Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Holder on Banning Home Schooling

OverSword

That's because every time he's on TV it's for something else that he is trying to brainwash us or dictate to us in how to live and then when his bluff is called he cries racism when in fact, he is the racist. There's so many other qualified people out there of many colors looking for work that could handle this job efficiently and without causing such strife.

And (I think someone else pointed this out as well) he's never been held accountable for the contempt of congress charge. Maybe because everyone's so afraid of being labelled a racist? I dunno, I really don't...

• Like 2

Sorry, do not know much about him, where does the racism come into this?

This family had problems in Germany too, was that down to racism?

They ar reffering to the attorney general, Eric Holder. Probably the most controversial and upsetting individual to ever hold the position.
  • Like 4

They ar reffering to the attorney general, Eric Holder. Probably the most controversial and upsetting individual to ever hold the position.

Thank you for the clarification to freetoroam, OverSword. When I read her response, I did a head tilt like my foxhound does when I talk to him...

Edited by Mantis914
  • Like 2

So, basically Holder is saying the following:

"You can't teach your children. A government funded public school system, overseen by the Department of Education, knows best. The government knows best; the government mandated school systems must teach your children."

I'm convinced they are going for indoctrination, now.

For decades, education in the public schools is all about indoctrination. It's nothing new.

Indoctrination in submission to authority. Math and english and science are only secondary goals.

• Like 1

Thank you for the clarification to freetoroam, OverSword. When I read her response, I did a head tilt like my foxhound does when I talk to him...

Never heard of him. Doing my googling bit. We have our own Eric Holders here too.

My Westie tilts his head too.

The reason why I mentioned the Germany bit is because of this:

A federal district court judge granted the Romikes asylum here against the wishes of the Federal government. The government appealed that decision to the Board of Immigration appeals and won.

I took it that the federal government was not Eric Holders alone.

But my main point is really in the post i made about getting asylum in someone elses country and still insisting on your own schooling within that town you have chosen to settle in.

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 1

But my main point is really in the post i made about getting asylum in someone elses country and still insisting on your own schooling within that town you have chosen to settle in.

yes, that is excelent point. just look at Marseille. is it even France anymore?

• Like 1

yes, that is excelent point. just look at Marseille. is it even France anymore?

Not to the French.

For decades, education in the public schools is all about indoctrination. It's nothing new.

Indoctrination in submission to authority. Math and english and science are only secondary goals.

Excellent point, sir.

• Like 2

Our youngest daughter is enrolled in what is called the, "K-12 Program".

It's home schooling through the internet. Are they saying that this type of thing would be banned?

The reason we've chosen this route with her is because our local school system employs a male teacher who impregnated a student.....and he still teaches with the school district.

They aren't banning home schooling ...yet, but Holder said it wouldn't violate anyone's rights if they did.

Just Holder saying that is bad enough. It shows his complete disregard for the Liberties that this country was founded on and he should be branded a traitor to the people.

• Like 6

Just Holder saying that is bad enough. It shows his complete disregard for the Liberties that this country was founded on and he should be branded a traitor to the people.

Not really. He's merely stating "the facts" as he sees them. Doesn't mean he agrees with them. For instance, while he might say it wouldn't violate anyone's right, is it not possible that he would still be against banning it?

You are correct Stella he may never have any intention of ever doing that. But hes said he could. Words are dangerous things. And even more so in the mouths of dangerous politicians.

My point is when a man in his powerful position speaks he dare not speak of how he can violate our Rights. I cant go around pouring gasoline on fires while the Fire department is trying to put them out. This country is teetering and its men that say things like that has alienated yet another segment to the population.

• Like 3

Not really. He's merely stating "the facts" as he sees them. Doesn't mean he agrees with them. For instance, while he might say it wouldn't violate anyone's right, is it not possible that he would still be against banning it?

That is possible but in Holder's case I'd guess he'd love to ban it. Regardless, the feds don't have that power since the states are in control of education within their borders. What Holder has said is if liberal states like NY or CA would like to ban homeschooling, the feds wouldn't interfere.

• Like 1

I think its very dangerous what you're saying there, AsteroidX. I want my politicians free to speak of facts as they are, whether they agree with them or not. I think its a very dangerous thing to prevent politicians from even mentioning facts, as this would result in politicians being forced to only speak about what people "want" to hear, contributing to all the problems we have with politicians these days.

Hold politicians accountable for their actions and intentions, sure. Don't hold them accountable for presenting facts if they are correct, as soon you'll see no more facts (at least, correct ones) being presented at all.

• Like 2

So , we don't know what he personally thinks, OR the legal reasons for the statement. I hate all the mystery with these doods

* why.... couldn't he just give us a reason for the statement? bugs me lol

Edited by lightly

So , we don't know what he personally thinks, OR the legal reasons for the statement. I hate all the mystery with these doods

they can get themselves into serious trouble sometimes when they say what they really think. just look at twitter.

I think its very dangerous what you're saying there, AsteroidX. I want my politicians free to speak of facts as they are, whether they agree with them or not. I think its a very dangerous thing to prevent politicians from even mentioning facts, as this would result in politicians being forced to only speak about what people "want" to hear, contributing to all the problems we have with politicians these days.

Hold politicians accountable for their actions and intentions, sure. Don't hold them accountable for presenting facts if they are correct, as soon you'll see no more facts (at least, correct ones) being presented at all.

This isnt the first ridiculously Unconstitutional thing Holder has suggested. Look at whole not the parts. I dont mind saying dangerous things. The Govmnt feels free to threaten the people you can expect the people to threaten the Govmnt back. His the chief attorney in this country. He should be upholding Law not trying to break the Constitution.

• Like 2

This isnt the first ridiculously Unconstitutional thing Holder has suggested. Look at whole not the parts. I dont mind saying dangerous things. The Govmnt feels free to threaten the people you can expect the people to threaten the Govmnt back. His the chief attorney in this country. He should be upholding Law not trying to break the Constitution.

See? Thats my issue right there. What exactly did he suggest WRT the home schooling issue being discussed?

WRT
? not sure what that means

The right to teach your child as you see fit would fall under several of the articles of the Constitution to be honest...The 1st and 8th being obviously relevant. Our school systems are not up to par with many around the world and forcing students to attend them is a violation of our Liberty.

That he says the Federal Govmnt supports States Rights to do so is Unconstitutional. Yet The Federal Govmnt has a green light to raid MMP's Growers in States that have deemed it legal.

See the contradiction in policy ? Its only ok if it fits his agenda on nationalizing indoctrination of children from the cradle to the grave.

• Like 1

Never heard of him. Doing my googling bit. We have our own Eric Holders here too.

My Westie tilts his head too.

The reason why I mentioned the Germany bit is because of this:

A federal district court judge granted the Romikes asylum here against the wishes of the Federal government. The government appealed that decision to the Board of Immigration appeals and won.

I took it that the federal government was not Eric Holders alone.

But the very reason they left Germany was cause they were forcing public schooling for thier children. They came here so they could homeschool. I for one fully support that, so long as the kids education at least meets the standard. For every home schooled kid I have ever seen, that isnt any where near a problem.

• Like 1

Maybe. Problem is he is wrong. It isnt a matter of opinion. It is a right to home school your kids.

Maybe. Problem is he is wrong. It isnt a matter of opinion. It is a right to home school your kids.

Is that in your bill of rights?

Is that in your bill of rights?

Indirectly, yes. Its also in the Declaration of Independence

That would be too specific of an item to be put into the BOR. It is a much more general broad piece of writing. It would IMO fall under the First Amendment. And banning it would possibly be considered cruel and unusual punishment :td:

• Like 1