Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Are Extraterrestrials Really Demons?

No Censorship

We disagree, but you're entitled to your opinion. I don't think that I've ever witnessed a demon or an extraterrestrial. However, I give the benefit of the doubt to some individuals who claim to have done so. I doubt that *all* of them are wrong.

So you feel that some people have seen ET and Demons, or that some people have seen Demons' and they were extraterrestrials?

Why do you feel volume is proportional with validity?

So you feel that some people have seen ET and Demons, or that some people have seen Demons' and they were extraterrestrials?

Why do you feel volume is proportional with validity?

I know and trust the witnesses. One man's face paled when we asked him about a certain event. You can't fake that. It had to do with an exorcism, but it may not be appropriate to share the details on a public forum.

As for extraterrestrials, many people, in many places and many times, describe the same beings. There's a consistency there, which we don't find in other stories. I can't reflexively discount all of their claims, especially since I've experienced strange events that would be mocked as woo-woo by hardened doubters. I don't think that demons are extraterrestrials BTW.

• Like 1

I know and trust the witnesses. One man's face paled when we asked him about a certain event. You can't fake that. It had to do with an exorcism, but it may not be appropriate to share the details on a public forum.

Possibly not, I have no idea of the circumstances, but have absolutely zero faith in an afterlife or the religion thing. As I understand it, that would be the realm of demons. I'd have to see something mighty convincing to consider the supernatural. But as you say, this part of the forum is not the place for a religious discussion.

As for extraterrestrials, many people, in many places and many times, describe the same beings. There's a consistency there, which we don't find in other stories. I can't reflexively discount all of their claims, especially since I've experienced strange events that would be mocked as woo-woo by hardened doubters. I don't think that demons are extraterrestrials BTW.

There is consistency in most stories we know as we are the ones that pass them on. Colourful tales are more likely to be remembered. I cannot understand how that translates to validity though, the plural of anecdote is not data. Those mocked as woo woo are likely to be deserving. I have recently come to the conclusion that people dealing with the ETH wear too many pairs of kid gloves at once. It is tiring, boring, and unproductive to pander to each and every tale and act is if they are all on the same level. They are not, in fact, believers come in two categories as far as I am concerned, the credulous and the academic. I am skeptical of the credulous ETH, but have much faith in the academic ETH, which will not be fond on woo woo sites, but at Universities, or similar recognised learning institutions.

It never hurts to apply practicality ti a situation and see what is left standing.

Strange events do exist, but many we have not even tried to solve, but thrown ET at. Some "craft" reported are just not practical designs for space travel, and we do know enough about space to know it is big. How many witnesses did Roswell have? The count is now 600 I believe. Do you for a second think 600 people saw what was claimed to be a crash incident? Do you think they are still alive? Half of what you hear is simply regurgitated from one media outlet to the other, copied and plagiarised. I do not see that would not turn into global Chinese Whispers. Heck, according to reports the "Ship" that crashed at Roswell was the size of a Volkswagen Beetle. Anyone who thinks something that size is crossing space, well..... just really has not though t through, or has not an inkling of the vastness, and conditions of space, and the requirements of traversing it. This could be forgiven in 1947, but not today. People are deliberately ignorant, and it seems all for the sake of personal entertainment.

• Like 2

Possibly not, I have no idea of the circumstances, but have absolutely zero faith in an afterlife or the religion thing. As I understand it, that would be the realm of demons. I'd have to see something mighty convincing to consider the supernatural. But as you say, this part of the forum is not the place for a religious discussion.

There is consistency in most stories we know as we are the ones that pass them on. Colourful tales are more likely to be remembered. I cannot understand how that translates to validity though, the plural of anecdote is not data. Those mocked as woo woo are likely to be deserving. I have recently come to the conclusion that people dealing with the ETH wear too many pairs of kid gloves at once. It is tiring, boring, and unproductive to pander to each and every tale and act is if they are all on the same level. They are not, in fact, believers come in two categories as far as I am concerned, the credulous and the academic. I am skeptical of the credulous ETH, but have much faith in the academic ETH, which will not be fond on woo woo sites, but at Universities, or similar recognised learning institutions.

It never hurts to apply practicality ti a situation and see what is left standing.

Strange events do exist, but many we have not even tried to solve, but thrown ET at. Some "craft" reported are just not practical designs for space travel, and we do know enough about space to know it is big. How many witnesses did Roswell have? The count is now 600 I believe. Do you for a second think 600 people saw what was claimed to be a crash incident? Do you think they are still alive? Half of what you hear is simply regurgitated from one media outlet to the other, copied and plagiarised. I do not see that would not turn into global Chinese Whispers. Heck, according to reports the "Ship" that crashed at Roswell was the size of a Volkswagen Beetle. Anyone who thinks something that size is crossing space, well..... just really has not though t through, or has not an inkling of the vastness, and conditions of space, and the requirements of traversing it. This could be forgiven in 1947, but not today. People are deliberately ignorant, and it seems all for the sake of personal entertainment.

That has nothing to do with what I said. My point was that if people from ancient Mesopotamia to modern America, from Norway to Nigeria, describe identical beings, their sightings have more validity than isolated ones that haven't been experienced in such a universal (relatively) manner. I also can tell when people are being straight with me about certain events because it's almost impossible to feign physiological occurrences such as the blood draining from one's face when he or she is asked about a very troubling event. I appreciate a certain level of skepticism, but I fully realize that some people will dismiss all claims of the paranormal to the extent that they're indistinguishable from people who reflexively *believe* all claims, no matter how outre they are.

• Like 2

That has nothing to do with what I said. My point was that if people from ancient Mesopotamia to modern America, from Norway to Nigeria, describe identical beings, their sightings have more validity than isolated ones that haven't been experienced in such a universal (relatively) manner.

I believe it does, when I said:

There is consistency in most stories we know as we are the ones that pass them on. Colourful tales are more likely to be remembered.

The Bible has elements that can be traced back to Sumerian Culture, such as the great flood, so why would this theme not be prevalent even today? A good story is a good story.

I also can tell when people are being straight with me about certain events because it's almost impossible to feign physiological occurrences such as the blood draining from one's face when he or she is asked about a very troubling event.

I do not believe you can counter for another belief. Someone might well believe they saw something, and the reasons can be many for that, the person you might be talking to might well believe they have seen something that they have not at all. People have told me they have seen Ghosts, personal people whom I know well, but I feel they are mistaken, either through anticipation, fear, or something imagined, one can be frightened of something that does not exist, in fact that is somewhat common.

I appreciate a certain level of skepticism, but I fully realize that some people will dismiss all claims of the paranormal to the extent that they're indistinguishable from people who reflexively *believe* all claims, no matter how outre they are.

Then surely you would not feel that expressing your personal belief is enough information for a person to carry out a conversation with an extraordinary clam as though it were fact. The paranormal is quite an explanation for something simply not understood. I am of the opinion all things can be understood with time and methodology. For instance, you cannot just say Ghosts Exist, and expect that to be considered a true stament without some very convincing supporting evidence.

That has nothing to do with what I said. My point was that if people from ancient Mesopotamia to modern America, from Norway to Nigeria, describe identical beings, their sightings have more validity than isolated ones that haven't been experienced in such a universal (relatively) manner. I also can tell when people are being straight with me about certain events because it's almost impossible to feign physiological occurrences such as the blood draining from one's face when he or she is asked about a very troubling event. I appreciate a certain level of skepticism, but I fully realize that some people will dismiss all claims of the paranormal to the extent that they're indistinguishable from people who reflexively *believe* all claims, no matter how outre they are.

The reason why people from around the world through out history have reported "the same" things might have something to do with our brains being wired in the same way. The human mind is a powerful and mysterious thing.

A few examples, here.

http://en.wikipedia....Sleep_paralysis

http://en.wikipedia....one_personality

As for people being "honest" in their reports. If they truly believed they saw a ghost its only natural they would react in the proper manner,... adrenalin rush, fight or flight response, blood going where its needed the most, leaving the face, etc,... even recalling the story could be very hard for them.

This is why eyewitness testimony is considered the least credible form of evidence.

Edited by Hazzard
  • Like 3

This is why eyewitness testimony is considered the least credible form of evidence.

Does that mean that people telling UFO stories arent credible evidence that alien starships are visiting our planet???? :unsure2:

Tell that to the fundamentalists. I'd like to hear more about your views on this subject.

I'm not religious. I believe religion is a form of mass control. I was just commenting that the idea of demons having souls, which is not true (in any religion I know of), since they were never human to begin with. Only humans have souls (as the story goes)

Edited by Amerix

psyche, its funny you should mention Rosewell I actually dont believe there was a ship that crashed there but I read something about the government testing on live handicap people and that they were testing how high altitude effected the body. What crashed at Roswell was a balloon with disabled japanese, now these people had deformities due to there various handicaps and thats why people say that they saw humanoid bodies being taken out of the ship. But it really wasnt a ship it was a balloon.

Edited by R4z3rsPar4d0x
  • Like 1

psyche, its funny you should mention Rosewell I actually dont believe there was a ship that crashed there but I read something about the government testing on live handicap people and that they were testing how high altitude effected the body. What crashed at Roswell was a balloon with disabled japanese, now these people had deformities due to there various handicaps and thats why people say that they saw humanoid bodies being taken out of the ship. But it really wasnt a ship it was a balloon.

As stupid as the ET crash sounds to me, I think I actually prefer it before that one. :wacko:

• Like 1

I'm still waiting to see the "laws" suggesting demons are real and have a right to an attorney and free trial ....

OMG what I wouldn't give to see a demon and his ex-host arguing on Judge Judy or some such....that would be rich.
Edited by CakeOrDeath
  • Like 1

Gidday Mate

I do know of the hypothesis, Anthony Bragalia had the story on his site a little while back. I just found his supporting information to be rather shaky, and was not convinced that was the case, but I agree no saucer. I favoured the MOGUL hypothesis for some time, but one UM member has produced his own Hypothesis which points the finger at an Intelligence Operation. I did my level best to find holes in his hypothesis, and was unable to. To me, Lost Shamans Intel Ops Hypothesis seems to be by far the best answer to the Roswell Incident.

Cheers

The reason why people from around the world through out history have reported "the same" things might have something to do with our brains being wired in the same way. The human mind is a powerful and mysterious thing.

A few examples, here.

http://en.wikipedia....Sleep_paralysis

http://en.wikipedia....one_personality

As for people being "honest" in their reports. If they truly believed they saw a ghost its only natural they would react in the proper manner,... adrenalin rush, fight or flight response, blood going where its needed the most, leaving the face, etc,... even recalling the story could be very hard for them.

That's not impossible. It could be that such beings and events are akin to universal archetypes. That said, I still believe many of the accounts. I'm not convinced that they're *not* paranormal.

That's not impossible. It could be that such beings and events are akin to universal archetypes. That said, I still believe many of the accounts. I'm not convinced that they're *not* paranormal.

Indeed it is not impossible it happens.

Did you not say that your belief based upon personal observations though? That again seems like you are putting the cart before the horse if you are speculating that Demons and Aliens may have some connection, but I do not honestly know how many people who consider alien life also consider the religious demon in antiquity. You are mixing science and superstition, they tend to repel each other like like poles of a magnet. To simply say "they misinterpreted" is already well and truly the realm of both AA, and cults like the Raellian's. And we know how "factual" both of those nonsense camps are.

• Like 1

In a nutshell, aliens are not part of our world because movement of UFOs oppose the Newtonian laws of physics, so they might me acutally using 4th dimension to pull their stunts. Also , you have many individuals who claim they are in telepathical contact with aliens, and they are conveying messages that basically dispute the Bible. Then you have spirits and ghosts who also have tendency to appear and dissapear from nowhere, are conveying their messages who also dispute the Bible. In conclusions, aliens, spirits and demons are all the same, 4th dimensional beings who use every opportunity to spread their lies. Final proof is that power of Holy Spirit disables alien and ghosts manifestation, just like demon appearance.

• Like 2

It's not true the people around the world report the same things. What happens is that what they report gets translated, and in the process turned into the same thing.

For example, the word in Vietnamese generally translated "ghost" is not the same thing at all as a Western-style ghost, but the difference gets lost when the translation happens. A demon is similar, or a dragon, or a witch, or whatever. You never see reports of alien abductions here. It is not part of the culture. There are no near-death experiences either, except among Catholics, and these are all visions of the Virgin.

Very interesting point is made here:

You never see reports of alien abductions here. It is not part of the culture.

If aliens are really what they claim to be, wouldn't there be similar distribution of abductions across the world? But because people in Vietnam don't actually have cultural stories about abductions, "aliens" have no power there.

This is precisely the case of demonic work: their power is only equal to how much people believe in them.

• Like 1

body snatchers?

Guys, please,... Shoehorning is an extremely safe procedure, since it cant be proven wrong... The Friendly Atheist has one such story.These parrots are almost enough to make you believe in reincarnation.

Shoehorning ET into the mix to try and explain angels and Gods, or vice versa, is a very slippery slope.

Also , you have many individuals who claim they are in telepathical contact with aliens, and they are conveying messages that basically dispute the Bible. Then you have spirits and ghosts who also have tendency to appear and dissapear from nowhere, are conveying their messages who also dispute the Bible.
There are far more real things that dispute the Bible.
Final proof is that power of Holy Spirit disables alien and ghosts manifestation, just like demon appearance.

What proof? Skepticism does the same.

Well Aleister Crowley was into the dark arts and black magick, and He conjured up this Entity called LAM which he drew a picture of and bears a striking resemblence to the Grey aliens...

Iv always been interested in the lost time aspect of the whole ETH.

Never heard of that, but I found the whole story:

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/cienciareal/cienciareal07.htm

It has probably already been said but... I think it's far more like that demons are aliens as opposed to aliens being demons. After all, Bones did point out that was how Spock could be perceived.

And that of course would require either to exist and be visiting us.

Gidday Mate

I do know of the hypothesis, Anthony Bragalia had the story on his site a little while back. I just found his supporting information to be rather shaky, and was not convinced that was the case, but I agree no saucer. I favoured the MOGUL hypothesis for some time, but one UM member has produced his own Hypothesis which points the finger at an Intelligence Operation. I did my level best to find holes in his hypothesis, and was unable to. To me, Lost Shamans Intel Ops Hypothesis seems to be by far the best answer to the Roswell Incident.

Cheers

Its like I said I dont think an alien spaceship crashed at Roswell, something did happen I think though and Im not sure what it was

• Like 1

It's not true the people around the world report the same things. What happens is that what they report gets translated, and in the process turned into the same thing.

For example, the word in Vietnamese generally translated "ghost" is not the same thing at all as a Western-style ghost, but the difference gets lost when the translation happens. A demon is similar, or a dragon, or a witch, or whatever. You never see reports of alien abductions here. It is not part of the culture. There are no near-death experiences either, except among Catholics, and these are all visions of the Virgin.

I don't agree. I'm referring to descriptions of grays. I'm referring to myriad experiences. Some have nothing to do with paranormal events or strange stories. It could be descriptions of a criminal, for example. Say that the witnesses all saw a tall thin Latino with a hook for an arm. There's a consistency to their accounts. You can put more importance on these descriptions than one that deviates from them. Fifty people from varied backgrounds describe the suspect in almost identical ways. One man claims that the suspect is a fat Black man, and one man claims that the suspect is a skinny White woman. The consistent descriptions are much more credible. That's how I judge the validity of many claims, but I realize that some people reflexively dismiss all claims because they refuse to step out of their boxes. For example, militant atheists and religious fanatics won't entertain opposing views. They already know it all. They won't even listen to other people who don't share their "boxes". They're welcome to their beliefs, but they should realize that they have no monopoly on the truth.

• Like 3

Very interesting point is made here:

If aliens are really what they claim to be, wouldn't there be similar distribution of abductions across the world? But because people in Vietnam don't actually have cultural stories about abductions, "aliens" have no power there.

This is precisely the case of demonic work: their power is only equal to how much people believe in them.

Okay this doesn't make sense then. What you are implying (unless I have completely misunderstood) is that if a group does not believe in demons/aliens then they cannot be affected? By that I mean the whole range of freaky behavior attributed to aliens/demons.

This sounds like the best defense is simply to not believe in either. I move to stop the madness and forget about alienz and demonz then they'll have nothing over us. JMO.