Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bigfoot shot. Is this murder?

ouija ouija

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2279702/Man-claims-shot-Bigfoot-Texas-holding-body-causing-fury-Bigfoot-fans-says-lie.html

Just supposing this story is true, could this guy be charged with murder? Or perhaps some crime to do with endangered species?

Killing a bunneh or dog is murder too . Yes. To Buddhists ,beyond definately .

http://www.dailymail...s-says-lie.html

Just supposing this story is true, could this guy be charged with murder? Or perhaps some crime to do with endangered species?

Pretending this is real :w00t::

Murder? Endangered species? I don't see how he can be charged with breaking a law that doesn't exist. Killing another human or a listed endangered species is pretty specific. So unless what he killed is human or on the list, I'd guess "no".

But he's probably guilty of a whole host of other infractions :yes:

Rick Dyer, who runs a website called BigfootTracker.com and makes a living tracking the mythical creature, claims he is ‘going to go down in history as the best Bigfoot tracker in the world.’

eye-rolling-annoyed-smiley.gif

However, he has not yet revealed the ape-man’s body to the public due to a contractual agreement with a documentary crew which allows them to release their film first, he says.

What they mean by this is, its not been made yet.

Not sure about murder, but he should be charged with trying to con people.

Edited by freetoroam

Probably a hoax. However, if genuine it does raise some interesting issues. I doubt you could charge anyone with murder, the distinction is likely confined to one Homo sapiens killing another, at least in the legal sense. A chimpanzee is supposed to share something like 97% of the same DNA as humans and legally killing a chimp is not murder. As far as an endangered species, if it is proven to exist it will probably be quickly listed as an endangered species or given protected status because it is a primate and they are usually considered a protected group of animals. I would think it would set a new legal precedent to make it a crime to kill a animal presumed to be mythical, at least up until the point you have a body. But supposedly there are already laws against killing a sasquatch in some localities in California.

Then again: it's California.....

• Like 2

Apparently, this guy has got 'previous' for inventing bigfoot stories.

To answer the OP... Murder is the pre-meditated unlawful killing of a fellow human, so it wouldn't apply here.

If these bigfoot creatures start appearing on a regular basis, California will probably pass a law to stop them congregating.

Ha ha ha rick dyer he is known to exaggerate & fake photos. :td:

Dam these guys must get bored.. that picture is nothing but his stoned mate outside the tent.

Wait for iiiiit. Give them time to make the dead bigfoot, its was only ordered a few days ago.

• Like 3

Depends on who you ask. Eat a chicken sandwich and tell the right person, and they'll call you a murderer. Legally it would be neither murder nor killing an endangered species. The creature's existence would have to be confirmed for it to be endangered, and it would have to be classified as human for it to be murder. If it's human can it be called an endangered species? Hell if I know.

*eats a chicken sandwich*

Edited by MysticStrummer
  • Like 1

It just didn't seem right to me that people can (hypothetically!), go around killing creatures, willy-nilly, when there are so few of those creatures around(allegedly!). Actually, this it what makes it an obvious hoax ....... if you really knew where Bigfoot was, wouldn't the most logical thing be to capture him/her alive?

• Like 1

Just wondering, exactly how does one go about capturing a 9 ft 800 lb hairy man-beast? :unsure2:

Well, it involves mirrors and chocolate...

• Like 1

Again, pretending this creature were real :w00t:

If science kills (new) species to collect and study them all the time, how could I be in legal hot water for killing some animal new to science?

This animal in NOT classified by mainstream science as either what it is or how many there are in the wild. Are they endangered or highly intelligent and elusive?

This is why the only mythical/imaginary creatures I ever kill are vampires. They always crumble to dust and I don't have to worry about evidence that could be used against me in fairy tale court.

Edited by hatecraft

Wow? You guys have no clue on this subject.

If it is about Dyer, then he should definately be charged with murder, because he probably shot a unwashed homeless man in the back of the head.

• Like 3

I like how Rick Dyer expects everyone to give him a second chance after he tricks the entire world by creating the most famous Bigfoot hoax in recent history. I completely changed my opinion on the video once I learned he shot the video.

It just didn't seem right to me that people can (hypothetically!), go around killing creatures, willy-nilly, when there are so few of those creatures around(allegedly!). Actually, this it what makes it an obvious hoax ....... if you really knew where Bigfoot was, wouldn't the most logical thing be to capture him/her alive?

Actually no. The most logical thing would be to kill one and bring it in for further study - thus finally proving it exists and then species and habitat protection laws could then be put in place.

• Like 1

Philisophicly, isn't any killing that isn't in self defense, self preservation or to aquire food murder? Legaly? No.

• Like 1

Just wondering, exactly how does one go about capturing a 9 ft 800 lb hairy man-beast? :unsure2:

It's easy. Just give me a wink and a sly smile (and maybe flash a little skin) and I'll follow you anywh...

Oh, you're talking about the cryptid bigfoot. Never mind.

Speaking of murdering bigfoot, maybe that's why I've been shot before?

Naw, it was probably just a coincidence.

Whadda ya know? Two in one post. :lol:

It's easy. Just give me a wink and a sly smile (and maybe flash a little skin) and I'll follow you anywh...

Oh, you're talking about the cryptid bigfoot. Never mind.

LOL!

Speaking of murdering bigfoot, maybe that's why I've been shot before?

Naw, it was probably just a coincidence.

I think you need to shave and get a haircut before venturing out again.

• Like 1