Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Meteor Explodes over Russia. dozens injured..

Professor T

So I ask the same question again....did the professional sky watchers see this coming?

I expect a lot of them were setting up their scopes in the opposite direction for the 'other' asteroid fly-by.

Ha typical isn't it...we look over 'there' and one kicks us right up the jacksie from behind us! Id like to think the Russians had some sort of pre-warning but... will leave that to others to answer

• Like 2

Okay...let me word this another way.

The last two that have caused damage/injuries have both been in Russia. And I don't care how big the Tunguska one was....it didn't injure as many as have been reported for this one.

You don't find it even a little odd? I'm certain it's just coincidental. I'm not suggesting anything paranormal here. But you HAVE to admit that this isn't normal.

well... I'm not disagreeing, but we must also remember the earth 'revolves'... so a few hours earlier and it would have possibly struck elsewhere. But thats the great thing about space/universe... always something odd to discuss !!

Just my 2 cents but do you know how big russia is? Covering two continents its more likely to hit russia than other countries twice imo.

I am just thankful it happened somewhere not as much populated. That disaster would be fat worse

• Like 3

Does everyone in Russia have a video camera in their car?

It sure seems that way.

haha, have you seen the car crashes in Russia on the roads on youtube? they all seem to have a camera on the dashboard hoping for a quick 250quid from You`ve been framed.........but seriously the truth is lorries have to have them incase of an accident.

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 1

Just my 2 cents but do you know how big russia is? Covering two continents its more likely to hit russia than other countries twice imo.

I am just thankful it happened somewhere not as much populated. That disaster would be fat worse

I do not think it landed there because it had more space to crash, but I see what you are saying. but it could happen anywhere, thats the scary bit, it just happened to be Russia this time, only cos it was in its way.

the scary thing is, is it could happen anywhere.

• Like 1

well... I'm not disagreeing, but we must also remember the earth 'revolves'... so a few hours earlier and it would have possibly struck elsewhere. But thats the great thing about space/universe... always something odd to discuss !!

I give up.

Now we see the real thing, it is interesting now correct film makers have been in their fictional depictions. And Russia is so very big that obviously there is much more probability of such an event happening than anywhere else. Anything coming in from celestial North, as this one did, will have Russia stretching around much northern hemisphere as a target.

Professor T, excellent thread you started!

Edited by Atentutankh-pasheri
  • Like 1

Does everyone in Russia have a video camera in their car?

It sure seems that way.

That's what I was thinking.There should be a reason for this.

That's what I was thinking.There should be a reason for this.

I have already given it.

Lorries have to have them.

Its an insurance thing, maybe in Russia the cars have them too because there are so many people trying to fiddle the insurance claims...thats why the lorries have to have them now, to stop the fiddles.

We do have footage of other meteorites. This one was just the closest to population centers of any relative size.

This one was over Perth awhile ago.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/technology/sci-tech/meteor-plunges-into-ocean-lighting-up-perth-sky/story-fn5h1ywy-1226414098371

• Like 2

We do have footage of other meteorites. This one was just the closest to population centers of any relative size.

This one was over Perth awhile ago.

http://www.dailytele...y-1226414098371

wow, thats pretty spectacular.

poor fish!

Coincidences do happen, or maybe they were in distant orbit about each other or something like that.

I think all the things of late are going to make the popular astronomy magazine publishers happy.

Okay...let me word this another way.

The last two that have caused damage/injuries have both been in Russia. And I don't care how big the Tunguska one was....it didn't injure as many as have been reported for this one.

You don't find it even a little odd? I'm certain it's just coincidental. I'm not suggesting anything paranormal here. But you HAVE to admit that this isn't normal.

What is normal? You mean normal as in the last 100, 200, 300 years? Normal as in since history has been accurately recorded? Or normal in the last 4.5 billion years this rock has been circling around the sun? Russia is huge...statistically speaking by land masses...it will get hit more often.

I am pretty sure this type of thing happened regularly over the "big picture" time scale. No doom...nothing paranormal.

By the way, "not suggesting anything paranormal here. But you HAVE to admit that this isn't normal." Is one definition of "paranormal"...

So Earth saved Asteroid DA- from a near Asteroid collision with this unnamed meteorite.

• Like 1

Time within the Universe does not work round a 24 hour clock, its not normal for us in our small time on this planet, but its just another bit of space dust to what happens out there.

The meteorite which wiped out the dinosaurs must have seemed pretty abnormal at the time too, but not according to space time.

Edited by freetoroam

They do hit randomly around Earth. I will not jump on that CT theory. Russia is just a large landmass as was mentioned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XlUILcsRDbg

• Like 1

I'm wondering now if I've ever been struck by a rice grain meteor.

yeah you would notice... it would go right through you.

I have already given it.

Lorries have to have them.

Its an insurance thing, maybe in Russia the cars have them too because there are so many people trying to fiddle the insurance claims...thats why the lorries have to have them now, to stop the fiddles.

I was wondering if it was something like that - plus in this day and age being able to have the video from the spectacular pile up wreck can make you a lot of $$.

• Like 1

Meteors travel in packs, I guess? We've got the big one "fifteen minutes away" coming through in a few hours, as well.

I was wondering if it was something like that - plus in this day and age being able to have the video from the spectacular pile up wreck can make you a lot of $$.

We have the relatively newish scam in England, curtosy of the eastern Europeans, they stop suddenly and make you crash into them and claim on the insurance that it was your fault because you were too close, so no doubt Russia and many other European countries have already encountered this scam, hence the cameras.

We will need them on all our cars soon, many cars here are already getting them.

Meteors travel in packs, I guess? We've got the big one "fifteen minutes away" coming through in a few hours, as well.

So do I put the dinner in the oven or just leave it outside to cook?

• Like 2

Ya, you can tell cuz you can hear them howling and banging on war drums in the far reaches of space.

Now to reveal a secret! All the pix you have been seeing were edited. Here is an unedited image of truth about the metorite....

c6e0fd854720.jpg

• Like 5