Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ohelemapit

'We want to get into your country

29 posts in this topic

it was debated just before the half term break, i get the sense the politicians are fully aware of the issue. more so than we think. i have a feeling something, will be done.

I wouldn't put money on it Steve, really...

Perhaps change the EU Rules, and let each Nation Charge - Back the Social Security payments to the Country of Origin of their immigrants who are claiming benefits in the foreign country. That would soon wake the Nations up if they were lumbered with a Bill 5 times higher they themselves would have to pay pay if the immigrants had stayed... Actually, I think that is a great idea :yes::clap:

Up to a point I agree with what you've said, Misty, But I can't escape the feeling that, as a nation, the British are being bullied into doing more than their share. Standards of living are higher than those in Bulgaria or Romania in almost any other country in the EU, but Britain is the only country who doles out handfuls of

benefits to all and sundry, and seems to rate the 'Human Rights' of incomers above those of the indigenous population. This is why this country has become the EU's dustbin. Perhaps if we made it just a little harder to come here and exploit Britain then economic migrants may look elsewhere in the EU for their handouts, and the rest of Europe will have to shoulder its share of the burden.

I agree. We are always expected to take in everyone. Why doesn't anyone else take in these people? I also think they should have very strict rules on immigrants.

Tony Blair said only 5000 to 13000 Polish would go to the UK when the barriers were lifted!!! 600,000 have arrived!! Does anyone seriously doubt that it will not be millions of Roma and Bulgarians by next year??

Cameron does not have the Cajones to go up against the EU, but if he called a referendum in the UK on this specific issue and the referendum said "NO" then the EU would be powerless to fine the nation... Anyone thought of starting this demand in the UK, getting signatures etc?? What about Political Parties starting this?

Is there not an opportunity on the UK.gov website to start a petition, whereby if 50,000 people support the motion then it MUST be discussed in Open Parliamentary debate

I think that the media are probably exaggerating the numbers. 29 million are meant to be coming here now. I doubt that, but I do think millions will try come here and hope they don't. due to the fact they won't have anywhere to live.

I wouldn't put money on it Steve, really...

Perhaps change the EU Rules, and let each Nation Charge - Back the Social Security payments to the Country of Origin of their immigrants who are claiming benefits in the foreign country. That would soon wake the Nations up if they were lumbered with a Bill 5 times higher they themselves would have to pay pay if the immigrants had stayed... Actually, I think that is a great idea :yes::clap:

thinking about it i wouldnt put money on it myself really, - i seen on 'europe today' the Bulgerian / Romanian MEP's have started a war of words with the British government, they are not happy at what the British government have been saying about extending the current conditions. which limit their movement to the UK.

Edited by stevewinn