Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Derren Brown: I will make a straight man gay

Still Waters

No it's not.

_

just to clear up any confusion; the name 'darren' is spelt d-a-r-r-e-n, and the name 'derren' is spelt d-e-r-r-e-n.

i'd like to say that I don't care for semantics, but I AM a pedant after all.....

:-)

This is so Gay in so many ways

Some women can already do this.

• Like 1

Well, I would like to see him pull it off.

I do not think it is possible, but I am curious to see what he does.

_

just to clear up any confusion; the name 'darren' is spelt d-a-r-r-e-n, and the name 'derren' is spelt d-e-r-r-e-n.

i'd like to say that I don't care for semantics, but I AM a pedant after all.....

:-)

That would be so, if there was any such name as Derren.

:santa:

I'd just like people to know that thanks to this Thread, I've now got ads for Mature Gay Dating, and Local Chubby Gay Men Want To meet You.

:unsure2::santa:

• Like 1

That would be so, if there was any such name as Derren.

:santa:

_

I didn't think 'moon unit' was a name until frank zappa showed me the error of my ways, and now my kids, 'mature english cheddar' and 'DFS winter sale now on!' think i'm crazy!

• Like 2

Derren learned this by performing it on himself... being a bit afraid and not wanting to come completely out of the closet... he convinced himself he had metamorphed his being into that of a gayman just for trial an error purposes.. obviously.

I'd just like people to know that thanks to this Thread, I've now got ads for Mature Gay Dating, and Local Chubby Gay Men Want To meet You.

:unsure2::santa:

An answer to all your problems: Download Firefox (if you don't already use it) and install this add-on (though, perhaps it should be called an add-off?). Goodbye to all ads. Seriously, I've almost forgotten that internet ads exist.

• Like 1

An answer to all your problems: Download Firefox (if you don't already use it) and install this add-on (though, perhaps it should be called an add-off?). Goodbye to all ads. Seriously, I've almost forgotten that internet ads exist.

I`m not sure he was complaining about them.smiley-laughing021.gif

• Like 3

Now how are sites like this one going to make enough money to stay around if everyone uses such ad blockers?

Now how are sites like this one going to make enough money to stay around if everyone uses such ad blockers?

I see your point but can't sites add rules that don't allow people access when ad-blocker are active? It doesn't matter anyway; as far as I'm aware, advertisers cannot tell if those visiting sites have active ad-blockers and they pay money based on site traffic. So shhh, it'll be our secret.

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 1

-

I think my phone must be broken, as i've not seen one advert on here yet?

dammit, I want chubby gay pop-ups too!!

*sulks*

• Like 1

-

I think my phone must be broken, as i've not seen one advert on here yet?

dammit, I want chubby gay pop-ups too!!

*sulks*

Look out your window, he is coming down your road now, I ordered him for you....friend.

fat_man_236wfi.jpg

If I was a millionaire I would bet my entire fortune that the program you mention was not staged. His entire reputation is on the line with all of his stunts, and he would never risk it. Besides, how can you say the guy's acting was bad? If he was acting, it was as real as they come. Just because he didn't react in the same way as actors in horror films? I saw true terror in the man's face.

I think that perhaps in this case, what holds true is that if a person will sell their soul to gain power, then another person may just as easily lose or hamper their reputation just for the money. If he is okay with having such a reputation as he does, then clearly the amount of money he makes is clearly worth it to him.

I think that perhaps in this case, what holds true is that if a person will sell their soul to gain power, then another person may just as easily lose or hamper their reputation just for the money. If he is okay with having such a reputation as he does, then clearly the amount of money he makes is clearly worth it to him.

Except this story was completely fabricated and was debunked in this thread back in post #26. Besides, I don't think this has ever.been about money or power to him.

Except this story was completely fabricated and was debunked in this thread back in post #26. Besides, I don't think this has ever.been about money or power to him.

No, that's why he's on TV so much, with shows with "Derren Brown" in the title.

No, that's why he's on TV so much, with shows with "Derren Brown" in the title.

I believe he likes to show that he's smarter than everyone else in a room and likes to shock people, but I don't think it's about about power.

As far as I'm aware, he was born 'Derren' and used the stage name of 'Darren' early in his career. It's his name.

I believe he likes to show that he's smarter than everyone else in a room and likes to shock people, but I don't think it's about about power.

No, I think it's probably more about being an annoying twerp.

The funniest thing is his list of titles, according to his somewhat gushing entry on Wikipedia, the free Encyclopedia, "Derren Brown (born 27 February 1971)[3] is a British illusionist, mentalist, hypnotist, painter, writer, and sceptic."

I believe he's also (but he's too modest to say) one of the leading existentialist philosophers, an HGV Class I license holder, and a member of the College of Cardinals who will shortly be choosing the new Pope.

• Like 2

No, I think it's probably more about being an annoying twerp.

The funniest thing is his list of titles, according to his somewhat gushing entry on Wikipedia, the free Encyclopedia, "Derren Brown (born 27 February 1971)[3] is a British illusionist, mentalist, hypnotist, painter, writer, and sceptic."

I believe he's also (but he's too modest to say) one of the leading existentialist philosophers, an HGV Class I license holder, and a member of the College of Cardinals who will shortly be choosing the new Pope.

I don't think you can blame him for his 'titles' on Wikipedia. He is a well educated man with quite a bit of life experience. I'm not sure why the titles bother you? He is clearly an illusionist; probably the best mentalist I've ever heard of or seen in action; an accomplished hypnotist, as we all know; probably a crap painter, or amateur at least, so probably not much need for that in there; he has written books, so obviously a writer; and he devotes much of his life to debunking the 'paranormal', very successfully I might add. I'm not sure what the problem is.

Is it just his smarmy attitude?

Personally I think he's great; as close to genius in his expertise as they come and very entertaining.