Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SpiritWriter

Spirit Animals

5 posts in this topic

What is your spirit animal?

How did you become aware of this?

What does it mean to you, how has it changed your life etc?

I have more than one spirit animal and I have reasons for each of them but I will tell you how I became aware of one of them: The Wolf (I wont mention names but a member of this site did call me a wolf in sheeps clothing which happens to be ironic, but that is not the type of wolf I mean. (And, my friend - unnamed user you know who you are I am not mad, I hope you dont still think that, but either which way I let that go.)

This was my revelation of the wolf spirit animal: I was on a prayer walk one day near the water and I had a strong third eye vision of a wolf over my face in a ghostly apparation, it was hovering over my face like a mask, but I knew it to be my own face. Another, darker wolf faced me and was growling. I knew this to be a sign that I must face myself and fight (my fears, shortcomings etc) I knew this was an indication that the wolf was my spirit animal because the vision was very clear and the primary (good) wolf's face was undeniably a part of my own face.

I looked up what wolf spirit animal meant and according to a couple of accounts it means that I would take my own path, sort of a journey off the beaten road, for aquiring spiritual knowledge and that I would come back and teach it, or that the wolf would be my teacher somehow..

That was my only experience with the wolf so far and that was over a year ago. I hope she makes an appearance again. :)

I hope others will share thier Spirit Animal stories! You guys really should start opening up more. On my last thread I started I had more people pm me about thier experiences than share openly on the thread, stating they were tired of the skeptics! That is sad guys... But if you truly do feel uncomfortable feel free to pm me. I am interested in this subject. I hope we get some knowlegable replies. :)

Edited by SpiritWriter

The Hawaiians call spirit animals Aumakua and are usually family gods. My family has the Honu or Hawaiian green sea turtle. I've been told this is a grand parent from many generations ago and that she represents wisdom and longevity.

We also have Native American ancestry, an told Lakota but not sure, and my totem animal is the Puma, recognized through dreams. :) And also I think I can associate my lifestyle to theirs, prefer solitary lifestyle.

I'm not sure what knowing these things do for me. I just recognize that these are both animals I can relate to in certain ways. :)

Edited by Lava_Lady
1 person likes this

As a child I had been terrified of snakes. I used to have nightmares, I couldn't even watch them on TV or look at pictures. But growing up, I became more and more fascinated and even interested in snakes. I was told long ago that the snake and the wolf were my animal spirits. As a skeptic, I wouldn't care much about 'spirit animals' or guides. But I am very fond of these two particular animals (and their various species). I like to read about their behavior, I find their nature to be so awesome. So beautiful. Animals can be so gentle yet so very powerful. Wolves are one the noblest creatures there are. But both are given a bad name. It's funny you said something about 'a wolf in a sheep's clothing'. I used to be thought of as a black sheep in my family, but I realized I wasn't so - I wasn't even a sheep; I am more like a wolf. Wolves cannot be domesticated or trained like dogs. They are far more superior in the intellectual forte. They choose their own lessons. They aren't easily sucked up into the accepted norms, behavior or systems. They have their own rules and behavior. They cannot be bribed into doing stuff (like in dogs wherein they can be trained to do 'acts' for some treats) or punished and pushed into doing something else, but they follow strong leadership. They admire good role models, and aspire to be good teachers themselves. It's said that the best teacher is also an excellent student. It holds true for wolves.

PS - Lone wolf is my personality trait. I have been asked before whether I believe in the existence of werewolves. I do not. In my opinion, werewolves is stupid concept. Animal spirits, however, can be inspiring and meaningful to people sometimes. But real life is so very different, right? Practically, humankind and the human spirit itself seems like entirely different genres. Maybe we're just losing touch. Sorry about the long post. Great thread. It made me think. Have a great day.

Edited by dlonewolf85
1 person likes this

:) lonewolf
1 person likes this

:) lonewolf

Yeah, that's me. Imma bad, bad boy. :)