Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pope Benedict Has Resigned - effective 28 Feb

libstaK

The coming Pope is supposed to be the last, is supposed to corrupt Christain values and then the 'Terrible Judge' will massacre everyone for being evil. Including the destruction of Rome and the Vatican.

Then Christ returns and we have judgement day. So exciting wheres my popcorn!

And thats why we stop believing in fiery tales when we grow up.

Br Cornelius

I'm finding it hard to believe how many people are accepting his explanation at face value. This is astounding. The position of Pope is basically a political position - he is a politician. How many politicians really have stood down for health reasons when that is the excuse given? It's like the go-to excuse when being forced out.

No, I think it more likely that he has been forced out in some way. Some sort of scandal from his past most likely.

He has always been tainted as the man who orchestrated the whole paedophilia cover up so I would say he is just considered "tainted goods" at this stage. By choosing to go down the path of covering up the crimes of the church and promoting a conservative agenda he has presided over a period of continued decline of the church in its key constituency.

Nice work I say - a job well done ;) .

Br Cornelius

... clearly doesn't have the "Spirit" with him, because isn't that supposed to help a mere mortal to rise above the infirmities that rage through a "normal" man who has not been elevated to the position of Pope??

Tony Blair will be ready to take the position,he's probably waiting for the call now. And deciding where the peasants should build his pyramid.

• Like 2

Tony Blair will be ready to take the position,he's probably waiting for the call now. And deciding where the peasants should build his pyramid.

That was the point of his Conversion to Catholicism?? :w00t: Cant say I disagree though...

Like your Border Collie - we have one as well, but with longer fur - did you have your's clipped?

It was revealed by The Virgin Mary at Fatima that the world would end in 2013. The Pope will either be transferred to a secure underground bunker in hopes of surviving the apocalypse, or will be transported off the planet by extraterrestrials who are in contact with the Vatican.

• Like 1

It was revealed by The Virgin Mary at Fatima that the world would end in 2013. The Pope will either be transferred to a secure underground bunker in hopes of surviving the apocalypse, or will be transported off the planet by extraterrestrials who are in contact with the Vatican.

No it wasn't. No date is mentioned concerning any such event

Ask and ye shall receive...

Francis Arinze - [link to en.wikipedia.org]

Cardinal Peter Turkson - [link to en.wikipedia.org]

Cardinal Angelo Scola - [link to en.wikipedia.org]

Cardinal Oscar Rodriguez Maradiaga - [link to en.wikipedia.org]

Cardinal Angelo Bagnasco - [link to en.wikipedia.org]

Cardinal Tarcisco Bertone - [link to en.wikipedia.org]

Jorge Mario Bergoglio - [link to en.wikipedia.org]

Leonardo Sandri - [link to en.wikipedia.org]

Claudio Hummes - [link to en.wikipedia.org]

Dionigi Tettamanzi - [link to en.wikipedia.org]

Count Christoph Von Schoenborn - [link to en.wikipedia.org]

Archbishop Raymond Burke - [link to en.wikipedia.org]

Cardinal Marc Ouellet - [link to en.wikipedia.org]

Daniel DiNardo - [link to en.wikipedia.org]

Cardinal William Levada - [link to en.wikipedia.org]

Archbishop Piero Marini - [link to en.wikipedia.org]

Keith O'Brien - [link to en.wikipedia.org]

Gianfranco Ravasi - [link to en.wikipedia.org]

Don't know if that is the complete list but...that is what I dug up.

It would appear there is a Peter on the List...Peter Turkson and from other articles I read, it appears he is one of the top choices. Could he be the Petrus Romanus?

I have to say...somewhat tongue in cheek and somewhat stunned....If you recall, it's only been a couple of weeks since the Pope released "the dove of peace" and it was attacked by the seagull. Bad Omen maybe? nah...just being ornery...

Thank you very much :tu:

Yep, they definitely need to steer clear of that Peter Turkson, could you imagine the ruckus from the flock?

I think they should choose Keith O'Brien - and they should let him keep his real name - Pope Keith. :w00t:

As for the dove, they have been showing footage all over CNN of the time he released a dove of peace (or pigeon?) and the poor confused bird did an about face mid air and started butting itself against the wall next to the Pope's balcony. Wonder what omen that was? The outside world has become too evil for a dove of peace to fly into and it would rather hide in the Vatican? Anyway it was hilarious, apart from feeling a little sorry for the dove.

No it wasn't. No date is mentioned concerning any such event

I'm pretty sure he was joking.

I'm finding it hard to believe how many people are accepting his explanation at face value. This is astounding. The position of Pope is basically a political position - he is a politician. How many politicians really have stood down for health reasons when that is the excuse given? It's like the go-to excuse when being forced out.

No, I think it more likely that he has been forced out in some way. Some sort of scandal from his past most likely.

Like I said earlier, the butler made off with his personal notes ... just saying.

• Like 1

Ha...how's this for a titty twister!

Apparently someone is either very angry or very happy at the days announcement!

Yes, this happened after the announcement of the resignation...

191159508-26da7445-c556-4f88-99bb-f99a632f2c35.jpg

http://www.repubblic...olo-52433445/#1

Translation of picture text...

"The image of the day is Alessandro Di Meo, photographer agency Ansa. The photographer was able to capture a lightning strike on the dome of St. Peter on the day the announcement of the resignation of Pope Benedict XVI."

Sure, it's possible it's faked, but others on another website have been researching it and ...so far...appears to be legit in the timing. Not that it's a huge deal, lightning hits the basilica all the time...but the timing put some folks into a frenzy.

Signs...omens...portents....

Nah...just kidding...

Edited by Jeremiah65
  • Like 3

Ha...how's this for a titty twister!

Apparently someone is either very angry or very happy at the days announcement!

Yes, this happened after the announcement of the resignation...

191159508-26da7445-c556-4f88-99bb-f99a632f2c35.jpg

http://www.repubblic...olo-52433445/#1

Translation of picture text...

"The image of the day is Alessandro Di Meo, photographer agency Ansa. The photographer was able to capture a lightning strike on the dome of St. Peter on the day the announcement of the resignation of Pope Benedict XVI."

Sure, it's possible it's faked, but others on another website have been researching it and ...so far...appears to be legit in the timing. Not that it's a huge deal, lightning hits the basilica all the time...but the timing put some folks into a frenzy.

Signs...omens...portents....

Nah...just kidding...

It was the Aliens taking the Pope aboard their ship ;)

• Like 1

Maybe the Vatican should nominate Popes that are young (30's to 50's) since they would have more stamina and be in better health.

I saw this posted on Face book ..

521718_10151750875732178_507576952_n_zps3809afac.jpg

Another contender... 2 1/2 Amen ....

idk1e1C_zps7dd7f74f.jpg

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 3

It was the Aliens taking the Pope aboard their ship ;)

No I think it was Captain Marvel inside the vatican saying...SHAZAM

post-103357-0-83315300-1360630797_thumb.

Benedict XVI was the first pope to resign in 598 years (the last pope resignation occurred in 1415) and the first from Germany since the 11th century. His resignation is for health reasons, nothing conspiratoral or scandalous made him decide to leave the pulpit. I find him to be a wonderful man who's time has come for retirement.

• Like 3

Just curious, did he offer a reason for his resignation?

No. But George Lucas did... he needs him back to film another Star Wars film.

papa.palpatine.jpg

• Like 3

Thank you very much :tu:

Yep, they definitely need to steer clear of that Peter Turkson, could you imagine the ruckus from the flock?

I think they should choose Keith O'Brien - and they should let him keep his real name - Pope Keith. :w00t:

As for the dove, they have been showing footage all over CNN of the time he released a dove of peace (or pigeon?) and the poor confused bird did an about face mid air and started butting itself against the wall next to the Pope's balcony. Wonder what omen that was? The outside world has become too evil for a dove of peace to fly into and it would rather hide in the Vatican? Anyway it was hilarious, apart from feeling a little sorry for the dove.

He released a dove of peace?He best be glad dick cheney wasnt around or neither him or the bird would have made it to his retirement hahaha

Odds on favourites, the next Pope might be Canadian. Personally I hope for an African Pope.

Edit: Hopefully, one that will join Catholicism to the 21st Century.

Edited by Likely Guy

Pope Benedict was 78 when he was instituted into his station as Pope. He was always going to be just a caretaker Pope for whatever length of time. Though I was surprised when I saw the newspaper headlines today. I hadn't heard about it until I saw the front-page this morning.

• Like 1

"One possible approach to development aid would be to apply effectively what is known as fiscal subsidiarity, allowing citizens to decide how to allocate a portion of the taxes they pay to the State. Provided it does not degenerate into the promotion of special interests, this can help to stimulate forms of welfare solidarity from below, with obvious benefits in the area of solidarity for development as well." -Pope Benedict

Although I've been disappointed at how reactionary the last two popes have been, taking the church backward, I am still hopeful.

Although I've been disappointed at how reactionary the last two popes have been, taking the church backward, I am still hopeful.

the last two? I thought John Paul II was reputed to have made some effort to build bridges with other faiths. Anyway, Popes are supposed to be conservative, aren't they, they are after all supposed to represent an unbroken line going back to St Peter.