Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Awake in other dimensions

xXSolemnDemonXx

Do you believe that when we're dreaming, we're awake in another dimension?

Edited by xXSolemnDemonXx
  • Like 1

nope.

I believe dreams are our brain's way of keeping itself entertained and filing away information while the "self repair" and recharge systems are running.

• Like 1

I believe in different dimensions, but i dont know what my mind is up to while im asleep.Think it makes me hide things from myself sometimes though,wake up and cant find a damn thing even though i knew exactly where i put it before i went to sleep haha

nope.

I believe dreams are our brain's way of keeping itself entertained and filing away information while the "self repair" and recharge systems are running.

Lots of research on dreaming would disagree with you.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Based on the kind of dreams that I have, I think it's possible that when we dream we go to another dimension. But that's just what I think because sometimes dreams can be so out there it makes me wonder how my mind came up with it.

• Like 1

I think we evolve in our sleep, kind of like the way a plant grows after receiving plenty and water and sun and then some time in the dark. Over night we see thier growth. I think we grow because we go to a place that offers the nutrients for that growth... we get smarter (or perhaps dumber) based on what we feed our bodies or our minds during the day and especially right before we go to sleep, reading something positive and stimulating aids in development during sleep, you can feel it working during the night when you wake up a little or in the morning. We see this very distinctly in children, they often come up with brilliant statements or are noticably more intellegent first thing after they wake up.

You may not remember everything but there is some sort of impression that has been made and you can feel it. Sometimes our dreams are strong and have deep and powerful (revelatory)meanings, sometimes we connect to others in our dreams in unexplained or psychic ways, sometimes the imagry is so strong and clear or the story unfolds in such a phenominal way that you know "your mind" couldn't possibly come up with such a thing on its own. To answer the op I think the answer is yes.

• Like 3

Not at all. Do you?

Why not? Seem's plausable.

Someone has been watching too much science fiction.

I have often asked.myself this question when I was a child and I still do, I think we can travel other dimentions in our dreams but im not sure if it applies to our wakeing lives. I go by the philosophy "i think therefore I am"

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, well one year ago I wouldve probably said 'Im not sure.'

However, now im quite sure that we do in some dreams. I mean Lucid dreaming can only go so far.

My dreams of late have been so real, I didnt know I was dreaming, felt, tasted, etc etc.

To say that it isnt possible, id say ,prove it isnt.

That being said, we dont know everything about the human mind, as a matter of fact we no **** all.

I was looking up Superhumans, that program earlier today and there was this guy that could increased the conductivity in his skin using his mind or something of the sort. The leading nuerologist in the UK coouldnt understand how it was done.

So unless your an expert on the human mind and no every little last thing about it. Theres no way you can say 'No that cant exist or doesnt.'

Ones belief and opinion is one thing, but dont debunk something with no evidence.