Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Breaking News Israeli tanks open fire

OverSword

Not much info.

Take 3 deep breaths.

Taking your advice right now.

PRESS TV? I checked Jpost, Arutz Sheva, YNet and Haaretz and nary a word - not ONE about this situation. I think maybe it's a mistakenly dated story. At worst it's probably the IDF firing on someone trying to breach the restricted area. Part of the agreed no man's land. If they try to break the rules I don't know what else Israel can do. If they are allowed to break this time they will do more the next - until rockets will be falling again.

This is harly news. If the story is accurate on this occassion it is not anything different to what happens very often. They often bring in the tanks to destroy the olive trees in Gaza and mess with the farmers' livelihood in any way they can.

They needs to keep the soldiers' minds active somehow. It gets a bit boring sitting, staring at a line, waiting for the next Palestinian kid to enter the 'neutal' zone (which is actually Gaza) to fetch a football so they can shoot him or her in the face.

• Like 1

This is harly news. If the story is accurate on this occassion it is not anything different to what happens very often. They often bring in the tanks to destroy the olive trees in Gaza and mess with the farmers' livelihood in any way they can.

They needs to keep the soldiers' minds active somehow. It gets a bit boring sitting, staring at a line, waiting for the next Palestinian kid to enter the 'neutal' zone (which is actually Gaza) to fetch a football so they can shoot him or her in the face.

Provocative much, Ex?

Provocative much, Ex?

What was incorrect about my post? Considering the vast majority of those killed by the IDF are kids, many of whom have neen shot simply for entering a part of Gaza that Israel has decided they can't, I feel my post was more or less on the money.

• Like 2

What was incorrect about my post? Considering the vast majority of those killed by the IDF are kids, many of whom have neen shot simply for entering a part of Gaza that Israel has decided they can't, I feel my post was more or less on the money.

Never said it was incorrect, just that it was provocative as written. Insinuation that the soldiers shoot children "in the face" out of boredom - describes people who anyone would consider evil, maybe even sub-human. Dehumanizing rhetoric has been used often against the Jews and it gets old to listen to. Frankly I expect more from someone as intelligent as yourself. My complaint about this attitude is not that I feel Israel does no wrong but rather that there is no balance at all in the views of those who come against them. There has never yet been a conflict that has gone on so long as this between Jew and Muslim that had only a single antagonist. You never acknowledge the "other side" of the argument and for me that invalidates such vicious criticism. If many children are killed it is because their elders fight using them as shields - of this there is no dispute. And the reason they do so is because they understand that the only road to ultimate victory is to sway public opinion to their favor by images of the dead. That is where supporters in the west such as yourself, Yam, Brutha and Bug come in.... your support enables the continuance of their hope (and funds) to continue fighting. They will never make peace if they feel they can have all the land without surrendering anything in return. But I think that between obama and the EU, March may bring some serious, possibly dangerous, changes to the region that will please most of the Palestinians. Unfortunately it will not satisfy them for long and when they begin shooting again, I wonder how many here who support them will condemn those acts as strongly as they have condemned Israel? It could happen, if any here are interested in honesty and fairness - we will see.
  • Like 1

Never said it was incorrect, just that it was provocative as written. Insinuation that the soldiers shoot children "in the face" out of boredom - describes people who anyone would consider evil, maybe even sub-human. Dehumanizing rhetoric has been used often against the Jews and it gets old to listen to. Frankly I expect more from someone as intelligent as yourself. My complaint about this attitude is not that I feel Israel does no wrong but rather that there is no balance at all in the views of those who come against them. There has never yet been a conflict that has gone on so long as this between Jew and Muslim that had only a single antagonist. You never acknowledge the "other side" of the argument and for me that invalidates such vicious criticism. If many children are killed it is because their elders fight using them as shields - of this there is no dispute. And the reason they do so is because they understand that the only road to ultimate victory is to sway public opinion to their favor by images of the dead. That is where supporters in the west such as yourself, Yam, Brutha and Bug come in.... your support enables the continuance of their hope (and funds) to continue fighting. They will never make peace if they feel they can have all the land without surrendering anything in return. But I think that between obama and the EU, March may bring some serious, possibly dangerous, changes to the region that will please most of the Palestinians. Unfortunately it will not satisfy them for long and when they begin shooting again, I wonder how many here who support them will condemn those acts as strongly as they have condemned Israel? It could happen, if any here are interested in honesty and fairness - we will see.

The Israelis attack them in their homes. Hint: That's where their kids are.

Israel uses human shields as a matter of policy so what piddly evidence you have of Gazans doing it doesn't satisfy a response to Expand. Yeah supporters from the West enable the continuance of their hope. Too bad.

The Israelis attack them in their homes. Hint: That's where their kids are.

Israel uses human shields as a matter of policy so what piddly evidence you have of Gazans doing it doesn't satisfy a response to Expand. Yeah supporters from the West enable the continuance of their hope. Too bad.

Your first statement does not invalidate anything I said, Yam. I won't argue this with you any longer as you have proven with word and attitude that you would not care if the nation of Israel ( which you feel is illegitimate) disappeared from the planet today. And by any means possible IMO. If these rabble will fight behind their women and children then so they will die. No dishonor attaches to those who fight them in self defense. The Palestinians caould come to a table and talk and COMPROMISE, and peace could be made. But only if, after giving their word, they then KEEP that word. This is something they have shown they will not do. They avoid talking because dupes in the west keep international pressure on Israel to give up all and receive nothing. Now, rant aside, even if Israel were as horrible a criminal state as you claim does it seem logical that they with a vastly superior army and being a silent member of the nuclear club would simply give up and be uprooted from all they have built these 65 years? Or, even worse, give most of it to usurpers and then live as second class citizens in a nation they founded, watching their children live in poverty with no hope of advancement in their own country? That is foolishness Yam. So when that war begins - will those that mindlessly support the Palestinian side only, feel at all responsible for helping to make it a reality?

God is a lucky dude. He threw a rock on Russia. If this stone had landed on Israel they would have bombed HIM.

• Like 1

God is a lucky dude. He threw a rock on Russia. If this stone had landed on Israel they would have bombed HIM.

Nah, He doesn't sweat them. He has an answer for their disobedience - you're just not as patient as He is :w00t:

• 4 weeks later...

Never said it was incorrect, just that it was provocative as written. Insinuation that the soldiers shoot children "in the face" out of boredom - describes people who anyone would consider evil, maybe even sub-human.

Well the Zionists believe everyone else is sub human....

Well the Zionists believe everyone else is sub human....

Coffey I am a Zionist. I believe that the descendants of Jacob (Israel) were given the land of what is now called Palestine. I don't think of it as a political stance or as a way of upsetting people on forums. It's an article of faith with me. I disagree with several people here at UM about Israel - including you - but I honestly NEVER considered another person as sub-human. I'm sure you can find people who claim to be Zionists who DO feel that way about non Jews but I think they are the exception. I believe what God said - He CHOSE the descendants of Jacob to be His people. But He did not say they were better or more worthy. He has dealt quite harshly with them for many years. If there are some among them who are puffed up with pride over being chosen then I think they are foolish. I think they were chosen to be an example of how God wants to deal with us all. IOW - obey His laws or reap the consequences.
  • Like 1

Coffey I am a Zionist. I believe that the descendants of Jacob (Israel) were given the land of what is now called Palestine. I don't think of it as a political stance or as a way of upsetting people on forums. It's an article of faith with me. I disagree with several people here at UM about Israel - including you - but I honestly NEVER considered another person as sub-human. I'm sure you can find people who claim to be Zionists who DO feel that way about non Jews but I think they are the exception. I believe what God said - He CHOSE the descendants of Jacob to be His people. But He did not say they were better or more worthy. He has dealt quite harshly with them for many years. If there are some among them who are puffed up with pride over being chosen then I think they are foolish. I think they were chosen to be an example of how God wants to deal with us all. IOW - obey His laws or reap the consequences.

So you don't follow the Talmud then?

"Just the Jews are humans, the non Jews are no humans but cattle" - Kerith 6b p78, lebhammoth 61

"sexual intercourse with non-Jews is like sexual intercourse with animals" - Midrasch Talpoioth 225

"The non Jews have to be avoided even more than sick pigs" - Orach Calim 57, 6a

"The Birth rate of Non-Jews has to be suppressed massively" - Zohar 11, 4b

"As you replace lose cows and donkeys, so you shall replace non-Jews" - Lore Dea 337,1

Shhhhh! You are not meant to mention any of this...it smacks of genocide if you believe Zohar, and all non-jews as being sub-human - not at all the image that Israeli Judaism wants the rest of the Western World to see.

@ "and then" if this person you call "God" gave you Palestine, then what are you meant to do with it? It is a pretty parched and arid bit of real estate compared to other areas of the world - in fact I am surprised that He didn't give you somewhere like Tuscany, Lichtenstein, or even the rolling hills of southern England. Perhaps he kept the best bits for non - Jews???

Edited by keithisco
  • Like 2

Shhhhh! You are not meant to mention any of this...it smacks of genocide if you believe Zohar, and all non-jews as being sub-human - not at all the image that Israeli Judaism wants the rest of the Western World to see.

@ "and then" if this person you call "God" gave you Palestine, then what are you meant to do with it? It is a pretty parched and arid bit of real estate compared to other areas of the world - in fact I am surprised that He didn't give you somewhere like Tuscany, Lichtenstein, or even the rolling hills of southern England. Perhaps he kept the best bits for non - Jews???

Hahahaha, never thought about it like that before, that's hilarious. He msut love the Scottish and Welsh as well, some beautiful land there. lol

• Like 1

To clarify - I'm not Jewish. But many Jews say the same thing in jest - "If we are the chosen, why did you stick us with THIS land"? :)

I don't claim to understand it all K... I just believe I will someday. And the Jews have made the desert bloom in a way the Palestinians never did. The Palis had agriculture of course - but never on the successful scale that Israel has shown. Very large natural gas deposits have recently been found there and large reserves of oil are suspected as well. So maybe the land is a better spot than it seems? ;) Also, the boundaries of Israel have never actually been fulfilled (yet). It is to stretch from the Nile to the Euphrates and south into Saudi Arabia a bit. MY God isn't constrained by the schedules of mankind :)

Nope, being a Christian I have no need of it. Coffey I don't feel a need to defend biased or racist stupidity - whether it's done by American rednecks or Jewish zealots. If you honestly believe that all or even most, Jews feel these admonitions are correct....then I think you are probably indulging in a little bias and racism yourself. And YES I understand the difference between Jews and Judaism. The Jews are no more monolithic in such deplorable sentiments than southern white men are in their opinions of blacks.

Intentionally misreporting and misrepresenting happenings in this region has only one goal: To further escalate hostilities.

And to those who take part in such idiocy, you're no better than if you were to "shoot a child in the face" yourself. In fact, you're even lower than that. It's my opinion that anyone that decides to take part in these kinds of things need to be wiped off the face of the earth themselves.

They are not, nor will they ever be a part of the solution.

If you're looking for the definition of sub-human THOSE kinds of people are it.

Nope, being a Christian I have no need of it. Coffey I don't feel a need to defend biased or racist stupidity - whether it's done by American rednecks or Jewish zealots. If you honestly believe that all or even most, Jews feel these admonitions are correct....then I think you are probably indulging in a little bias and racism yourself. And YES I understand the difference between Jews and Judaism. The Jews are no more monolithic in such deplorable sentiments than southern white men are in their opinions of blacks.

I didn't think you would to be honest. But i was just making a point that some extremists do and it's worse than what extremist Muslims beleive. Also the people who run Isreal beleive this do they not? I mean they beleive in a prophecy.