Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gun Control Advocates Practice Hypocrisy ?

Simbi Laveau

I don't see the 2nd amendment being banned for a few generations at least, if it ever gets banned. So the focus should be on the actual reforms being put forward.

You know, that's a telling statement. So do you kind of think a restriction here and a restriction there will probably lead to something bigger in the future? Like a ban? Not sure if that's what you're thinking but all the b****ing and moaning we are doing today on behalf of the second amendment isn't necessarily because we think a quick ban is going to happen tomorrow or in our lifetime. Yes, I don't trust them not to ban them tomorrow if we didn't complain because we all know they would in a heartbeat if we kept our mouths shut but the fight isn't as much about right now as it is for the whole future to come. The revolutionary war wasn't just about the needs of the moment. It would have been a bit pointless. That and the founding documents came about for the future of America. Sure I could be dead by then but a ban in the future is as much of a concern to me as a ban is now. Until all of humanity is rid of evil and rift raft, every decent man and woman ought to be defend themselves however they choose and are able to should the police or gubment not get there on time given of course that they themselves aren't the evil decent men and woman are up against.

Edited by -Mr_Fess-
  • Like 3

I believe in gun control. Which is why I passed my gun safety course and am now waiting for my gun licenses.

~Thanato

lol, funny.

gun control would be if you walked into a gun store, and they said, you can't have ar15, but you can have rem.700.

when they tell you weather you can or can't have a gun at all, that is control over you, not guns.

but I believe in gun control too, I use both hands, and aim.

Edited by aztek

that is not gun control, it is control of you. they have control over your right. passing gun safety course does not guarantee you will be allowed to have a gun, it is up to them, and you have no control over it.

but I believe in gun control too, I use both hands, and aim.

It is gun control. You have to pass this couse then you have to submit your papers to the RCMP Firearms Centre, where they go over them and your application. THey call your referances and ask them questions. It keeps guns out of people who just walk into the gun store and say 'I want a gun today'. It makes it harder for people to obtain certain firearms, with the only purpose (which is to take human lives). I just went to get my non-restricted because all I want is long guns for hunting and target shooting.

~Thanato

they don't control guns, they control you. why should you not be able to get a gun today?????????

yes guns take lives, of those that threaten yours, and that is how it should be,

Edited by aztek

What possible benifit is there from being able to walk into Walmart and walk out with a gun, no check whatsoever?

they check you in walmart, did you ever buy a gun at walmart???

i'm pretty sure you didn't, so go and try to buy one, before writhing such hogwash.

Edited by aztek

they check you in walmart, did you ever buy a gun at walmart???

i'm pretty sure you didn't, so go and try to buy one, before writhing such hogwash.

I'm not saying they don't. I simply got the impression that you were against those checks.

If you're not, then why do you have a problem with the checks in Canada?

But... That doesn't answer my question. We have guns in Canada and can also "give them lead"

I'm not saying they don't. I simply got the impression that you were against those checks.

If you're not, then why do you have a problem with the checks in Canada?

you just said that. What possible benifit is there from being able to walk into Walmart and walk out with a gun, no check whatsoever? now tell me you meant something else

I honestly could not care less about checks in Canada, or anything in Canada for that mater. and i'm pretty sure the thread is about gun control in us.

Edited by aztek

you just said that. What possible benifit is there from being able to walk into Walmart and walk out with a gun, no check whatsoever? now tell me you meant something else

I honestly could not care less about checks in Canada, or anything in Canada for that mater. and i'm pretty sure the thread is about gun control in us.

Why do I even respond to you. You dont usually grasp what I'm saying.

You were talking about how there's no reason for us to have to get checked prior to getting a gun. If your against checks, then what possible reason is there to not get checked before getting a gun?

Walmart was just a name I threw into my question.

And now your posts have been edited and there's no proof of what you said

Don't you think outside input might be helpful sometimes? Especially if it is about different experiences on the same issues?

No. Not when it comes to the Constitution. Of course no one is saying you dont have a right to a opinion, same as we have a right to not care what your opinion is.

Yes this thread is about Gun control in the US, and this topic does effect Canadians as most of the guns being used by Criminals are smuggled into the Nation from the US. Because of the strick policy on obtaining pistols in Canada gun runners in the US supply those weapons. Now if they were restricted in purchase it would save Canadian Lives.

~Thanato

No. Not when it comes to the Constitution. Of course no one is saying you dont have a right to a opinion, same as we have a right to not care what your opinion is.

Because the Constitution is immutable?

Truth is, that until 2008, no-one with any legal standing believed for a moment that the second amendment guaranteed the right to bear arms outside of a militia.

Until the Supreme Court ruled otherwise. Just as one day, it's likely to rule otherwise again, when it's stacked with Liberal judges, instead of Conservative ones.

In other words, the US Constitution is subject to constant judicial reinterpretation, depending on the current opinion of the Supreme Court Judges.

Sometimes, their opinions evolve due to further input on the same issues; the exact same thing that Flombie suggested would be useful.

If you believe that the US Constitution is in any meaningful way set in stone - if you believe, for example, that it absolutely guarantees Americans the right to personally bear arms forever - then you're very much mistaken.

The only place that would hold true is in an individuals opinion, the various rights for which I believe that you've already covered.

Now if they were restricted in purchase it would save Canadian Lives.

~Thanato

who restricted in purchase???

the same way illegal drugs (illegal all over the world) make their way to canada.

talking about out of touch with reality, lol keep drinking your coolaid

Edited by aztek

who restricted in purchase???

the same way illegal drugs (illegal all over the world) make their way to canada.

talking about out of touch with reality, lol keep drinking your coolaid

Guns arn't drugs. Drugs are illegal from production straight through to use. Comparing the two is rather idiotic.

I'm talking about buddy who walks in gets a 'back ground check' then walks out with a pistol. You should require a licenses to purches a pistol, there by restricting there use. This is called gun control.

BTW I like coolaid, Cherry falvoured is my favorite.

~Thanato

Guns arn't drugs. Drugs are illegal from production straight through to use. Comparing the two is rather idiotic.

I'm talking about buddy who walks in gets a 'back ground check' then walks out with a pistol. You should require a licenses to purches a pistol, there by restricting there use. This is called gun control.

BTW I like coolaid, Cherry falvoured is my favorite.

~Thanato

it idiotic not to see similarities with drugs now \alcohol in 20s, and guns where they are illegal. they all have\had them, it did not\does not make any of it dissapear.

so the buddy passed background check ,has lisence, walked out with a gun. so what is wrong with this picture,

i still can't see your point.do you think gun runners go to legit store buy a guns to their name, and then smuggle it to canada??? lol, that is delusional pov.

there are plenty of guns made in canada, and they import them to usa, may be you should close those factories in canada, see how it works out.the way i see it canadian guns kill americans.

Edited by aztek

Actually i don't tink canadians should tell americans how to control our guns, since you are doing exact opposite.

talking about hypocrisy, lol

actually i do like the way canada is going with that.

On the gun control front, Canada is going backwards.

Besides killing the long gun registry, a useful investigative tool for police that experts say has saved as many as 600 lives a year, the feds are no longer requiring shop owners to keep records of guns and ammo purchases. It’s too costly and messing with our freedom. Where have we heard that one before?

The HarperCons are also considering extending gun licenses to 10 years from the current five, despite concerns raised by the RCMP and mental health officials. The feds are not only weakening gun control laws, they’re doing it in secret.

Last month, the government quietly postponed for another year implementation of the firearms marking regulation that are part of Canada’s obligations to the UN Firearms Protocol and the Organization of American States’ Inter-American Convention Against the Illicit Manufacturing and Trafficking of Firearms. Gun control advocates only heard about it from pro-gun types who were heralding the change as yet another victory for freedom.

Guns may be as American as apple pie, but Canada is cutting out it’s own reputation when it comes to firearms. It’s alone internationally among developed countries in rolling back gun laws.

http://www.nowtoronto.com/news/story.cfm?content=190379

Edited by aztek

it idiotic not to see similarities with drugs now \alcohol in 20s, and guns where they are illegal. they all have\had them, it did not\does not make any of it dissapear.

so the buddy passed background check ,has lisence, walked out with a gun. so what is wrong with this picture,

i still can't see your point.do you think gun runners go to legit store buy a guns to their name, and then smuggle it to canada??? lol, that is delusional pov.

there are plenty of guns made in canada, and they import them to usa, may be you should close those factories in canada, see how it works out.the way i see it canadian guns kill americans.

Why would we do that? They provide arms for me to use at Work, prived Arms for hunters and sport shooters (Both of which have to take safety courses and apply for a license). They provide jobs to the people who work there.

A simple background check can miss many things, yes 95% of people who own firarms are not going to use them for illegal purpose, but a large number of thoe shot and killed are shot by those 95%. Mainly do to negligence and ignorance. Most didnt have to take safety courses nor pass tests to apply to own a firearm. Yes accedents do happen in Canada but there are far more infrequent but we have a 1 gun to 3 people ration in this nation. Yet accedents are far less.

Now I'm not saying that all those guns smuggled into canada are bought legally, however the coulture in the US and lax gun laws makes it much much much more easier to obtain then in Canada.

Actually i don't tink canadians should tell americans how to control our guns, since you are doing exact opposite.

talking about hypocrisy, lol

actually i do like the way canada is going with that.

On the gun control front, Canada is going backwards.

Besides killing the long gun registry, a useful investigative tool for police that experts say has saved as many as 600 lives a year, the feds are no longer requiring shop owners to keep records of guns and ammo purchases. It’s too costly and messing with our freedom. Where have we heard that one before?

The HarperCons are also considering extending gun licenses to 10 years from the current five, despite concerns raised by the RCMP and mental health officials. The feds are not only weakening gun control laws, they’re doing it in secret.

Last month, the government quietly postponed for another year implementation of the firearms marking regulation that are part of Canada’s obligations to the UN Firearms Protocol and the Organization of American States’ Inter-American Convention Against the Illicit Manufacturing and Trafficking of Firearms. Gun control advocates only heard about it from pro-gun types who were heralding the change as yet another victory for freedom.

Guns may be as American as apple pie, but Canada is cutting out it’s own reputation when it comes to firearms. It’s alone internationally among developed countries in rolling back gun laws.

http://www.nowtoront...?content=190379

As for Canada going backwards. The long gun regestry was costly and to be honest unnessary. It made it hard for those who owned Hunting Weapons to move, transport, there firearms etc. Most weapons used in robberies and murders are not 18 inch barreled weapons, most are pistols, or illegal to own weapons.

Canada has 3 levels of Weapon classifications, Non-Restricted (Barrel over 18 inches, no more then 5 rounds in Semi Auto's, etc), Restricted (Barrels shorter then 18 inches but not shorter then another length (Cant recall it right now), Pistols with a barrel no shorter then 5 inches (if memory serves), then we have Prhibited (very very very hard to obtain in Canada).

All guns that are non restricted have to be registered. Also to obtain a Restricted License you have to fall under one of these Catagories (Member of a Club for target shooting, Work [security, Brinks, etc], Collectors).

The RCMP Handles all gun applications through one central facility in Moncton New Brunswick.

Canadian Gun Laws, though have not kept guns out of the hands of criminals have not lead to massive numbers of dead and wounded due to there missuse and irresponsible owners.

~Thanato

Edited by Thanato

thanks for your time bro, but the only thing you coninced me is that you still don't get, that guns do not commit crimes, criminals do. and we have a lot more of them.

also i find your statment that most shootings are done by 95% of law abiding citizens, is nothing but garbage. prove it please.

Edited by aztek