Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Aliens not contacting us.

fran123

When you watch the news on television. or read the newspapers, most of the content is about conflict. No matter what or where the country is, all we hear about is death and destruction. If there are alien civisilisations, would they be wiling to have contact with beings from another planet if all they do is constantly murder and maim each other? Do they maybe just see us as a bunch of savages, who would probably shoot first and ask questions later? I'm sure there must be intelligent life somewhere out there but if you were a civilised peaceful species from another world, would you really want to be the one to make first contact with humanity? I know I wouldn't.

• Like 2

Easy answer. No

We may be under scrutiny or maybe not,but if we are I guess the guys who are surveying us know that if they do come here they are in for a very rough ride,If I was Alien I would be heading in the other direction as fast as possible.

I seriously doubt it, I know i wouldn't But I would be watching their TV equivialent if for no other reason than to learn about them

Looks like most of us will agree that If E.T`s are watching us ,Like I think they are ,Will stay far away and just watch, Sorta Like Reality T.V. almost enough to make one Sick !

And E.T is way too smart to Get Sick !

would you stop 2 families fighting on the streets ? the answer is no ! we humans are egoist ,we would watch that fight and bet money on one of them and laugh,(maybe aliens do the same hahaha ) we humans are only thinking about ourselves .

I'm sure there must be intelligent life somewhere out there but if you were a civilised peaceful species from another world, would you really want to be the one to make first contact with humanity? I know I wouldn't.

off course you wouldn't ,YOU ARE A HUMAN .

and if i were an alien i would only make contact. if all the humans are united, and have 1 identity ''earthlings''.

we still call ourself ''Americans, Asians, Europeans, Chinese, name it .we are still divided , so who do i need to make contact with ? an american or an chinese ?

i would say . let them fight , and the winners ll unite the world .we have contact with other peaceful species (using them),steal their technology, after that ,we are rdy to go into space and have an identity .then we fight for planets agains other species ,

and after we have won the battles agains the other species and have united all the species from our galaxy .. we ll just go to the next galaxy and do the same :D hjahahahaha

oi oi we are humans after all .. the only thing we are thinking about is having power above all others .

annihilation of earthlings thats the only way to bring peace to the galaxy hahaha ..

Using their own history of technological development as a guide, extraterrestrials may foresee a time when we will be traveling in stellar space. Our violent nature could be very concerning to to them. Mightn't they want to begin making limited contact with us, encouraging us carefully in the direction of peacefulness?

They might accomplish this by showing themselves gradually, causing us to increasingly think of ourselves as one species and one planet; realizing that we are one among many in a peaceful, law-abiding, inhabited galaxy. Doing this would, seem to be in their own best interests. Failure to do so might allow to turn up violently on their doorsteps some day.

The alternative of wiping us out preventatively, now, or when we begin to penetrate stellar space seems a far less civilized course. It would also be a dreadful waste of a species (us) that shows a lot of promise, and is of great inherent value.

Using their own history of technological development as a guide, extraterrestrials may foresee a time when we will be traveling in stellar space. Our violent nature could be very concerning to to them. Mightn't they want to begin making limited contact with us, encouraging us carefully in the direction of peacefulness?

They might accomplish this by showing themselves gradually, causing us to increasingly think of ourselves as one species and one planet; realizing that we are one among many in a peaceful, law-abiding, inhabited galaxy. Doing this would, seem to be in their own best interests. Failure to do so might allow to turn up violently on their doorsteps some day.

The alternative of wiping us out preventatively, now, or when we begin to penetrate stellar space seems a far less civilized course. It would also be a dreadful waste of a species (us) that shows a lot of promise, and is of great inherent value.

This is why they just might let us travel into our solar system,but not past that into Interstellar space.Maybe they will Zap us way out so we never know what happens to our explorers ! Sad IF that were to Happen.

When you watch the news on television. or read the newspapers, most of the content is about conflict. No matter what or where the country is, all we hear about is death and destruction. If there are alien civisilisations, would they be wiling to have contact with beings from another planet if all they do is constantly murder and maim each other? Do they maybe just see us as a bunch of savages, who would probably shoot first and ask questions later? I'm sure there must be intelligent life somewhere out there but if you were a civilised peaceful species from another world, would you really want to be the one to make first contact with humanity? I know I wouldn't.

I suppose that would depend heavily on their motivations. Malevolent aliens wouldn't care one way or another and in fact would see a divided enemy as easy prey. Benevolent aliens would likely want to end the conflict and promote peace. That only leaves the indifferent variety, which would probably rather stay hidden regardless.

• Like 1

I suppose that would depend heavily on their motivations. Malevolent aliens wouldn't care one way or another and in fact would see a divided enemy as easy prey. Benevolent aliens would likely want to end the conflict and promote peace. That only leaves the indifferent variety, which would probably rather stay hidden regardless.

So which ones are the U.F.O guys that some one in the world sees every day.

There could be many reasons why we havent been visited.

http://www.fermisparadox.com/

Space is really big! Maybe intelligence is too scarce for contact to be possible.

[media=]

[/media]

There is no way to break the universal speed barrier,... faster than light travel is not possible?

No star gates, no wormholes, no shortcuts?

Edited by Hazzard
  • Like 2

I think that any otherworldly being is simply too far away from us to establish contact. I also think that is for a reason by whatever force/power that created -our- universe. Maybe none of us (all cosmic beings/terra beings) aren't supposed to contact each other, which is why our blue dot is within the middle of nowhere and it appears that we are alone in our section of space.

And because we are Human, we'll never stop dreaming, wishing or wondering 'Are we alone', but perhaps at some point we will all have to consider that maybe we are -not- meant to obtain the answer to that question.

I personally do not believe it has anything to do with our behaviours on this planet. It's difficult to even assume on the behaviours of another species, especially if they are otherworldly. We can only attribute them the same traits and conscience to what we only know, which usually means that is how -we- would act. They could be just sitting and watching us, finding us humourous or so utterly dreadful that they can't help but to watch. Or they could absolutely not care at all. Either way you look at it, or think of otherworldly beings, those thoughts will always have human qualities, because that is who we are and that is all we know.

We see ourselves 'destructive' and 'war hungry' and we also consider those two things to be negative. Who is to say that otherworldly beings see this as just finding a way to survive and that is why they don't make contact. Maybe they already figured out that it's simply not meant to be.

There is other life out there, because it would be highly foolish to think otherwise. I just believe that the Big Out There is just way too huge and vast and as everything is slowly moving away from everything else, which makes me believe that the ability to make contact is too difficult of a hurdle to get over and that could very well be -the point- as to why were are in the location we are in. Our planet is so precise, so well 'put together' that there is plenty of evidence to say that it was intelligently created. We are protected from the Sun. We have water. We are able to sustain life. We have this perfect livable air that we breathe. We all know that Nature is not perfect, yet we have the only 'perfect' planet in our solar system. It's not down to a 'How' was all this possible or even 'When' did this possibility begin, but 'Why'. For me that is my number one wondering, 'Why this planet. Why this solar system. Why this section of space.'

Good thread, OP. :tu:

• Like 1

We may be under scrutiny or maybe not,but if we are I guess the guys who are surveying us know that if they do come here they are in for a very rough ride,If I was Alien I would be heading in the other direction as fast as possible.

If you assume "they" are watching us, it means by definition they are way more advanced then we. So a good comparison would be a couple of modern antropologists flying overhead and watching stone-age tribal warfare and cannibalism in the djungles of New Guinea. Would they get involved? Would they even want to?

There is no way to break the universal speed barrier,... faster than light travel is not possible?

No star gates, no wormholes, no shortcuts?

Too bad, buddy. Just put on your tin-hat, get the popcorn and go back to your Star Treck episode.

• Like 2

Too bad, buddy. Just put on your tin-hat, get the popcorn and go back to your Star Treck episode.

facepalm_jim_76437.jpg

Edited by Hazzard
  • Like 2

I doubt if there are aliens watching us that they are surprised by what they see; they would have come into existence through the same evolutionary processes as we.

The emphasis here seems to be on all the troubles we have, and we have troubles, but the human race is doing fine and making steady if uneven progress.

Actually I don't think they are watching us; they would long ago have said, "hello." All the reasons people invent for why they wouldn't have are full of holes.

• Like 1

Without all the misanthropic thoughts that seem to be the general excuse I will go with the they simple haven't been here and even if they have tried to contact us via radio, lasers, semaphores, robotic carrier pigeons or whatever it hasn't reached us or we missed it.

I find it odd that a lot people assume aliens are either angelic, living in perfect harmony with one another, or evil, wanting to destroy all the lesser scum out there and step on their glasses and take their lunches. I'd think that even an advanced civilization would have the same issues as any other civilization. Different beliefs, different politics....ideas everything that makes us human. Why would time and evolution erase that fact? Just my opinion but it would seem to me that evolution requires there to be niches and roles to be filled, whether they be physical or ideological (NO I do not have anything to back that, just seems to make sense to me if that matters).

So we could be visited by aliens who's agenda could be just as confusing as twp groups of people here on earth. Initially it could be peaceful and then the factions within could end up changing, not necessarily for the worse.

All in all, distance is the barrier and until someone can work out a way to, if possible, break that light barrier...I think it will be a long time, if ever, that we meet "them". JMO.

• Like 2

Why would you think they wouldn't be as barbaric and cruel as we are? Just because you have the tech to zip through space doesn't mean you're still not an ***hat.

WHy not ? We are watching Aliens every day on our boarders ! I think that If E.T is really out there,Then Indeed they are watching. ANd for sure are not going to get any closer than they need too. Afterall just flip on the nightly news anywhere in the world and see for yourselfs what we do here on Earth ! Not very good at Marketing our Commucation skills Eah? We seem to Kill just about everything we can,Eat most of that ,and waist all the rest !

Including our own Kind. :td:

My word what a bunch of pessimists; the aliens want to either do us in or have us do us in. Wake up and smell the flowers.

My word what a bunch of pessimists; the aliens want to either do us in or have us do us in. Wake up and smell the flowers.

Lots of doom and gloom, I agree,... I blame Hollywood.

Lots of doom and gloom, I agree,... I blame Hollywood.

I blame way too much spare time on ones fingers ! :tu:

I am sure that anything which has the technology to fly through the Universe, get safely through the milky way, then after passing the likes of Jupiter, our fighting would seem like kids stuff to them.