Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Joe Salazar - no guns for rape protection

OverSword

From the article:

State Representative Joe Salazar said publically that students should not have access to guns for protection from being raped.

Salazar said: “It’s why we have call boxes, it’s why we have safe zones, it’s why we have the whistles. Because you just don’t know who you’re gonna be shooting at. And you don’t know if you feel like you’re gonna be raped, or if you feel like someone’s been following you around or if you feel like you’re in trouble when you may actually not be, that you pop out that gun and you pop — pop around at somebody.”

The University of Colorado Springs Department of Public Safety (DPS) promptly revised their online advisory statement concerning safety for females on campus to include vomiting, urinating and claiming they are menstruating to fend off an attacker.

These suggestions originated with the Rape Aggression Defense (RAD) systems class curriculum that is promoted by the DPS as a form of empowerment and training as self-defense options.

http://occupycorporatism.com/colorado-rep-no-guns-rape-victims-urinate-or-vomit-will-protect-you/

For some reason, I have a feeling plenty of rape victims have vomited and/or sh** themselves while being raped... and not once have I heard it saved someone from being raped.

• Like 5

Well he's right. If anything, I'd want a knife, so I could cut the ****er's willie off and let it serve as a reminder to him for the rest of his days of what a sick **** he is.

• Like 5

Wow, I'm flummoxed by this. Since I'm not too sure if I can be civil, coherent, and non-tangenting yet, I will refrain from comment.

But I will say.... When I was going to school in downtown Chicago, taking the L every class day... I always wore my hair up in a bun, pinned with a pair of 6 inch steel mandrels in case I needed some self defense. Something akin to Lady K's suggestion, icepick style. Thankfully I never needed to use them for anything other than holding my hair :)

• Like 1

I just saw a bunch of female applicants to the University of Colorado change there college of choice options.

• Like 1

Well he's right. If anything, I'd want a knife, so I could cut the ****er's willie off and let it serve as a reminder to him for the rest of his days of what a sick **** he is.

Unfortunately, unless he ends up dead, he'll probably continue to victimize and rape with or without a willie. After he's "rehabilitated".

It's in their heads not their groin.

• Like 4

vomiting, urinating and claiming they are menstruating to fend off an attacker

Wow.

God forbid they have the tools to realistically fend off an attacker...

• Like 2

I'm always perplexed why someone's decision to pursue higher education suddenly makes them irresponsible with a firearm.

The politicians are just trying to make all of us gun owners look irresponsible and responsible for every death out there, make us out to be a danger to society when we are the completely opposite. We practice fire arm safety and it is practically drilled into us since the time we can handle guns. Yes there are people who never owned a gun, never took a class that get their hands on guns, these are the type of people that make our lives living hell because of their actions cost people lives. I think it should be taught in schools about fire arm safety, how to handle guns, and when is a reasonable situation to use them to protect themselves. You sure as hell not going to be taught how to handle firearms in movies. Politicians and anti-gun advocates sure have funny ideas what guns are and how they can effect lives. They are unreasonable to the point that they refuse to do one thing that could bring more responsibility to new gun owners, teach about gun safety courses in schools for all students so everyone understands the importance of safety and proper usage. Hell make a sport out of it, by holding gun competitions at schools making it a recreational sportsman competitions, which teaches safety and responsible ownership.

There are many rapists out there that will kill the people they rape... so advocating this is like sentencing woman to death at the hands of these social rejects. They now know that the threat from the victim won't take their lives and more likely to turn a situation around on the victim when they pull out an weapon like you guys been talking about. Hell they would use the weapon from the victim on them, killing them because they can easily overpower a woman with a knife.

Edited by Uncle Sam
  • Like 1

in order for the gun ban to be something good

there must be a cleaning of weapons black market

so innocent people don't fall defenseless in face of gangsters and the like

but .. i think gun control is good thing .. kids with their daddy's gun in school can result nothing good

but .. i think gun control is good thing .. kids with their daddy's gun in school can result nothing good

How many times does that happen? Keep in mind there are 300 million guns in private hands in the United States.

I agree.. guns should not be used for self defense during an attempted rape...

They should use flame throwers - set to "low flame" to make it last longer....

Edited by Taun

Interesting that it is always male politicians that say these crazy things about rape. Boy don't we just elect the best and brightest to serve us? Crazy, absolutely crazy that the university would not allow female students to actually protect themselves using firearms. So they are worried about students getting paranoid and using the gun on an innocent person? Well then instead of teaching them to urinate and puke which is just ridiculousness why not actually teach them proper handling of firearms and how to properly assess threats and use the firearms responsibly? That seems much more logical than taking away their right to defend themselves against rape and replacing that right with ridiculous BS. I hope that this University sees a massive drop in enrollment because of this.

Maybe if there is reincarnation that Salazar will be reincarnated as a female...I'll bet that would change his viewpoint.