Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Possible UFO Crash/Landing: Mansfield, Ohio

topsecretresearch

http://youtu.be/w8nu8mA6Ewc

MANSFIELD, Ohio - A national UFO organization planned to come to Ohio to investigate an alleged UFO sighting, 10TV’s Kevin Landers reported on Wednesday.

According to one man, something crashed into the Richland County woods in November.

Investigators have not been able to figure out what the glowing object was that Don Beverly’s son, Rick, saw, Landers reported.

“I (came) to the window of the back door right there, and I look out and those woods were lit up,” Don Beverly said.

Read the rest here: http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2012/01/04/mansfield-reported-ufo-sighting-brings-national-group-to-investigate.html

• Like 1

i was obsessed wtih the theme from the Xfiles, used to play it all the time.

also cool video.

Sounds more like a meteor IMO.

The problem is the woods were glowing yet no trace. Unless it was covered-up.

Sounds more like a meteor IMO.

The witness says this also in the video...But, it is not put in as the main thing, that would ruin it . :)

I was kind of surprised to see this on here. This is from my neck of the woods and I actually know the people mentioned in the article. I don't know them well but they are from the same town as me. Rick Beverly was a year or two under me in school. I think his parents have now moved to southern Ohio since this took place. I'm not sure where Rick is currently at.

I originally heard about this a few days after it happened. I haven't had the oppurtunity to talk to Rick about it myself but from what he told other friends in common is that some sort of light shot down out of the sky and landed in the woods. Like it said in the article,the light could still be seen in the woods glowing for awhile.They called 911 about it and quite a few police showed up to search the area. They supposedly wouldn't let anyone else go in to look. I'm not sure if any military were involved or not. But supposedly nothing was found. Personally i'm thinking it was a meteorite. But I can't be sure of that.

I'll see if I can't track down Rick and ask him what happened in person. I'm not sure where he is currently located though.

Edited by mace13

I was kind of surprised to see this on here. This is from my neck of the woods and I actually know the people mentioned in the article. I don't know them well but they are from the same town as me. Rick Beverly was a year or two under me in school. I think his parents have now moved to southern Ohio since this took place. I'm not sure where Rick is currently at.

I originally heard about this a few days after it happened. I haven't had the oppurtunity to talk to Rick about it myself but from what he told other friends in common is that some sort of light shot down out of the sky and landed in the woods. Like it said in the article,the light could still be seen in the woods glowing for awhile.They called 911 about it and quite a few police showed up to search the area. They supposedly wouldn't let anyone else go in to look. I'm not sure if any military were involved or not. But supposedly nothing was found. Personally i'm thinking it was a meteorite. But I can't be sure of that.

I'll see if I can't track down Rick and ask him what happened in person. I'm not sure where he is currently located though.

At the very least, tell them to get out there and find some rocks, they could make some good cash.

• Like 1

At the very least, tell them to get out there and find some rocks, they could make some good cash.

Yeah I agree. Had I had witnessed that, my ass would have been out searching the woods while it was still glowing.

i was obsessed wtih the theme from the Xfiles, used to play it all the time.

also cool video.

You know you might be a little Geeky if you had or have that tune on your ring tone for your phone Like I did for a few years ! LoL !

Maybe Its time to put it back on ? Cheer`s

:alien:

The problem is the woods were glowing yet no trace. Unless it was covered-up.

Never EVER look for the mundane first, right?? :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...

Never EVER look for the mundane first, right?? :wacko:

Let's look at the details:

It was described as a ball of fire with a tail 200 yards (182 meters) long.

"no limbs broken, no trees bent over, no burnt spots" after the woods were glowing for half an hour.

Note according to the witness and or his son:

“I (came) to the window of the back door right there, and I look out and those woods were lit up,” Don Beverly said.

The Ohio State Highway Patrol confirmed there were several reports of mysterious objects down in the woods and they along with local law enforcement along with the national guard scour the area in case it was a plane down but again found nothing.

Beverly said that trees glowed for about a half hour, and he thought a plane had crashed. He called 911 for help, Landers reported.

also:

Beverly said that at least two other people called about a fire ball in the sky.

So there were multiple witnesses to a Fireball. The woods glowed for half an hour. The Air National Guard was invloved in a search of the woods. It doesn't seem like a very mundane report. Interestingly enough the Air National Guard was invloved in the Pheonix Lights cover story.

Edited by topsecretresearch

Yeah I agree. Had I had witnessed that, my ass would have been out searching the woods while it was still glowing.

You could have been abducted