Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Wishing 'the SOURCE' Well

Ashotep

I've had a couple of surgeries and they are no fun. If the pain doesn't get you the pain pills will.

• Like 1

Hopefully it wasn't anything serious! Take care and recover to 100%!

Thanks Hasina.

This time around it was knee surgery. I'm starting to feel better, but I think I'm rushing it a little too much just because I'm anxious to play my drums again. Silly man.

• Like 1

Well, mine involved a heart attack and a chest opening with what I think was a chain saw......surgical quality, to be sure but still a rose by any other name and all that. I hope you didn't have to deal with that. Oh, and if you did, don't sneeze for six weeks. Just trust me on this one.

:no:

Yikes keninsc.

I'm sorry you had to go through that, but I'm glad that you're still with us. I hear you about the surgery. I was shot in the back in 1987. I can't even find the point of entry, but I do have a nine inch long surgery scar from the middle of my chest down to my navel. The shooting only felt like a sting, but the surgery left me in pain for nearly six months.

Thankfully I didn't have to sneeze in all that time.

• Like 1

I've had a couple of surgeries and they are no fun. If the pain doesn't get you the pain pills will.

I agree with you there, Hilander. I don't care for pain meds at all and only take them when I absolutely have to. They not only make me stupid (stupidererer than I already am) but they can cause other serious health problems if taken improperly or for too long.

• Like 1

My one and only surgery was last July and I still have vivid memories about it, even in my dreams sometimes. I stopped the pain killers as soon as I could too.

I was shot in the back in 1987. I can't even find the point of entry, but I do have a nine inch long surgery scar from the middle of my chest down to my navel. The shooting only felt like a sting, but the surgery left me in pain for nearly six months.

It's a shame we have scars to always remind us. .....You never did show me yours :su

You also know I'm only joking :D

I'm really really glad your knee is doing ok from your recent surgery :tu: You'll be doing the Highland Fling in no time!

• Like 1

I had my gallbladder removed by laparoscopic surgery and when I woke up my chest was hurting bad. I think the nurses thought I was having a heart attack. I wasn't though they didn't get all the air out of my stomach. For days I had to sleep propped up until the air worked its way out. For 36 hours I couldn't even drink water because I would throw up. They gave me these pain pills they said I could take two of and I'm glad I didn't. One was almost too much for me.

Once is never enough for me. :D

Oh, you meant the pain pills. Sorry. :blush:

• Like 1

It's a shame we have scars to always remind us. .....You never did show me yours :su

:blush: Now now, you know how shy I am.

You also know I'm only joking :D

:innocent: Uh, huh. :P

I'm really really glad your knee is doing ok from your recent surgery :tu: You'll be doing the Highland Fling in no time!

That sounds intriguing. Care to teach it to me? ;)

• Like 1

...That sounds intriguing. Care to teach it to me? ;)

Don't get too excited...the 'Highland Fling' is just a dance after all.

That sounds intriguing. Care to teach it to me? ;)

lol! Tut tut.... It would be an ideal way to exercise your knee joints, once you're fully recovered that is.

Don't get too excited...the 'Highland Fling' is just a dance after all.

Exactly Lilly, but I suspect theSOURCE knew that already...........didn't you? :st

Exactly Lilly, but I suspect theSOURCE knew that already...........didn't you? :st

Of course...isn't the double entendre and the banter back and forth rather entertaining!

:huh:

:huh:

*You're supposed to think the 'Highland Fling' is something far more risque...then Still Waters and I will tease you about it.*

Edited by Lilly
text change

*You're supposed to think the 'Highland Fling' is something far more risque...then Still Waters and I will tease you about it.*

Of course I knew the Highland Fling is just a dance! I think everyone knows that. I mean, a person would have to be some kind of dullard not to have known that. Oh yeah! Doing the Highland Fling right now! :sk

So the Highland Fling is really just a dance? Dang it! And here I was, standing with my... um... hopes up. <_<

Get well soon, THESOURCE...and be able to do the Highland Fling (or the Harlem shake everyone seems to got into). :su

Ooooo.... when I worked on a Scottish Cruise Ship....this always proved popular as I had brought the only portable stereo on board

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2fizeoT22g

Glad you are feeling better xxxxxx