense. Does anyone know if that is true or just media hype.

• Like 2

The only way anyone would be a willing participant in that situation is if they had the upper hand and/or it was an equal playing field. Which in this case neither of those would be true on arias part or else she wouldn't had felt the need to kill him. Ya where do I sign up to participate in sexual activities with a man who treats me like crap EXCEPT for when he wants to get off and doesn't benefit me at all?? That sounds like every woman's dream!! Haha come on now give me a break.

• Like 1

The only way anyone would be a willing participant in that situation is if they had the upper hand and/or it was an equal playing field. Which in this case neither of those would be true on arias part or else she wouldn't had felt the need to kill him. Ya where do I sign up to participate in sexual activities with a man who treats me like crap EXCEPT for when he wants to get off and doesn't benefit me at all?? That sounds like every woman's dream!! Haha come on now give me a break.

But how do we know he treat her like crap apart from her saying so? I'll admit to not listening to all the tapes and reading all the details of the trial so correct me if I am wrong, but she sounded (to me) to be getting off on that kind of stuff as much as he was. Any violence and mis-treatment has only been mentioned by her since she changed her statement (or are there witnesses and evidence proving it apart from her saying it is true)?

• Like 2

Jodi Arias Jurors Aren't Satisfied With Her Excuses For Mutilating Her Ex

PHOENIX (AP) — Jurors in Jodi Arias' murder trial made it clear they aren't satisfied with her stories about why she killed her lover, then methodically covered her tracks and couldn't recall much of anything from the day.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/jodi-arias-jurors-arent-satisfied-with-her-excuses-for-mutilating-her-ex-2013-3#ixzz2Mxhbi0F4

doesn't look too good for Ms Arias

• Like 2

Because if he would have treated her good he'd probably still be alive...that's probably one of the biggest indications he wasn't the nicest to her. But also because if you watch her on the stand she tries to avoid completely trashing him. She'll say things he'd done or said in an almost nice way and then a lot times follows it up with a way to defend his actions or make them seem lesser and even when certain things are brought up about him, things he said in emails(which they have as proof) that aren't very nice she almost seems to defend him in a way, which is a pattern so often seen from abused women.

• Like 1

Because if he would have treated her good he'd probably still be alive...that's probably one of the biggest indications he wasn't the nicest to her. But also because if you watch her on the stand she tries to avoid completely trashing him. She'll say things he'd done or said in an almost nice way and then a lot times follows it up with a way to defend his actions or make them seem lesser and even when certain things are brought up about him, things he said in emails(which they have as proof) that aren't very nice she almost seems to defend him in a way, which is a pattern so often seen from abused women.

Or it could be an indicator she was a jealous obsessed woman who used sex to keep him coming back to her, secretly recording their phone sex conversations so they could be used to blackmail him?

And of course she would defend him, she is trying to paint this picture of an abused woman who just fell in love. She doesn't want the jury to believe she can be cruel or nasty herself.

I don't know, I only have my opinions, as do you.

• Like 2