Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Haunted House Failed to Sell

pitchp

The Wymering Manor has failed to sell. No one wanted to buy the house from the council, because it's believed to be haunted by nuns. There is 24/7 security on the house because it's seems to be a popular attraction to ghost hunters, and the paranormal believers. Security is always in pairs as the security guards refused to work by them selves.

Wymering_Manor_P1010026.JPG

Wymering_Manor_P1010007.JPG

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wymering_Manor

If I had the money and lived in that area, I would have indeed bought that house.

I like the idea of living in a commune.

• Like 1

I prefer not to be haunted by a bunch of virgins lol

• Like 3

Free real estate advertising. Probably too expensive to renovate or asking too much. If I had the money I'd get it, but turn it into a haunted B&B, pub and restaurant. Then ghost hunters would flock to the place followed by paying customers. I could even sell t-shirts.

Edited by Esoteric Toad
  • Like 1

Free real estate advertising. Probably too expensive to renovate or asking too much. If I had the money I'd get it, but turn it into a haunted B&B, pub and restaurant. Then ghost hunters would flock to the place followed by paying customers. I could even sell t-shirts.

that's a good idea!

If I had the money and lived in that area, I would have indeed bought that house.

I like the idea of living in a commune.

We can go halves, can I have the blue room?

Would love to live there.

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 1

Haunted by nuns? I'd prefer nuns to the psychiatric hospitals haunted by former patients. SOLD!... if I had the money... ._.

• Like 2

I prefer not to be haunted by a bunch of virgins lol

Maybe you could charm them!....miracles and all that! lol

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 1

We can go halves, can I have the blue room?

Would love to live there.

Sure! You can have the blue room. But I got dibbs on the downstairs toilet! :)

• Like 1

Sure! You can have the blue room. But I got dibbs on the downstairs toilet! :)

But you know the blue room does not have an ensuite. oh ok then, downstairs toilet is yours. :tu:

• Like 1

But you know the blue room does not have an ensuite. oh ok then, downstairs toilet is yours. :tu:

Well, that's a easy remedy to do! When the Ghosts start stirring, we'll just get them to move things around and then that way, we can have an ensuite installed in the blue room. Physical and spirit cooperation now that's how you build a home! :)

• Like 1

Maybe you could charm them!....miracles and all that! lol

Guess i could give it a shot haha

Guess i could give it a shot haha

A good shot is just what they need.

Enough said before I get a warning.

EmbarrassedSmiley.png

EmbarrassedSmiley.png

:lol:

EmbarrassedSmiley.png

A good shot of vitamin D is just what they need!Ok i better stop aswell hahaha

• Like 1

If ya'll are leaving, don't forget to pick up after yourselves, cause Freetoroam and I are officially squatting in our wonderful haunted nunnery. :tu:

If ya'll are leaving, don't forget to pick up after yourselves, cause Freetoroam and I are officially squatting in our wonderful haunted nunnery. :tu:

I would love to have that house! My daughter likes it, too. If you google it under images, there are a few more that show some of the woodwork in it- and one relaly creepy staircase

EDIT: Nevermind - I misunderstood the OP. Still, I wouldn't mind living there!

Edited by the_twilightzone

• 2 weeks later...

The Wymering Manor has failed to sell. No one wanted to buy the house from the council, because it's believed to be haunted by nuns. There is 24/7 security on the house because it's seems to be a popular attraction to ghost hunters, and the paranormal believers. Security is always in pairs as the security guards refused to work by them selves.

Sorry to be a stick-in-the-mud, but the rumour about the security guards getting the chills isn't exactly true. I was writing about the place myself and I contacted the Manor and asked them! It might have started with a Daily Mail article (IIRC) that mentioned the guards refused to work after dark.

I almost bought the "dolphin house" in Ho Chi Minh City many years ago. It was a wonderful old hotel/office building adorned on top by four huge dolphins that had sat empty for many years and was a foreclosure, so of course it was also haunted. The price was really cheap, but I thought the neighborhood was on the way down and you can't make anything in that kind of neighborhood.

The ultimate buyer was another bank, and they moved themselves in and removed the dolphins, which seemed to get rid of the ghosts too. They did well for themselves.

If i lived close to there i would buy the place. The place I'm buying now is about 100 years old and is well known in the area for being haunted.