Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Katie Couric haunting 911 calls

Simbi Laveau

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/nypd-probes-911-calls-katie-couric-late-hubby-line-article-1.1263698?localLinksEnabled=false

Katie Courics first husband,Jay Monahan ,died in 1998 ,of colon cancer. She took it very hard .

She kept a phone line,that is still listed in his name.

For the last ten weeks,every Tuesday ,at 2am .This phone line calls 911.

It causes the 911 operator to call the number back ,and a patrol car comes to the apartment .

Katie is so disturbed by it all,she called police commissioner Ray Kelly ,to look into it .

If I was in hell I'd be trieing to dial 911 too. :yes:

• Like 3

Called the NYC Police Commissioner for a phone issue? Are you freaking kidding me? But this is the land where they tell you what you can and cannot eat and what size your soda can be. :blink:

Really? How do people in NYC put up with this stuff?

• Like 2

Called the NYC Police Commissioner for a phone issue? Are you freaking kidding me? But this is the land where they tell you what you can and cannot eat and what size your soda can be. :blink:

The only way I see calling him is that since the call came from her house, she could be charged wuth making false 911 calls. Just disconnect the bloidy thing, IMO. Problem solved.

• Like 3

Well I almost said ,if I was the one with this issue ,would the commissioner care ?

It's as it always is . Rich famous ,gets the grease . Regular folk ,get screwed .

That being said,it is a possibility someone is messing with her phone line .

I assume the call registers at their end with the number on caller ID ,but caller ID is easily manipulated now.

So she's a victim .She's also internationally famous .

It's a cruel hoax ,so I can see why she would be concerned ,unless of course anyone here thinks her dead husband is calling the cops as a foreshadowing to something bad occurring at her home ......

• Like 1

Her dead husband is crieing out for someone to offer up rewards to Jesus for the forgiveness of his sins so he can get out of hell, hence 911, emergency, please help! :yes:

• Like 1

Simbi said it, if this happened to one of us they wouldn't give a rats *** and we would be in jail for prank calls. Take the phone out.

• Like 2

Here's a crazy idea - how about calling the phone company?

I'm sure that's what the cops will look into . The calls can also originate on the internet now ,so all of this would have to be subpoenaed

When you're Katie Couric you can do anything. Sucks to be a mortal, huh?

• Like 3

I'm sure that's what the cops will look into . The calls can also originate on the internet now ,so all of this would have to be subpoenaed

There are also some unusual laws governing 911 availability that sometimes cause havoc in the phone system and that could have been the problem here.

There are also some unusual laws governing 911 availability that sometimes cause havoc in the phone system and that could have been the problem here.

Well I thought it was a home phone line. Apparently its his old cell phone . So I don't know what the technicalities could be in this case

In nyc ,our 911 calls go to a dispatcher ,who asks what the issue is .Depending,she keeps the caller on the line ,and and opens a line to either PD ,FD,, or EMS. Or in some cases ,two or all three of them .

It can be complicated,or not ,but seems like dispatch is getting it as a caller Id .they don't say what's on the line when they answer.

Her dead husband is crieing out for someone to offer up rewards to Jesus for the forgiveness of his sins so he can get out of hell, hence 911, emergency, please help! :yes:

How charming.

You must be a poor christian if you think it's fine to go around saying that someone's dead husband is in hell.

Well, she did share all this bs with an audience full of strangers, so it's natural that she'd blow it wayyyyyy out of proportion and call the police commissioner over the phone company.

If she took the phone out of her back pocket it would stop doing that. Its called a pocket dial.

What is a 'Katie Couric'?

• Like 1

Simbi said it, if this happened to one of us they wouldn't give a rats *** and we would be in jail for prank calls. Take the phone out.

Celebrities have their own jail too (which is almost like a getaway resort). One of the many perks to having your country run by corporations.

From the same source, but conveniently left out here :

Police are investigating whether someone is using a device to hijack Couric’s phone and call 911, an illegal trick authorities refer to as “spoofing.”

On another sites story, it says :

" spoofing " has been done with many celebrities phones "