Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Miracle' TV show "risking lives"

Still Waters

TV shows made in London that encourage viewers to believe they are cured of life-threatening illnesses by prayer have been condemned by charities.

Charities criticised an episode of the Miracle Hour show, on Faith World TV, during which a diabetic caller was told he was "set free" from the disease.

"It is particularly dangerous and puts his life at risk," said African Health Policy Network head Francis Kaikumba.

UKWET, which produces the show, said it was "reviewing" its "new programmes".

http://www.bbc.co.uk...london-21505191

I have no problem with what people want to believe in, but PLEASE take this backward piece of trash to Africa.

Bishop Simon Iheanacho, who is chairman of Minority Ethnic Christian Affairs (Meca), which supports black and minority ethnic Christians.

This is RACIST!! we are not allowed to have people on t.v supporting white people, so how can we have this on our t.v in our own country? !!!

RACIST!!!!!!

Is this what the christian faith is all about? supporting select people only? I thought it was about helping everyone!!!

Edited by freetoroam

Sigh.... I also have issues with Pagans over this kind of thing. I go to healing rituals, but I don't stop my medical treatment. It does help me feel better, but I am not going depend on it to cure me of my health issues.

• Like 1

haven't seen the show but it's responisble of them to promote this. Jesus never told anyone not to go to a doctor .I know when sometimes people have done all kind of medical procedures and nothing works they may resort to going to some place like Lourdes if they can afford it or pray much hoping that they will either be cured or at least get some relief for themselves.Sad,just sad.

haven't seen the show but it's responisble of them to promote this.

Can I take it you mean irresponsible?

People are stupid for believing this stuff but I can't help but feel sorry on them.

How far does religion have to stick it in before you submit start and believing in this desperate crap?

Seriously trying to fathom how the hell anyone believes these charlatans with their bleached smiles and expensive suits; it puts me in mind of those panhandling televangelists selling that 'Miracle spring water' which apparently healed cancer and brought money to the users' mailboxes...Iv'e seen the shows.

Observe:

[media=]

[/media]

Aren't I glad I cared enough to educate myself a bit...thank Me.

Edited by Sean93