Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

@Gun Owners

stevemagegod

I do and that information is publicly available. It's part of the MLS (multi-list) and is the same thing as the gun owner database. They were not "outed". This is public information. Public information is available to the public. You whining about outing me here is irrelevant. UM users are not public information. (not being a government body) Until UM requires real names like facebook, I don't have to.

Yes but like the gun owners you are an American citizen who exercises your rights in a way which I, a concerned American citizen, feel is potentially hazardous to society. It was ok for others to be listed on the world wide web. I feel like you should do the same. You condone the practice, not me. UM is irrelevant. It's the internet all the same as anything else online. And facebook doesn't require your real name.

Actually the NY paper that released all that info screwed the pooch bigtime. Turned out a great amount of that info was old and irrelevant. Many of the people who were listed no longer even lived at those addresses or had guns since they may have since sold them or whatever. Besides, at least a couple people, that we know of, were robbed for their guns. Unfortunately those pesky irresponsible gun owners had their shlt locked up and the thieves couldn't get them.

Wow i did not know that. That's even more reason for them not to do **** like that. We Gun Owners at least have some protection from Robbers who are dumb enough to try and rob us but for the people who don't have any Guns on that list is just wow. Now your putting people who don't have anything to do in the Gun Debate at risk. At least do your research before you do something stupid like that. Just so much facepalm.

Edited by stevemagegod
  • Like 1

Wow i did not know that. That's even more reason for them not to do **** like that. We Gun Owners at least have some protection from Robbers who are dumb enough to try and rob us but for the people who don't have any Guns on that list is just wow. Now your putting people who don't have anything to do in the Gun Debate at risk. At least do your research before you do something stupid like that. Just so much facepalm.

Yep, it is stupid. Here check this out. I made a thread about it and kept it updated each time I saw a new article pertaining to it. Check it out, you'll enjoy. http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=239918&hl=

I'm sorry I just don't see how it matters or was even useful.

Being a thief, would you break into a home or business that had a vicious dog on the premises, or would you break into the easier target without one? You can't be that naive.

• Like 1

It was ok for others to be listed on the world wide web. I feel like you should do the same.

for the 10th time. I already am.

I would like everyone that is seeing physiatrist, or was prescribed medications by them, to be on the public list. We need to know who those ppl are. Every single high profile shooting, was committed by ppl either seeing mental health professionals, or were know to be antisocial, those antisocial types also should be on the list. None of the shooters classmates were surprised they did it, so we need to single out those, before they commit any crimes,

It would be a lot more effective, to watch relatively tiny number of those ppl, than every single gun in USA. Without them, guns won’t kill kids in schools, and ppl in movie theaters.

Edited by aztek

I would like everyone that is seeing physiatrist, or was prescribed medications by them, to be on the public list. We need to know who those ppl are. Every single high profile shooting, was committed by ppl either seeing mental health professionals, or were know to be antisocial, those antisocial types also should be on the list. None of the shooters classmates were surprised they did it, so we need to single out those, before they commit any crimes,

It would be a lot more effective, to watch relatively tiny number of those ppl, than every single gun in USA. Without them, guns won’t kill kids in schools, and ppl in movie theaters.

Well said. Why not right? They're potentially hazardous to society. Also, nearly all of the 'high profile' shootings were committed by liberal democrats if in fact they had any political alignments at all. Some didn't and were just crazy. The media first and foremost without knowing a damn thing tries and tries to find a right wing or tea party connection and have failed every time. Some had no political views or known voting registrations but those who did all turned out to be Ds. Never hear about that huh?

Edited by -Mr_Fess-

for the 10th time. I already am.

Yea but how am I supposed to find that info? I need you to make it easy just like the newspaper did. Sure we are all listed somewhere but that paper just made it easy to identify certain individuals taking advantage their rights and pursuit of liberty and happiness. That's what you don't get, the ease factor. I find your views harmful and I need more than a ninja turtle to help identify you. I see how you are though. Hypocritical.

• Like 2

Yea but how am I supposed to find that info? I need you to make it easy just like the newspaper did.

It IS easy. You go to the MLS or similar on-line databases and you can find this PUBLIC information. For instance, I found that one of my neighbors was in foreclosure.

Edited by ninjadude

Whoa, calm down there. We don't need anymore witch hunts in this nation.. The U.S. already has enough black marks because of lines of thinking similar to this. Salem Witch Trials or Joseph McCarthy ring any bells? Plus, are you familiar with doctor-patient privacy?

I find it ironic that you claim you want weapons to prevent a police state (tyrannical government), but then support something as this? Especially after the outrage on here over the paper in NY releasing gun owner names and locations? Kettle, meet pot.

Alright ninja.

Green dude, I think he was pointing out the absurdity.

Edited by -Mr_Fess-
  • Like 1

It IS easy. You go to the MLS or similar on-line databases and you can find this PUBLIC information. For instance, I found that one of my neighbors was in foreclosure.

That only shows our lack of privacy in this country. Thank You ND.

• Like 1

Seriously. He's quite the snoop.

• Like 1

Public records are not private. That's the whole point. The gun registration records were public.

Public records are not private. That's the whole point. The gun registration records were public.

We get that. Guess you'll never admit the difference between info just being public and a newspaper creating a spiteful headline and an interactive Internet map with malintent.

Something that should be changed. Lets make a Govmnt department to oversee it. And we can collect taxes to keep them from having there personal information printed. Its called the privacy Act or the 4th Amendment. I bolded the part thats irrelevant.

Amendment 4 - Search and Seizure

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

We get that. Guess you'll never admit the difference between info just being public and a newspaper creating a spiteful headline and an interactive Internet map with malintent.

so your ok now with public registration records, you're just upset with their intent. Interesting. If they had intended to glorify gun owners, it would be ok?

Something that should be changed.

So you're advocating PUBLIC records should be private? You know that's generally what we think *bad*, non freedom loving governments do.

So you're advocating PUBLIC records should be private? You know that's generally what we think *bad*, non freedom loving governments do.

No we should tax them to keep them private for them. It would be better that way.

Obama should be geting illegal guns off the streets instead of going after good guys.

Look at chicgo. People are dieing every day from illegal guns but this moran turns a blind eye to it.

so your ok now with public registration records, you're just upset with their intent. Interesting. If they had intended to glorify gun owners, it would be ok?

I always have been. It's just the manner and intent of the how the info was published... Jesus man, you know wtf I'm talking about. As for a glorifying intent, no to that too. Public records are one thing but this type of exposure is uncalled for. I wouldn't want to even be on the news if I did something great like save someone's life. The world doesn't need to know me.

Alright ninja.

Green dude, I think he was pointing out the absurdity.

My apologies, I didn't catch the sarcasm. Was worried we had made a wrong turn.

• Like 1