Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Female gamers get three times the trashtalk

Render

Results from an Ohio University study reveal females are much more likely to deal with negative, aggressive chatter than their male counterparts.

Research published on Gamasutra shows players identified as women during Halo 3 multiplayer matches received three unfriendly reactions for every standard interaction, compared to male or unidentified players.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/study-shows-female-gamers-endure-three-times-the-trash-talk/0110974

Frankly, it's been my experience that female gamers give three times the trash talk.

• Like 3

Frankly, it's been my experience that female gamers give three times the trash talk.

And a lot of them like to make a big deal out of it.

My ex developed a popular game . It's on line. I joined just to see if I could get into it . It's not quite my taste ,and I tried,but he told me specifically not to ID myself as a female ,ever.

He said any woman that had ever joined ,was eithr hacked harrassed or stalked .

Young men can be really stupid.

• Like 1

RIFT has/had a good female to male population. And it has been very friendly in the mmo industry to the lady gamers out there.

Really depends on the game.

In DayZ, people who identify as female get more liberal responses in side chat, and more offers of assistance.

Guys on there argue and harass eachother constantly.

Young men can be really stupid.

Just young men?

Edited by Seeker79

Girls get more attention online because a lot of male gamer's are idiotic enough to think they'll get some Tits if they're kind.

Observe:

gamersgettingcreepy.jpg

What a nobhead.

That being said, I hate the term: GamerGirl; it makes no sense and just makes it sound taboo that a girl would play video games and some attention whores love to use it to their advantage.

Observe:

gamer_girl_1.jpg

"Look at me, I'm a girl who can play video games!"

"Yeah , I'm sure you love playing with joy sticks, alright"

Games are for everyone on equal terms, same as Movies and books, and Tv etc.

(P.S) I'd still tap that with the force of a thousand suns, not because she's a gamer but because I'm a teenage boy...ya dig? ^

Edited by Sean93
  • Like 1