Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New OOBE method I just discovered

monicarichardson

Hello friends,

Last night I had to stay up working until 4:30AM. By the time I finished all my work I was exhausted. My eyes were literally closing and I felt like I could fall asleep within seconds. I decided to experiment with this state and see how long I can stay awake with my eyes closed. So I went to bed and lied down on my back (normally, I could never fall asleep in this position). I closed my eyes and was waiting for hypnagogic imagery to kick in. In half a minute I started hearing voices, loud buzzing noises, seeing lights, and all of the sudden I realized that I was paralyzed. It all happened within a minute or so, I believe! Then, vibrations followed and I easily separated from my body.

I don't know if this happened because I'm used to having OOBE's, or because it indeed was a good discovery/method. Give it a try!

• Like 1

Seems very unpleasant to have these sounds of buzzing and noises and even paralysis to occur in order to leave the body. Why is it not so that you can leave your body and still have the ability for it to move? What about a sort of waking out of body experience?

It just seems somewhat wrong for there to be so much discomfort in the process.

Sleep paralysis is strongly linked to astral travel / OBE. According to alot of people, when in the paralyzed state it's a gateway to leave your body. Although I've had alotta sleep paralysis experiences I've never managed to separate but I think I've found the problem so next time I'll see how far it takes me.

Hello friends,

Last night I had to stay up working until 4:30AM. By the time I finished all my work I was exhausted. My eyes were literally closing and I felt like I could fall asleep within seconds. I decided to experiment with this state and see how long I can stay awake with my eyes closed. So I went to bed and lied down on my back (normally, I could never fall asleep in this position). I closed my eyes and was waiting for hypnagogic imagery to kick in. In half a minute I started hearing voices, loud buzzing noises, seeing lights, and all of the sudden I realized that I was paralyzed. It all happened within a minute or so, I believe! Then, vibrations followed and I easily separated from my body.

I don't know if this happened because I'm used to having OOBE's, or because it indeed was a good discovery/method. Give it a try!

This is the sleep deprivation method

Seems very unpleasant to have these sounds of buzzing and noises and even paralysis to occur in order to leave the body. Why is it not so that you can leave your body and still have the ability for it to move? What about a sort of waking out of body experience?

It just seems somewhat wrong for there to be so much discomfort in the process.

It's not uncomfortable at all. When it was first happening for me it was exhilarating. Why does discomfort equal wrong? Working out leaves you with in discomfort, giving birth, eating properly ( at first). Discomfort actually seems to be a prelude to growth.

Hello friends,

Personally i can't sand sleeping on my back for some reason. It takes forever for me to fall a sleep and i am just uncomfortable. But the weird part is every time i have been woken up by the Vibrational Stage of Astral Projection(You know that weird shock that happens right before the vibrations) i have always found myself sleeping on my back(most of rolled on to it during sleep :whistle: ). But yes you are right. What your talking about is exactly what triggers this state for some reason. As i have been trying to maintain this state consciously without being completely exhausted like you said. That way i can have the full experience.

This is the sleep deprivation method

I wouldn't call it the sleep deprivation method. Since hes not really depriving himself of sleep. Just a long hard day of work. I would call it more the Work Your Ass Off All Day Method.

Edited by stevemagegod

Going from the reality to an altered state is like going in a tunnel in a train (stuck, can't go any other direction beside go straight forward => paralysis). When the destination is reached, you can go freely anyway (being able to move). The buzzing sounds and voices are the sound of the engine bumping on walls and revert back.

And lastly, sometime there are creepy creatures and ghosts sneaking on you during the paralysis state is because there are always pickpockets when the train go into the tunnel.

Going from the reality to an altered state is like going in a tunnel in a train (stuck, can't go any other direction beside go straight forward => paralysis). When the destination is reached, you can go freely anyway (being able to move). The buzzing sounds and voices are the sound of the engine bumping on walls and revert back.

And lastly, sometime there are creepy creatures and ghosts sneaking on you during the paralysis state is because there are always pickpockets when the train go into the tunnel.

I think those creatures are always there whether we are in an altered state or not. We just can't see them. Being in an altered state makes it easier to see them though.

I think those creatures are always there whether we are in an altered state or not. We just can't see them. Being in an altered state makes it easier to see them though.

The same goes to the pickpockets, they always exist whether we be in a tunnel or not :)

This is how I had my first obe too, but the vibrations are too intense for me and it leaves me feeling dizzy and nauseous are you supposed to get out while your body is vibrating? I only got my legs out at this stage but immediately pulled them back because I imagined the worst, that something was going to grabb my feet or something. Or are you supposed to relax into them and then get out?