Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Fox Bites Off Baby's Finger In Cot Attack

Still Waters

Also why would they even mention boris?

That's the media...Hype it up and get people worried over something that may not happen.. Unless now you like to look at the media as those who will tell it like it is and not exaggerate and pump fear !!

The foxes would not be in the inner cities if the food was not thrown on the floor encouraging them in. Not only that, its not hygienic for the children or adults when the area is treated like a ghetto.

Was taking a walk with my husband and dog earlier, some one had dropped their unfinished fast food in the street, my husband said " how? how can someone just think 'I have finished with that, do not want any more, so I will just drop it here'?

my answer to him was, thats the problem, they do not think!

Same goes in the inner cities when people can not be bothered to get rid of their rubbish properly because they think its down to the councils to sort it out! My old council would not collect rubbish bags if they were not in the bins provided, this meant that we were then left with black sacks on the street for another 2 weeks while the foxes were having a field day with them. So the councils also have a lot to answer for.

ps: they were not my black sacks,

The child will probably have a phobia for anything that resembles a fox, poor thing.

Might not though, it is only a few weeks old, it may not remember ...

That's the media...Hype it up and get people worried over something that may not happen.. Unless now you like to look at the media as those who will tell it like it is and not exaggerate and pump fear !!

I see the media as a tool for agendas, and that is a proven fact. The media can change what everyone wants by pumping fear into people.

So yes yes I am worried that they will bring fox hunting back due to the medias hate campaign. That's my whole point formt he start. It was the media we can thank for Iraq and Afghanistan. (Rupert Murdoch purposely made all his papers push for the Iraq war, he had a lot to gain from it)

Edited by Coffey
  • Like 1

The foxes would not be in the inner cities if the food was not thrown on the floor encouraging them in.

Which is absolutely true, you are right with that.. If they are going to do something about the foxes, I would say the more sensible approach would be to quit leaving rubbish out in the streets for foxes Foxes will take food were they can get it.....A rubbish bin is the ideal place for them along with hungry stray dogs and cats .

• Like 1

I see the media as a tool for agendas, and that is a proven fact. The media can change what everyone wants by pumping fear into people.

Which by the looks of it, has worked on you !!

Which by the looks of it, has worked on you !!

LOL, not the way i mean though.

It causes people to fear foxes which in term causes legalisation of fox hunting. That is their agenda.

My fear is that people fall for it.

Edited by Coffey

My fear is that people fall for it.

It hasn't made me think they are dangerous, and anyone else with the sense to know better .. They are however pests to farmers

Here is 3 different stories fromt he past 2 days of dog attacks on children:

http://www.cambridge...og-11022013.htm

http://www.burnleyci...by_in_Kelbrook/

http://www.bbc.co.uk...w-west-21401475

There is thousands more on google, i stopped at 3 cause I didn't want to spam.

My point being, they aren't shoved in our faces or have Mayors/goverment commenting on them.

It hasn't made me think they are dangerous, and anyone else with the sense to know better .. They are however pests to farmers

I've seen more than 20 odd idiots on facebook calling for Fox hunting to be brought back and loads more asking for a cull. Just becuas eof this news story.

You might not be easy to "brainwash" but the majority of people don't know how to think for themselves.

Edited by Coffey
  • Like 1

Fact is, none of us were there, we don't know the full story....

....... which got me wondering: how do we know for sure it was a fox that attacked the baby? Do we just have the mother's word? I really can't believe that a fox would prise open a door and go inside looking for food, and whatever was wrong with the door was it really left wide open at this time of year? The last time a baby was allegedly attacked by a fox(and that baby was upstairs!), it occurred to me that the family dog/cat had been the culprit, which could look like negligence on the parents' part, and so they said it was a fox ........ lots of sympathy immediately thrown their way and no blame! In that previous case the 'expert' said the fox could have been encouraged to go in the house because it found the smell of the dirty nappy attractive!!!!!! Gimmee a break ...... since when have foxes eaten s**t out of choice?

My point being, they aren't shoved in our faces or have Mayors/goverment commenting on them.

So, stories about babys and children being attacked by certain animals, should not be reported ?. We must be careful on what cases we wish to report in case it upsets animals lovers? So cherry pick the news !!

I've seen more than 20 odd idiots on facebook calling for Fox hunting to be brought back and loads more asking for a cull. Just becuas eof this news story.

For every one person that chants - Kill the foxes, I am sure there are many more to chant Shut up you stupid moron, foxes do not go on the hunt to attack children.. This was a rare case .

Edited by Beckys_Mom

....... which got me wondering: how do we know for sure it was a fox that attacked the baby? Do we just have the mother's word? I

Experts would be able to tell who or what attacked the baby... They can tell from examining the wound..

So, stories about babys and children being attacked by certain animals, should not be reported ?

Kinda confused hwo you got that from what I said.

I was making the point all the attacks by dogs on children where not blown out of propertion and pushed in our faces. So my point is more the oppisite of what you said. They should all be reported equelly,

For every one person that chants - Kill the foxes, I am sure there are many more to chant Shut up you stupid moron, foxes do not go on the hunt to attack children.. This was a rare case .

Don't need a mojority to change it, just enough support.

Kinda confused hwo you got that from what I said.

Your beef is with the media pumping fear into everyone to get the foxes hunted right?.. So because of this, I felt I should ask you - Should we only report certain attacks done to babys and children? We must be careful on what cases we wish to report in case it upsets animals lovers? What do you think?

Your beef is with the media pumping fear into everyone to get the foxes hunted right?.. So because of this, I felt I should ask you - Should we only report certain attacks done to babys and children? We must be careful on what cases we wish to report in case it upsets animals lovers? What do you think?

I made it clear by making my points about the dog attacks on children/babies that they should be equelly reported on. Which they are not as I have shown.

The fox report has had massive amounts of media coverage being thrown into our faces with comments from the mayor and everything, where as the dog ones are little reports with hardly any attention.

I made it clear by making my points about the dog attacks on children/babies that they should be equelly reported on. Which they are not as I have shown.

The fox report has had massive amounts of media coverage being thrown into our faces with comments from the mayor and everything, where as the dog ones are little reports with hardly any attention.

I have seen stories reported about children being mauled by pit bulls, and people chanting ban ownership of those dogs Some will want all pit bulls to be put down ...

Only time will tell if they bring back fox hunting or not..

I have seen stories reported about children being mauled by pit bulls, and people chanting ban ownership of those dogs Some will want all pit bulls to be put down ...

Only time will tell if they bring back fox hunting or not..

There has been a ban on teenagers owning these dogs in inner cities. many of the dogs were taken away.

As for fox hunting, in the rural areas yes, but can not see them shooting the foxes in the towns. So the only thing they can do is gather up all the foxes and kill them, which is not only extremely unfair to the foxes, but will still not stop the dirty people from littering the streets with their rubbish.

• Like 2

There has been a ban on teenagers owning these dogs in inner cities. many of the dogs were taken away.

As for fox hunting, in the rural areas yes, but can not see them shooting the foxes in the towns. So the only thing they can do is gather up all the foxes and kill them, which is not only extremely unfair to the foxes, but will still not stop the dirty people from littering the streets with their rubbish.

Those that are too lazy to clean up should have a hefty fine for leaving the rubbish out.. They may as well hand each fox a dinner invite..

I will watch - Come Dine With Me some day and likely to see a fox knocking on someone door as a contestant ..I can just picture the fox holding up his score cards - I give this a 6 out of 10, she didn't toss enough rubbish out lol :P

• Like 1

Those that are too lazy to clean up should have a hefty fine for leaving the rubbish out.. They may as well hand each fox a dinner invite..

I will watch - Come Dine With Me some day and likely to see a fox knocking on someone door as a contestant ..I can just picture the fox holding up his score cards - I give this a 6 out of 10, she didn't toss enough rubbish out lol :P

i still watch it but now theres an awful lot of wannbes on there now. I just do not get some of those people, "never cooked this before" and its something simple like a leg of lamb, or "I don`t like desserts" what? they are on a cooking/hosting show and they say they don`t like half the food!

i can see the foxes round my old neck of the woods given them a 12, tooooo much rubbish.

"I`ve eaten toooo much!"

Fat_fox_by_MidnightJackel.jpg

• Like 1

i still watch it but now theres an awful lot of wannbes on there now. I just do not get some of those people, "never cooked this before" and its something simple like a leg of lamb, or "I don`t like desserts" what? they are on a cooking/hosting show and they say they don`t like half the food!

Yup that's what they do...I hate the complainers and the bickering over and over.. They each read a menu of what the other contestant is serving, and all you hear is - Oh I don't like that whatever it is, and I hope they make it themselves and not store bought

I'd LOVE to see someone on that show put something fancy on their menu like - Golden pasta chicken wonder pot with mushrooms ( to trick them ) ..serve them all up a Golden Wonder Pot noodle in a bowl lol :D

We act out - Come Dine With Me.. I do all the cooking ( as per usual ) and everyone is in the dinning room.. After they finish, Becky perks her head up and says -Because you forgot my starter and you wouldn't let me eat chocolate before dinner, and you call looking after my little brother the entertainment part of the night,... so you just get a 7 out of 10 !! I sit and laugh at her when she comes out with that :P She has noted that I shouldnt feel too badly over it, as Wallie and Misty ( our two cats ) would rate me a 10 because I give them left over meat that no one could finish...

• Like 1

the story is clearly true but I think it's so silly for people crying for a fox cull.

for starters it's one freaking fox! 2: It's an animal, animals don't know what there doing.

3: fox cull won't benefit anyone.

• Like 1

An attack on any child by an animal is tragic and as a parent I feel for the family. These attacks are very rare, but what do we expect, we are increasingly taking away the foxes natural habitat and we waste so much food in our cities that soon it will be the only place a fox can find food.

Boris and his hooray henry friends, would love to use this to their advantage to cull the fox and bring back (or should I say legalize hunts again) but hunts happen still on a regular basis without convictions, in fact David Cameron’s local hunt became the first to be convicted of illegally killing foxes. It is difficult to prosecute when the prosecutors are the ones thwarting the laws, Ministers, Judges , high ranking officers… and these individuals call this a sport, it is barbaric and in humane.

Last November a child lost a finger to a Chihuahua bite, children lose fingers to many dog bites and yet we don’t kill all breeds of dogs that are involved or saddle up dressed like clowns, with a pack of hungry hounds and hunt down all Chihuahua’s.

A fox is a wild animal, with primal instincts and as unfortunate as this case is, these incidents will happen, surely it is more disturbing when this kind of thing is the result of a family pet, one that doesn’t have to scavenge or hunt for its food.

The more we take the natural habitat of the animals we are supposed to share the planet with the more incidents we will have.

• Like 2

I gotta say I find this discussion fascinating. Anything wild running around Ho Chi Minh City is soon captured and put in the stew pot. This applies to pets that you let wander outside. It's not that the people are starving, but that they consider such things delicacies and can sell them at a nice profit.

I notice that in the US you sometimes have rather scary dogs out in packs, and that there is a constant complaint about feral cats eating all the birds. No such things here.

I gotta say I find this discussion fascinating. Anything wild running around Ho Chi Minh City is soon captured and put in the stew pot. This applies to pets that you let wander outside. It's not that the people are starving, but that they consider such things delicacies and can sell them at a nice profit.

I notice that in the US you sometimes have rather scary dogs out in packs, and that there is a constant complaint about feral cats eating all the birds. No such things here.

it would not surprise me at all in some of the foxes ended up on the chopping board in some of the kebab and private fast food shops. They were doing it with rats a few years back, I doubt they would be particular on what species it is. In their own countries they might not care, but they got to realise that here we do!

Now it's just getting silly! The link below is about a 17yr old jogger who claims a fox attacked her ...... chased her even! :rolleyes:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2278519/Clare-Laudy-Terrified-jogger-17-attacked-FOX-sank-teeth-leg-escapes-using-advice-learned-survive-bear-attacks.html