Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

England - India

spud the mackem

The 2 prime Ministers got together to promote trade between the 2 Countries,then to the English Prime Ministers amazement the Indian P.M. asked why England are not allowing more Indians into the U.K....??....

Why do so many Indians want to leave India?

dodgy leadership, poor control of crime, extreme poverty, low wages, water bad, bad healthcare, country can't find any money, Over population

• Like 1

we already have a lot of shops here owned by Indians, they only employ their own family or friends.

As to why England are not allowing more Indians into the U.K.?? This has to be the joke of the century!!

So all that aid money we have given to India has helped them build their businesses up, great now we can STOP!!

Personally I do not want to buy Indian products, why can`t our prime ministers promote businesses in England instead?

We have had many made redundant here because the jobs went to India, so they have taken our jobs to make our products for pittance because their standard of living is less than ours and now they want us to buy them off them! blooming cheek!!!

• Like 2

India makes good incense. I buy Nag Champa exclusively.

we already have a lot of shops here owned by Indians, they only employ their own family or friends.

As to why England are not allowing more Indians into the U.K.?? This has to be the joke of the century!!

So all that aid money we have given to India has helped them build their businesses up, great now we can STOP!!

Personally I do not want to buy Indian products, why can`t our prime ministers promote businesses in England instead?

We have had many made redundant here because the jobs went to India, so they have taken our jobs to make our products for pittance because their standard of living is less than ours and now they want us to buy them off them! blooming cheek!!!

actually Indians do not take jobs, they earn them and work hard while British people moan about everything, and not bothering to do anything

• Like 2

actually Indians do not take jobs, they earn them and work hard while British people moan about everything, and not bothering to do anything

Bull locks.

You come here and try and get a job in one of the local Indian shops!

The reason they have the shops is because they could afford to buy them, in many areas this was not possible for the English people.

When the riots came to Croydon, many of the Indian shops got attacked, much of this was because the Indians make it quite clear they do not like the black population round there and would never employ anyone who is not a member of their family or an Indian friend.

• Like 3

Bull locks.

You come here and try and get a job in one of the local Indian shops!

The reason they have the shops is because they could afford to buy them, in many areas this was not possible for the English people.

When the riots came to Croydon, many of the Indian shops got attacked, much of this was because the Indians make it quite clear they do not like the black population round there and would never employ anyone who is not a member of their family or an Indian friend.

I know a Chinese person who works in an Indian shop in Portsmouth..

I know a Chinese person who works in an Indian shop in Portsmouth..

That would not surprise me, he is not English and it would not surprise me if he was being paid pittance and is illegal here. Does he live in a one bed apartment above the shop with his wife and kids too, all sleeping on mattresses?

Do not get me wrong, many of the Indian people are very nice and polite, but as for integrating, many have no intentions of doing that.

In England we do not have the poor people of Indian who were living in poverty, we have the rich people of Indian who did not want to live next to the people living in poverty, so instead of helping them they came here and we started sending money to India to help the people the Indians who left did not want to.

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 2

The 2 prime Ministers got together to promote trade between the 2 Countries,then to the English Prime Ministers amazement the Indian P.M. asked why England are not allowing more Indians into the U.K....??....

because believe it or not we have a quota for migrants from outside the EU.

Do you realise that the luxury that we in the west live in is as a result of the poverty that occurs in countries like India, because we can use slave labour? Do have ANY idea at all of the conditions they work in. It's not THEM wanting us to buy off them, it's US going over their and asking them to make it because we can pay them peanuts.

We are totally out of order in the UK. Whilst we have austerity to repay debts, India have a space program and take aid from the UK. They are just annoyed we have started to wake up and stop being taken the wee wee out of.

• Like 2

Do you realise that the luxury that we in the west live in is as a result of the poverty that occurs in countries like India, because we can use slave labour? Do have ANY idea at all of the conditions they work in. It's not THEM wanting us to buy off them, it's US going over their and asking them to make it because we can pay them peanuts.

All the more reason for the RICH Indians to help their own too!!! HAVE YOU seen the rich Indians we have here?

Have a look at those rich Indians, they want nothing to do with the poor Indians, so please do not try and make us feel guilty!

You are talking about certain areas, but from what we are seeing on the news at this very moment, Cameron in India, none of those people look poor.

We too would probably in dire poverty if we bred like they did in some parts. Over populated cities is not going to go without problems!

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 1

dodgy leadership, poor control of crime, extreme poverty, low wages, water bad, bad healthcare, country can't find any money, Over population

Not exactly plus points for the UK are they?

We pay them peanuts.....yo man,and get crap goods back.
  • Like 1

I see from the news that Call-me-Dave is apologising (yes - another apology!) to the Indians for the Amritsar massacre of 1919. Fair enough, but will India be apologising for the atrocities committed by Indian troops and civilians during the Sepoy Mutiny of 1857 and the 'Black Hole of Calcutta' incident of 1756? Don't hold your breath!

Edited by ealdwita
  • Like 3

A couple of people here have mentioned aid. Aid is not given to countries with charity in mind. Aid in this respect is a name given to the act of bribing poor countries. The term was adopted by Western countries who give these bribes as a means to legitimise the act of bribery. It is a quid pro quo type of deal. When people state 'We should stop giving aid', they are effectively stating (possibly quite rightly) that we should stop bribing these countries' governments and leaders into doing business with us; an act which results in our cheap products and comparatively superior lifestyle.

The idea that our government would do anything to help extreme poverty or nations in trouble in this manner, for no reason other than to help, is quite ridiculous, and it is a testament to both the ignorance of the masses and the intellect of those who created the system that it even still today exists, largely unquestioned.

• Like 3

I see from the news that Call-me-Dave is apologising (yes - another apology!) to the Indians for the Amritsar massacre of 1919. Fair enough, but will India be apologising for the atrocities committed by Indian troops and civilians during the Sepoy Mutiny of 1857 and the 'Black Hole of Calcutta' incident of 1756? Don't hold your breath!

I think you've got got a faulty news source there, everything I've read has reported the opposite.

Left or Right, choose your poison. :)

http://www.guardian....-massacre-india

http://www.dailymail...-shot-down.html

I would never ask any nation to apologise for rebelling against tyranny, occupation or imperialism. To put it into perspective, how many nations have apologised to Germany for the 10+ million Germans who were killed in Europe, after WW2? Or the Japanese who were massacred? Context is everything and Britain in that time was the aggressor, which makes it difficult to take any sort of moral high ground.

i can not see Dave Camewrong asking them for an apology as he is handing them another few million of tax payers money as "aid" for the Indians space programme.

I dont know Indian culture but this seems like a deliberate attempt to ask a difficult question.

Time to cut the £10 billion aid as punishment.

I would never ask any nation to apologise for rebelling against tyranny, occupation or imperialism. To put it into perspective, how many nations have apologised to Germany for the 10+ million Germans who were killed in Europe, after WW2? Or the Japanese who were massacred? Context is everything and Britain in that time was the aggressor, which makes it difficult to take any sort of moral high ground.

Next time Cameron goes he should take an Indian history book with him.

Then ask why India things Britain owes it something seeing as its kingdoms liked doing to each other exactly what we did to them. If they had slaves (which they did) how can they call us for having them? If they conquered (which they did) then how can they call us for having them.

Britain needs to grow a pair, stick too fingers up to all the third world counties (many of which still have slaves to this very day) and get on with creating a prosperous future for our own people.

• Like 3

Indian P.M. asked why England are not allowing more Indians into the U.K....??....

Because England is full to the brim and the government is currently reducing immigration into Britain from the hundreds of thousands to the tens of thousands.

• Like 1

Next time Cameron goes he should take an Indian history book with him.

Then ask why India things Britain owes it something seeing as its kingdoms liked doing to each other exactly what we did to them. If they had slaves (which they did) how can they call us for having them? If they conquered (which they did) then how can they call us for having them.

Britain needs to grow a pair, stick too fingers up to all the third world counties (many of which still have slaves to this very day) and get on with creating a prosperous future for our own people.

While you without a doubt have a point, I don't think it is a simple as you make out. I think both sides should have to apologise, within a certain amount of time (no point in apologising for something that happened half a millennia ago. It would have to be something fresh in the collective memory), to any nations they have recently conquered. This means that either should be able to accept an apology, or should be due one, regardless of the past. If Russia had, during the Cold War, invaded and subdued Britain, would the people of Britain then, decades later, not be due some sort of apology, if both sides were by then on better terms? Simply due to their own foreign policy and actions of the past?

Follow my logic? It's like a criminal assaulting another criminal and then not having any sort of penance or punishment, due to the victim also being a past criminal.

Oh and by the way, the aid has nothing to do with us owing them anything for the past.

Edited by ExpandMyMind

While you without a doubt have a point, I don't think it is a simple as you make out. I think both sides should have to apologise, within a certain amount of time (no point in apologising for something that happened half a millennia ago. It would have to be something fresh in the collective memory), to any nations they have recently conquered. This means that either should be able to accept an apology, or should be due one, regardless of the past. If Russia had, during the Cold War, invaded and subdued Britain, would the people of Britain then, decades later, not be due some sort of apology, if both sides were by then on better terms? Simply due to their own foreign policy and actions of the past?

Follow my logic? It's like a criminal assaulting another criminal and then not having any sort of penance or punishment, due to the victim also being a past criminal.

Oh and by the way, the aid has nothing to do with us owing them anything for the past.

Instead of apologising I'd much rather prefer a PM to go and restablish us as a superpower thanks.