Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Oscar Pistorius charged with murder

Keel M.

I was shocked to see this as the first story on my Yahoo this morning...

Paralympic and Olympic star Oscar Pistorius has been charged with the murder of his girlfriend, who was shot dead at his home in South Africa.

Initial reports had claimed that Pistorius accidentally mistook his model girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp for a burglar, shooting her four times in the head and arm.

Police have 48 hours to question him and continue their investigations, with Pistorius's court appearance at Pretoria Magistrate's delayed until 07:00 UK time on Friday.

Full story

Has anybody checked this guy out for steroid abuse?

I know it's a case of mistaken identity and not murder/ suicide.

But he could have been on pins and needles because of the steroids.

It does have shades of Chris Benoit here albeit a bit more excusable.

Edited by Medium Brown
  • Like 2

I hear this 1st time this morning also. What a shock. She was a beautiful lady. Wonder if it was roid rage?

Now the police are saying that they never released a statement that she was mistaken for an intruder. Who knows? There has been previous domestic violence accusations. He lives about 15km away from me. This is such a shock for us!

Now the police are saying that they never released a statement that she was mistaken for an intruder. Who knows? There has been previous domestic violence accusations. He lives about 15km away from me. This is such a shock for us!

Live only a couple km from where the incident took place myself. Rather depressing Valentine's, bothered me quite a bit today.

Live only a couple km from where the incident took place myself. Rather depressing Valentine's, bothered me quite a bit today.

Suppose we'll have to wait and see what the truth is..so many stories going around. She really was a beautiful girl. :no:

Guess he doesn't have a leg to stand on.

• Like 3

Guess he doesn't have a leg to stand on.

That is wrong on so many levels, but the truth be told, it made me laugh. I wonder how many members were thinking it but didn't have the balls to say it.

• Like 2

I think he is guilty likely and don't believe he mistook her for an intruder. It was said that there had been reports of domestic abuse. He's probably one of those men who doesn't treat women very nicely. I don't really think it's to do with steroids and even if he is taking them. it doesn't give him an escuse to kill a woman

but he is innocent til proven guilty so we'll have to see what happens

• Like 2

That is wrong on so many levels, but the truth be told, it made me laugh. I wonder how many members were thinking it but didn't have the balls to say it.

You havn't heard them in the Swindon Town forum yet.

Thank god there was a voice of reason amongst the hooligans there.

I think he is guilty likely and don't believe he mistook her for an intruder. It was said that there had been reports of domestic abuse. He's probably one of those men who doesn't treat women very nicely. I don't really think it's to do with steroids and even if he is taking them. it doesn't give him an escuse to kill a woman

You mean he's south african.

I was also shocked by the news today. I wonder what could have tipped him over the edge?

Is OJ's lawyer available?

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 4

You mean he's south african.

I was also shocked by the news today. I wonder what could have tipped him over the edge?

And explain to me exactly what you are refering to here? "he is "South African"

Edited by Peter Cox
  • Like 1

Suppose we'll have to wait and see what the truth is..so many stories going around. She really was a beautiful girl. :no:

If you believe all you hear on News Reports, TV etc then apparently the police were aware of many domestic disputes. In court today, he could not look his own father in the eye.

My only concern is that all the media attention seems to be centred on the loss or tainted reputation of this man.

What about the woman he has murdered?

If he is innocent of her murder, and it was an accident, the media should non- the less be on her, the loss her family and friends are experiencing, not the fact that the world is disappointed in the loss of a hero-worship of a man accused. :no: :no:

• Like 7

This guy was actually arguing at the Paralympics about the shape of an opponents blades.

The incident proved he had a short fuse even though he retracted the statement.

So that proves that he had more intent than is being reported in the media.

It's just a domestic dispute that got way out of hand but there's no way he can wiggle out of this.

If you want my honest opinion Lance Armstrong is a man of principles compared to this cretin.

The disability card dosn't give him instant immunity.

The exercise periods are going to be interesting at the prison...

How's he going to cope without his blades when they are classified as an offensive weapon.

He hasn't even got a leg to stand on least of all run...

Edited by Medium Brown

John Cleese made a similar comment on twitter and has been hammered for it. Something about Pistorius being legless at the time.

i agree taking steroids is not an excuse to killing women, but it could have helped towards his unstable mindset, that and his artillery of weapons - lethal combination no doubt.

• Like 2

Again, regardless of who he is, how amazing his life-story is, (which is pretty awesome) to me, is irrelevant.

What is relevant, is the fact that another human-being is dead. Is he guilty of killing her?

That matters, not how important he was as an athlete nor how he over-came his disability.

• Like 5

Again, regardless of who he is, how amazing his life-story is, (which is pretty awesome) to me, is irrelevant.

What is relevant, is the fact that another human-being is dead. Is he guilty of killing her?

That matters, not how important he was as an athlete nor how he over-came his disability.

I cant think of his life as amazing and awesome at all anymore.

Similar to all those celebrities like Jimmy Saville who were awesome to many, but suddenly that awesome feeling has been squashed like ant under an elephants foot.

I agree on the next paragraph. What is relevant now, is the type of guy he really was, disabled or not.

• Like 1

I cant think of his life as amazing and awesome at all anymore.

Similar to all those celebrities like Jimmy Saville who were awesome to many, but suddenly that awesome feeling has been squashed like ant under an elephants foot.

I agree on the next paragraph. What is relevant now, is the type of guy he really was, disabled or not.

Maybe you are a god amongst men, maybe you are powerful and enimatic presence, it dosen't matter when cold light of day dawns and you are accused of taking anothers life.

What any of us feel towards this man MUST be put on hold, until the horrror of the fact that anothers life has gone at gun-point.

Once the facts have been investigated, once the poor soul whose life has gone and the reasons they are gone has been dealt with, maybe then we can talk about the accused.

I have heard reports that he shot her 4 times THRU A Door to the bathroom.

Questions:

If she intruded and he mistook her, how did she end up behind a closed door in the bathroom when he began shooting?

If he was in fear that there was an intruder in his bathroom, what immediate threat could they pose with a closed door between them?

Why fire indiscriminately when he could have asked who was in there and fired a warning shot upward to change the balance of power and let them know he was armed?

If you shoot at a closed door, you don't know what you are shooting at - could he have reasonably believed that the intruder was unlikely to be struck and that he was in a cloud of fear and rage, therefore shooting without thinking?

Do the neighbours have evidence of her being there well before his shooting of her or the police? AKA: did they see her arrive or see her car parked there for a significant period before the shooting?

Was the car engine still warm when police arrived giving support to him possibly : that she had just arrived prior to the "accidental" shooting taking place and he had not yet known it was her?

Did she have her own key to account for the lacked of forced entry, or are they discounting his version because she did not have a key to account for the evidence there was no forced entry?

If she did have a key, he would know well enough not to consider an intruder but rather that she had arrived which makes his version fall apart also.

Just some of the questions running through my mind on this one before I can come to a conclusion of his guilt or innocence ......

Edited by libstaK
  • Like 2

I have heard reports that he shot her 4 times THRU A Door to the bathroom.

Questions:

If she intruded and he mistook her, how did she end up behind a closed door in the bathroom when he began shooting?

If he was in fear that there was an intruder in his bathroom, what immediate threat could they pose with a closed door between them?

Why fire indiscriminately when he could have asked who was in there and fired a warning shot upward to change the balance of power and let them know he was armed?

If you shoot at a closed door, you don't know what you are shooting at - could he have reasonably believed that the intruder was unlikely to be struck and that he was in a cloud of fear and rage, therefore shooting without thinking?

Do the neighbours have evidence of her being there well before his shooting of her or the police? AKA: did they see her arrive or see her car parked there for a significant period before the shooting?

Was the car engine still warm when police arrived giving support to him possibly : that she had just arrived prior to the "accidental" shooting taking place and he had not yet known it was her?

Did she have her own key to account for the lacked of forced entry, or are they discounting his version because she did not have a key to account for the evidence there was no forced entry?

If she did have a key, he would know well enough not to consider an intruder but rather that she had arrived which makes his version fall apart also.

Just some of the questions running through my mind on this one before I can come to a conclusion of his guilt or innocence ......

Why didn't he ask who was there or shoot a warning shot? Well, if it was me, and I hear something in the early morning hours in my house, I will not ask who it is before reacting. Too many people are killed in armed robberies these days. By the time you've asked who's in your house, you'll probably end up being murdered yourself. Unfortunately, South Africans sleep with one eye open these days. You do not first ask-you shoot as it is your life or theirs. But having said this, what really happened in this situation is still very unclear. In my personal opinion I do not think an intruder is to blame. It was reported that the security was contacted by the neighbours to their house prior to the shooting due to noise. Meaning she was already there. Another neighbour heard her shout: "no no". When the neighbours heard the shots, the security was called a second time where they found her body and him next to her.

So many stories are going around. Since she had a key, some say she went there early that morning to surprise him for valentines day. Maybe make him breakfast in bed or something. But that doesn't add up as neighbours complained about noise before the shooting. The security will be able to confirm that if it's true.

I am positive he will not get bail on Tuesday. The truth will come out eventually. We'll have to wait and see.

• Like 1

Things are not looking good for him. This is like a bad car accident - hard to look at but hard to ignore.

• Like 1

Why didn't he ask who was there or shoot a warning shot? Well, if it was me, and I hear something in the early morning hours in my house, I will not ask who it is before reacting. Too many people are killed in armed robberies these days. By the time you've asked who's in your house, you'll probably end up being murdered yourself. Unfortunately, South Africans sleep with one eye open these days. You do not first ask-you shoot as it is your life or theirs. But having said this, what really happened in this situation is still very unclear. In my personal opinion I do not think an intruder is to blame. It was reported that the security was contacted by the neighbours to their house prior to the shooting due to noise. Meaning she was already there. Another neighbour heard her shout: "no no". When the neighbours heard the shots, the security was called a second time where they found her body and him next to her.

It appears from this latest report that she was with him and he knew that - apparently he expected her to be asleep in bed, he did not discover she was not until hehad shot at the "intruder" behind the bathroom door 4 times. It isn't making sense, if he knew she was "sleeping" , why would he not shake her awake when he heard the noise? Why would he not consider it might be her in the bathroom? A logical thing for a guest to do when sleeping over is make use of the bathroom when necessary, hardly a sound to set off alarm bells unless you know you are alone right?

The affidavit from the defendent on "How Reeva Died" ....

http://aww.ninemsn.c...-how-reeva-died

Edited by libstaK

Possible strategies/alibis for the defense team:

5. Burglars have to poop too.

4. He just didn't feel safe saying "Reeva?" while pointing a gun at the door.

3. Noticing his girlfriend wasn't in the bedroom would have taken too much time away from putting on his prosthetics.

2. He kept all his most expensive valuables in the bathroom.

1. He never heard her fart like that before.