Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Brit Charged Over Threats To Kill US Students

Beckys_Mom

A 24-year-old is charged with making online threats to kill 200 US school children and has been remanded in custody.

Detectives have charged a British man in connection with alleged threats to shoot dead 200 children at a US school.

Sky Tyne and Wear reported Northumbria Police arrested Reece Elliott, 24, from South Shields, on Friday on suspicion of making threats to kill.

An anonymous post made on Wednesday on a Facebook memorial page set up for a deceased student threatened a mass killing spree, saying: "I'm gonna kill hopefully at least 200 before I kill myself."

Elliott has been charged with making threats to kill, and was remanded in custody after appearing before South Tyneside Magistrates Court.

He entered no plea, and offered to visit the local police station every day to avoid being remanded in custody.

When magistrates decided against this, he puffed out his cheeks and shook his head.

The prosecuting solicitor had earlier told the court: "I am not so sure this defendant knows just how serious this case is."

Homeland Security in the US was informed of the comments, and the threats led schools in Warren County, Tennessee, to tighten security.

Some reports said as many as 3,000 students did not attend classes the next day.

The post said: "My father has three guns. I'm planning on killing him first and putting him in a dumpster. Then I'm taking the motor and I'm going in fast" "I'm gonna kill hopefully at least 200 before I kill myself." More on this -> http://news.sky.com/...ill-us-students

What a tool, and it looks as if he tried to make them think he was an American, by posting up - dumpster.. Brits don't call them dumpsters, they are called skips..The cretin needs to be made an example of..Posting that is just plain sick

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 2

cnt believe people get there kicks from doing stuff like this, so insensitive. i apoligise on behalf of us brits

• Like 2

Lock him up for at least 25 years, can`t take any chances with nutters like this. There should also be a law that the lefty do gooders are NOT allowed to try and justify his actions or they will get banged up too!

I do not care if he was poor, on drugs, an alcoholic, brought up in the wrong area, got into the wrong group, or could not afford to buy the latest blackburry, he is a danger to society...end of!

• Like 2

cnt believe people get there kicks from doing stuff like this, so insensitive. i apoligise on behalf of us brits

I apologise on behalf of the human race.

• Like 4

Lock him up for at least 25 years, can`t take any chances with nutters like this. There should also be a law that the lefty do gooders are NOT allowed to try and justify his actions or they will get banged up too!

I do not care if he was poor, on drugs, an alcoholic, brought up in the wrong area, got into the wrong group, or could not afford to buy the latest blackburry, he is a danger to society...end of!

You have lock away and nutters in the same sentence. That doesn't lead to good things.

• Like 1

Morons like this think they are being clever and rebelling. But the truth is, they are the reason our freedoms are being taken away.

What an idiot.

It's harder to defend our right to have privacy and post anonymously on the internet when muppets do stuff like this.

Edited by Coffey
  • Like 2

A threat to kill isnt as bad as killIng, 25 years is a bit steep. this guy should shamed and punished because hes a insensitive a**hole who gets kicks by trolling at the extreme. remember that the purpose of jail isnt just punishment but rehabilitation. we could fill our prisons with name callers and people who make sick threats but id rather leave the room for paedophiles, rapists and Murderers.

the punishment should match the crime, other than jail for 25 years what punishment would you suggest?

Edited by Armchair Educated

I would not be surprised at all if this person was denied entry if he ever wanted to visit the US later on at some point in his life. I suppose he didn't think of the consequences of this act.

I also suppose he didn't think at all of the ripple effect this would have. Or well, maybe he did think and he just didn't consider that he'd get in some serious trouble for it.

I would also not be surprised if this guy was sentenced to a life without ever being near a computer, owning a computer, or being allowed to get back on the Internet, like how they will sometimes determine this as punishment for hackers.

Maybe this guy really does have some mental problems, because there was no humour in it -at all- so this isn't a case of it just being a poor sense of British humour and Americans just didn't get the joke.

The is the local TV news station for that area. Here is their report: http://www.wkrn.com/story/21019824/warren-county-school-threat and this is the second report: http://www.wkrn.com/story/21086940/british-man-arrested-in-alleged-warren-county-school-threat

And as a Tennessean I will say that the TBI will -not- let this go lightly. And I utterly hope that this guy gets -all- that he deserves, from my personal view.

What an ficulean foppotee. (worthless simpleton).

(If the tone of this post sounds harsh, then I am sorry for that. I can assure all British people that my fellow Tennesseans will not hold this one person's poor lack of judgment accountable to the entire population of the UK.)

Kind Regards.

Sandy hook has made an impact many places apparently .

Why anyone thinks they can say that,even if they're not in the USA,and not be reprimanded in some way,given the present emotional climate ,is foolhardy

• Like 3

As part of his punishment i agree with asadora that he should be denied access to the united states for life. its a good thing that with gun regulations in America that he wouldnt of been able to get his hands on a gun if he went to America.

i dont believe in handing him over to the americans but i do think we should punish him to show this kind of behaviour isnt acceptable.

im not sure what the british precedent is for punishing this kind of behaviour. in ott trolling insults im reminded of the Olympic british diver who was trolled about his dead father (R.I.P)

theres also the autistic computer hacker who hacked into american high security

Edited by Armchair Educated
  • Like 1

A threat to kill isnt as bad as killIng, 25 years is a bit steep. this guy should shamed and punished because hes a insensitive a**hole who gets kicks by trolling at the extreme. remember that the purpose of jail isnt just punishment but rehabilitation. we could fill our prisons with name callers and people who make sick threats but id rather leave the room for paedophiles, rapists and Murderers.

the punishment should match the crime, other than jail for 25 years what punishment would you suggest?

This is more my line of thought. He should have to publicly acknowledge his misdeed and apologize for it OR possibly be fined heavily. Considering his inability to actually follow through on the statement I couldn't see putting him in jail for cruel intention or stupidity. The jails aren't big enough to hold everyone guilty of that.
  • Like 1

You have lock away and nutters in the same sentence. That doesn't lead to good things.

"Lock him up for at least 25 years, can`t take any chances with nutters like this."

OK make it for life then.

Better still, use them for experiments in the labs.

Edited by freetoroam

As part of his punishment i agree with asadora that he should be denied access to the united states for life.

===========================================

I think you should take him off our hands now.

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 1

As part of his punishment i agree with asadora that he should be denied access to the united states for life. its a good thing that with gun regulations in America that he wouldnt of been able to get his hands on a gun if he went to America.

i dont believe in handing him over to the americans but i do think we should punish him to show this kind of behaviour isnt acceptable.

im not sure what the british precedent is for punishing this kind of behaviour. in ott trolling insults im reminded of the Olympic british diver who was trolled about his dead father (R.I.P)

theres also the autistic computer hacker who hacked into american high security

I agree with the bolded parts.. I also remember a sick troll posting about the Olympic divers father... Trolls have no brains or sense.. I have yet to see a troll with any sense .. Trolls find this sort of thing funny, and that's the worrying part..

• Like 2

I agree with the bolded parts.. I also remember a sick troll posting about the Olympic divers father... Trolls have no brains or sense.. I have yet to see a troll with any sense .. Trolls find this sort of thing funny, and that's the worrying part..

Thats because they think they are some kind of keyboard warrior, when in fact they are bedroom hermits who ofter turn out to be no braver than a mouse face to face with a cat.

• Like 1

Thats because they think they are some kind of keyboard warrior, when in fact they are bedroom hermits who ofter turn out to be no braver than a mouse face to face with a cat.

That best describes internet trolls..

Edited by Beckys_Mom

What's worrying about this is that you'd think at the age of 24, this prat would have had more flaming common sense. Mind you, I've come across older folk who are just as idiotically stupid....

With luck, several things will happen to the chap. He'll at best lose the chance to visit the US at any point in the future, our lot will hopefully stick him whatever list there is (and if there isn't one, there ought to be) to bar him from even appyling for a passport (c'mon, you want this kind of twit to go overseas?, Bloody hell, it's bad enough he thought posting this crap was a sensible idea!) and he'll get a nice hefty fine.

Actually, it might be an idea to let him visit the US, and go to the school he hacked off. Let him meet the student body, the teachers, and of course the local police. I dare say they'd LOVE to give him a hearty shake of the hand. Plus a good stout wring of his neck and a boot up the jacksy....,

Shamed? what good what that do? he would probably love the extra publicity. The reason that he has not carried out his threats is because he is herminating (I made that up and like it) in his bedroom on his laptop.

Prison would be ideal, but WITHOUT access to another laptop.

But his type get bored very quickly, i bet he started out doing low key trolling and it has progressed over time to this, whats his next move? to progress to actually carry these threats out, I believe so, so 25 years, is actually far too short, IMO.

But, other than 25 years punishment.....a very in depth look at his mindset would have to be done and then take it from there....as well as finding a way for him not to have access to a computer for a long time, trying him to use a computer without trolling is not going to happen, (not for a long long time)he is an addict, and there is nothing to say he will not start again once he gets his fingers on one..

I know what i am trying to say, but I feel the whole thing could take up a whole page, give me time to find out how to condense it in my mind.

:whistle:

I hope the above post says most of it.

Edited by freetoroam