Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pack of hunting hounds attack fox on road

Still Waters

Try telling that to the parents of the Koupparis twins, or to the parents of that baby a couple of weeks ago which had its finger bitten off by one.

Fox bites off baby's finger in cot attack: http://news.sky.com/...r-in-cot-attack

For comparison, please post references/links to the news items for the same period where adults and children have been injured. maimed and killed by domestic pets.

• Like 1

Try telling that to the parents of the Koupparis twins, or to the parents of that baby a couple of weeks ago which had its finger bitten off by one.

Fox bites off baby's finger in cot attack: http://news.sky.com/...r-in-cot-attack

Honestly, in my opinion if people leave back doors wide open with a 1 month old child asleep upstairs then they should be thankful it wasn't anything worse. Might sound harsh but I live 3 miles outside of a city and although there are no particular problems in the area I live in, I would not leave an outside door wide open with a baby asleep upstairs (especially if whatever came in could get upstairs without having to pass where I was sitting).

• Like 1

I say we go the whole hog and cull anything that that hurts humans: Lets not be selective.

• Husky dogs: Link
  • German Shepherds: Link
  • Dogs in general: Link
  • Bullmastiffs: Link
  • Staffi: Link
  • That well know killer the Chihuahua: Link

Those are just a few recent attacks by pet (domesticated) dogs not wild foxes.

Labour may well have banned fox hunting but they left a huge loophole for them and friends to carry on this barbaric act, and indeed they do anytime they want to.

There are always going to be incidents of wild animals biting or hurting people... what do we do cull them all.

Just for the record, it isn't a way of life for country people.

• Like 2

I say we go the whole hog and cull anything that that hurts humans: Lets not be selective.

• Husky dogs: Link
  • German Shepherds: Link
  • Dogs in general: Link
  • Bullmastiffs: Link
  • Staffi: Link
  • That well know killer the Chihuahua: Link

Those are just a few recent attacks by pet (domesticated) dogs not wild foxes.

Labour may well have banned fox hunting but they left a huge loophole for them and friends to carry on this barbaric act, and indeed they do anytime they want to.

There are always going to be incidents of wild animals biting or hurting people... what do we do cull them all.

Just for the record, it isn't a way of life for country people.

In fact COWS can be quite dangerous, not only have people been seriously hurt by cows there have been people KILLED by them too! Maybe there needs to be a cow cull too????

• Like 1

In fact COWS can be quite dangerous, not only have people been seriously hurt by cows there have been people KILLED by them too! Maybe there needs to be a cow cull too????

lol

I do not think the rich fox hunters are interested in having their dogs chase the cows, so this will never happen.

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 1

Its not unusual people to be likked by cows, in recent years one summer alone 4/5 people were killed by them.

Home many children have been killed by family pets and compare that to how many children have been killed by fox's?

Here is a new report on other fox attacks on people: Fox attacks They dug pretty deep to come up with 4 or incidents and had to go back to 2002 to pull them out.

Urban wildlife expert John Bryant said such an attack was extremely rare. Link

"I have only ever heard of two cases in my 40 years of dealing with foxes, one of which turned out to be a German Shepherd and the other a cat," he said.

Fox hunting is barabaric, it is animal cruelty at its worst, and I repeat myself whe I say this: "You can always judge the moral fibre of individuals by the way they treat animals".

• Like 3

Yes, I do. And so do many people. That is the sensible thing to do when the populations of certain animals spirals out of control and they are causing problems with humans, such as attacking them or spreading their diseases. I'm afraid I'm more concerned about the welfare of humans beings that I am about other animals. The government is soon to start culling badgers in England to prevent the spread of TB. It should also start doing something to alleviate the problem of the fox.

Attacks are becoming more common because the fox numbers in Britain are spiralling out of control due to Labour's ban on foxhunting.

So everyone who takes part in foxhunting is "pompous and rich" are they? Yeah, alright.

I always thought that foxhunting was a way of life for many people in the country - the people who know what foxes are REALLY like, such as farmers - rather than just the "rich".

I've seen the "Like This" button but I can't find the "Dislike This" button...

Oh how I wish we could say the same thing for humans!

Going round killing human beings is wrong, it's evil and it beggars belief that you would like it to happen.

Tell you what, if you want to start culling humans maybe you should start with your wife and kids. And, then, when you've finished your killing spree, you should then kill yourself.

As for the badgers, they carry bovine TB, not good for the cattle.

That's why they are about to be culled. The cattle are our food and culling the badgers to stop the badger diseasing our food is the right thing to do.

the destruction he has caused to the country side and to this planet,

Man hasn't caused destruction to this planet and to the countryside. It's only the Global Warnists - who are always wrong - who belief that.

Those rich snobs are not killing the foxes for any other reason but for sport!

So all those who take part in foxhunting are "rich snobs", are they?

It's typcial of your type to blame something which you don't agree with on "the rich".

I always thought that foxhunting was a popular sport for many country people, rich or otherwise. Farmers who, for understandable reasons, hate the fox, love to take part in fox hunts. I'd take part in them too, if I could, and I'm not rich.

And foxhunting is not a sport. It's a combination of sport, wildlife management and pest control.

foxes would not be thriving in the inner cities.

Yeah. It's always the fault of evil humans, is it? Cuddly little Foxy Woxy is never to blame and is always right.

Edited by TheLastLazyGun

Getting commoner and commoner, I'm afraid, since the band on foxhunting.

Thankfully, though, foxhunting won't be banned forever. It's only a matter of time before the ban is repealed. Once the fox numbers continue to increase and attacks by foxes on humans also continue to increase, repealing the ban on foxhunting will seem the only sensible thing to do.

Going round killing human beings is wrong, it's evil and it beggars belief that you would like it to happen.

Tell you what, if you want to start culling humans maybe you should start with your wife and kids. And, then, when you've finished your killing spree, you should then kill yourself.

That's why they are about to be culled. The cattle are our food and culling the badgers to stop the badger diseasing our food is the right thing to do.

Man hasn't caused destruction to this planet and to the countryside. It's only the Global Warnists - who are always wrong - who belief that.

It's typcial of your type to blame something which you don't agree with on "the rich".

I always thought that foxhunting was a popular sport for many country people, rich or otherwise. Farmers who, for understandable reasons, hate the fox, love to take part in fox hunts. I'd take part in them too, if I could, and I'm not rich.

Yeah. It's always the fault of evil humans, is it? Cuddly little Foxy Woxy is never to blame and is always right.

I have to say when you miss the target, you sure do it well..

For comparison, please post references/links to the news items for the same period where adults and children have been injured. maimed and killed by domestic pets.

When children are maimed by domestic dogs the dogs are then killed.

When children are maimed by domestic dogs the dogs are then killed.

That particular dog. Not all dogs.

• Like 1

That particular dog. Not all dogs.

And the government does try to limit the number of dangerous dogs in Britain. Most very dangerous breeds are illegal. We can't, however, oulaw the fox. We can, though, reduce its numbers.

Edited by TheLastLazyGun

And the government does try to limit the number of dangerous dogs in Britain. Most very dangerous breeds are illegal. We can't, however, oulaw the fox. We can, though, reduce its numbers.

But to attack a whole species because of one fox incident is just crazy. We don't ban all dogs because of a dangerous few breeds. I guarantee you that more children have been bitten and attacked by poodles in the last 5 years than by foxes. But we don't go out culling all poodles!!

The reason people want the ban on hunting with hounds lifted is so they can play this barbaric "sport". The fact that one child was injured lately is just being used as a feeble reasoning behind it. Allowing hunting with hounds will not have any great effect on urban foxes at all, and apparently these are the ones which are a danger to our kids!

• Like 4

Hahahahaha, very civilized reply!!!

You need to read about it, it is not harmful to humans.

This I can`t believe you have put, speechless!!!

And what is my type?

Well there you go, thinking!!

And foxhunting is not a sport. It's a combination of sport, wildlife management and pest control.

It is a sport for the rich and they do it because of exactly that....its a sport!

This bit I agree with you.

Edited by freetoroam

But to attack a whole species because of one fox incident is just crazy. We don't ban all dogs because of a dangerous few breeds. I guarantee you that more children have been bitten and attacked by poodles in the last 5 years than by foxes. But we don't go out culling all poodles!!

The reason people want the ban on hunting with hounds lifted is so they can play this barbaric "sport". The fact that one child was injured lately is just being used as a feeble reasoning behind it. Allowing hunting with hounds will not have any great effect on urban foxes at all, and apparently these are the ones which are a danger to our kids!

Absolutely

Whats the big deal? Are foxes endangered?

What do people think that wild animals do with their lives? Sit around drinking tea and knitting? All animals that can eat meat enjoy killing, as evolution has ensured. Heck cats will tease a mouse/bird for hours while its bleeding to death slowly, but no one is trying to ban mouse/bird hunting using cats. Humans don't have to train the dogs to chase foxes, it is a natural response.

Is a pack of dogs killing a fox is different from a pack of dogs killing a wild boar? Why? Because the fox is cute? It doesn't matter how cute the animal is, a fox is a more direct threat than a wild boar (unless you live in the forrest, then it might be a tie).

Whats the big deal? Are foxes endangered?

What do people think that wild animals do with their lives? Sit around drinking tea and knitting? All animals that can eat meat enjoy killing, as evolution has ensured. Heck cats will tease a mouse/bird for hours while its bleeding to death slowly, but no one is trying to ban mouse/bird hunting using cats. Humans don't have to train the dogs to chase foxes, it is a natural response.

Is a pack of dogs killing a fox is different from a pack of dogs killing a wild boar? Why? Because the fox is cute? It doesn't matter how cute the animal is, a fox is a more direct threat than a wild boar (unless you live in the forrest, then it might be a tie).

The dogs are killing the fox for the amusement of the rich man on his horse which they class as a sport. if the dogs were killings the fox because of a natural process of survival, then fine, but this is not the case.

Its not unusual people to be likked by cows, in recent years one summer alone 4/5 people were killed by them.

Home many children have been killed by family pets and compare that to how many children have been killed by fox's?

Here is a new report on other fox attacks on people: Fox attacks They dug pretty deep to come up with 4 or incidents and had to go back to 2002 to pull them out.

"I have only ever heard of two cases in my 40 years of dealing with foxes, one of which turned out to be a German Shepherd and the other a cat," he said.

Fox hunting is barabaric, it is animal cruelty at its worst, and I repeat myself whe I say this: "You can always judge the moral fibre of individuals by the way they treat animals".

The dogs are killing the fox for the amusement of the rich man on his horse which they class as a sport. if the dogs were killings the fox because of a natural process of survival, then fine, but this is not the case.

So you aren't against the torment of animals by other animals unless a human is watching. What if the guys on horseback looked the other way. Would that be ok?

So you aren't against the torment of animals by other animals unless a human is watching. What if the guys on horseback looked the other way. Would that be ok?

haha, you are having it up my back.

That is not what I was saying at all.

Nature is cruel, but this "sport" is not part of nature.

haha, you are having it up my back.

That is not what I was saying at all.

Nature is cruel, but this "sport" is not part of nature.

By definition, anything done by an animal (or human) is part of nature. In my country (where there are no foxes) we use dogs with gps locators to track and hold boars for hunters to shoot or stab to death. I fail to see the difference between a boar and a fox apart from the cute factor.

Edited by Professor Buzzkill

By definition, anything done by an animal (or human) is part of nature. In my country (where there are no foxes) we use dogs with gps locators to track and hold boars for hunters to shoot or stab to death. I fail to see the difference between a boar and a fox apart from the cute factor.

I think that is also disgusting, its got nothing to do with cute factor. Although I am guessing that at least the boars get eaten? If someone wants to head out with a gun and kill an animal that they will later eat then fair enough, that is their decision. But in my opinion, to hunt down an animal in the name of sport, for it to be chased for miles upon miles, terrified and then eventually torn to pieces for nothing more than the thrill and amusement of humans is just sickening.